Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

It was a symbol used for the scout snipers, but the scout snipers chose it because they love Nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
If your gimmick is you post racist screeds indistinguishable from someone just posting racist screeds sincerely, it's a bad gimmick. Someone coming into the thread shouldn't need special knowledge of "no that's the person who says racist poo poo, but it's ironic because they're pretending they are the one that's saying racist poo poo but it's secretly someone else saying the racist poo poo!"

Piell has a new favorite as of 12:45 on Jul 7, 2020

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Boywhiz88 posted:

Orrrrrr you could admit that you got fooled, like a lot of us did years ago (and occasionally still do).

Part of the fun w LoB is just reading regular posts then BAM LoB post and you’re like WTF is this doing here then realizing it’s LoB and laughing. Bonus when people like you fall for it and freak out.

Edit: I hate to go this route, but you’ve posted in this thread twice in the last 30 days and that’s it. You don’t seem to be a thread regular. It’s an inside-joke at this point for the IoSM thread that has lasted multiple iterations and mods. It’s sometimes bizarre screeds about religion or literally anything. HENCE “Lottery of Babylon”

If you don’t like it, put them on ignore or just stay out of the thread.

I have been aware of the gimmick. I don't generally post in the thread, but I have read it regularly for a long time. (see my participation in the previous thread) "My gimmick is I sometimes pretend to be a racist" is a bad gimmick.

Piell has a new favorite as of 12:56 on Jul 7, 2020

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Seedge posted:

This seems the best place to ask a dumb question, providing content from inside the thread etc:

Call Of Duty Warzone removed the OK hand gesture. I've heard it's because it was co-opted as a White Power thing.

The Twitter threads revolving around this announcement insist it was only ever a 4chan joke.

Who's the idiot here? Besides me.

"I have an idea for a hoax! We'll convince the news media that white supremacists are going around using the OK symbol to signal to each other!"
"Sounds great, how will we do that?"
"We'll have white supremacists go around using the OK symbol to signal to each other!"

It's not a "hoax", in that it's not "something that isn't happening but people are pretending it is." It is, instead a planned operation that succeeded. 4chan got white supremacists to use the OK symbol to signal each other (it helps that /pol/ has a lot of white supremacists).

See the ADL's article on it.

If it's a rando using it, it's probably just the OK symbol. If it's a alt-right/far-right/particularly online shithead, it's probably white supremacist signalling/"trolling". (The troll here is they pretend to be white supremacists when they actually just hate black people! It's totally different!)

Piell has a new favorite as of 12:52 on Jul 9, 2020

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

That reminds me, is Jorps still a walking corpse or is he better/worse?

He got COVID in a Serbian hospital he was in for complications from when he got a Russian hospital to put him in an induced coma go come off addiction to benzos.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Buddy, they won't even let me

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Mak0rz posted:

I think it's just fix-it type Dads™ taking the "give a man a fish..." adage to extremes and thinking it applies to hungry nine year olds who can't intuit a device they've never seen before.

The whole point is you teach them to fish, not throw a hook and a string at them and tell them to get to work

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

https://twitter.com/twoeightnine/status/1349211473227231232?s=20

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Baron von Eevl posted:

lol fair enough!

Oh eat poo poo, it's not boot licking to say "he might have been arrested for harassing someone else" even if turns out to not be correct.

Yes it is because you made up a reason the cops are right up out of thin air based on nothing

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Ambitious Spider posted:

“Bill of rights first ten or so articles”

It’s exactly the first ten amendments. How do they love this doc so much but not know a single thing about it?

It's literally virtue signaling, the thing they project so much. "Loving the Constitution" is good so they love the Constitution, but they're intellectually lazy so why bother reading it when they can get all "knowlege" they need from a Facebook post.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1361308434713505795?s=20

Imagine getting this mad to someone being asked not to use a racial slur (dude also claimed that racism is over)
https://twitter.com/WC8991/status/1361309360081756160

Piell has a new favorite as of 18:42 on Feb 15, 2021

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
All the colors mixed together is a brownish color, this is easily proven with any simple paint set

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Fister Roboto posted:

lmao

In case anyone hasn't heard this term yet, "super straights" are dudes who need to make sure that literally everyone knows with absolute certainty that they're only attracted to cis women.

It's literally just transphobes, it was literally invented to be a 'gotcha' by a guy who was constantly being called transphobic and spread by 4chan Nazis who were super into the fact that abbreviates to SS

Piell has a new favorite as of 20:53 on Apr 2, 2021

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

letthereberock posted:

Ok it HAS to be intentional at this point right? Like there’s a specific pleasure some Britons take in attacking Markle for the exact things they praised Middleton for?

No they're just extremely racist so are constantly attacking anything she does, and sometimes she does things that Middleton did

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Gross Dude posted:

4. The pirates of the Caribbean ride is not immersive enough anymore, he doesn't say why.

They changed the scene of the slave-wife auction to one where pirates sell stolen goods

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/Locksneedfartin/status/1386001925485875206
few tweets later
https://twitter.com/Locksneedfartin/status/1386112268744724480

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/1386338348453748737

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Josef bugman posted:

I dislike these people, in a way that I find hard to quantify.

Is there a term for someone who is optimistic as a weapon to hurt others with?

Yes, as exemplified by this idiot on social media
https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1385245724019933184

Demanding forced outward optimism in order to cover up actual bad things, therefore meaning being sad or angry is your fault because you're supposed to be happy regardless of what happens

Piell has a new favorite as of 18:14 on Apr 25, 2021

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s absolutely going to be an “all millennial adults are just giant children” thing and not a literal “people below the age of majority are getting graphic tattoos” thing.

Correct

"The children of Park Slope and Echo Park with their graphic tattoos and nut allergies and an odd inability to form complete sentences. The neurotic, anxious twentysomethings who went to college to be told that “truth” is a white male construct, who seem devoid of poetry or irony, who believe mean words, words with which they disagree, are like ICBMs. Those whose lives are circumscribed by galactic reservoirs of ignorance — about the past, the culture, themselves, about why they believe what they know to be good and indisputable. Those who know only how to perform, and who rely on acronyms and slogans and logical fallacies when asked: how can you be sure of that?"

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

RoboRodent posted:

Like Trump is going to live that long on his diet of fast food and diet coke.

... oh my God I just. When he dies there's going to be so many conspiracies about how he was murdered, aren't there?

I'm honestly surprised that there aren't a bunch of conspiracies about how he's already dead and that's why he hasn't come back with proof of how Joe Biden stole the election and have the military put him back into the presidency

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Unicyclists aren't people

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

letthereberock posted:

Parmesan cheese is a weird thing like canned cranberry sauce where, the real version is not at all difficult to come by, but people have this weird Stockholm-syndromey attachment to the horrible fake kind that goes beyond all reason. “Bring me my cheese-flavored saw dust in the green can good sir!”

Canned cranberry sauce is better than the real thing and anyone who says different is a liar

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean I can’t think of anything I care less for than goon food opinions

Dark chocolate, peanut butter, and mint is the best flavor combination

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

learnincurve posted:

Mosquitoes have killed over 52 billion humans, which is more that half of all humans who ever lived

Today 17% of all infectious diseases are carried by Mosquitos and they kill 700,000 people a year.

Sounds like mosquitos are getting blamed for something disease is doing, this propaganda about the noble mosquito is disgusting

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/skullmandible/status/411281851131523072?lang=en

My go-to is "dumbfuck", though

Piell has a new favorite as of 16:37 on May 28, 2021

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/HarveyNormanAU/status/1398247082423558144

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

The followup is crazier
https://twitter.com/torriangray/status/1398784816502374403?s=20

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
"Its a pizza" I shout as I stuff a handful of cheese and sauce in my mouth

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Just buy a salt lick and lick your delicious salt block all you want

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Read After Burning posted:

I can't decide between laughing hysterically at this and wincing in shock at this blatant loving racism, but I guess I'll settle for both!

Also, if any of y'all have any family members, social media acquaintances, etc. spouting the stupid "Republicans freed the slaves!" poo poo, please show them this short-but-concise video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJtdWaDPopg

They'll just refuse to admit the party switch happened and that democrats are the real racists

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

BigRed0427 posted:

gently caress...I actually liked Mumford and sons.

You still can like them, the shithead just left

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Cleretic posted:

I really want to know how vampires steal people's genders, but not enough to read a two thousand page novel.

What if it was a series of novels?

"Humanity is in decline, ravaged by insanity, natural disasters, conflict, disease and infertility. A mysterious new race has risen from the ghettos and ruins of the decaying, dying cities. The young are evolving into a new species, which is stronger, sharper and more beautiful than their forerunners. Androgynous beings, they transcend gender and race. They possess skin psychic abilities and the means, through a process called inception, to transform humans into creatures like themselves. But they are wild in their rebirth and must strive to overcome all that is human within them in order to create society anew. They are the Wraeththu."

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Henchman of Santa posted:

Olympics: What if we were extra racist to black athletes this year and also killed a bunch of Japanese people for good measure?

Washed country star: too woke for me

https://twitter.com/Travistritt/status/1410756945603088386?s=19

Anybody know what he could possibly be mad about? All the chuds in his replies are agreeing about nonspecific wokeness.

https://twitter.com/MzBerryThrows/status/1409213201967849480

Gwen Berry, a hammer thrower, turned away from the flag while the anthem was playing during the trials

quote:

"They can feel how they feel, but I'm extremely American because I'll fight for people here, because we've endured it here," she added. "People are still capitalizing off of our unpaid labor force, more than 400 years [...] so how can they be mad at me for standing up for my people?"

When asked if she would one day stand up for the flag or the national anthem, she said, "Of course [...] until these issues are fixed, until these communities are supported, and until America takes full accountability for the things that Blacks have to face here.

"America is the greatest country in the world. We are capable of fixing these issues. I am tired of talking about them. I won't do it anymore."

Piell has a new favorite as of 17:00 on Jul 3, 2021

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1435045506779070466

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

ReidRansom posted:

Wait, wait, wait... how can they be so certain this isn't all in fact an occasional Smaller Han? Or wildly varying sizes for everyone, and Luke is the only constant?

Because Smaller Han is an insane theory, whereas Bigger Luke is just plain truth

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Everyone knows the manliest man are the Iron males. In my new book, I will explain why this superior type of man, the Fe-male, is

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Yeah they are a ton of shitheads losing their minds over SUPERMAN CANT BE GAY ILL NEVER BUY THIS COMIC NOW who clearly haven't been buying it anyway because they don't know who Jon Kent is (and also can't even be bothered to read the tweet announcement they're screaming about that explains it)

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/LizMair/status/1448985812444528640

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

OwlFancier posted:

I absolutely don't believe NFT people are poor, poor people don't have thousands of dollars to spend on jpegs and natural selection means you rapidly learn not to spend thousands on jpegs if you're poor. They're the star citizen whale demographic, nerds with far too much money.

They just become poor when they spend all their money on NFTs and are unable to sell them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Here's the article. It was written by a trans woman. I am making no statement by posting it.

I will say I think this particular issue requires nuance and the internet is not at all made for that

it's just laundered terf poo poo from a transmedicalist