Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Oh also I looked on my Amazon today and it had some interesting suggestions to read...

I'm the communist vampire.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

So I think I may be an idiot on social media. I've got a friend who gets very excited about ideas sometimes and usually needs calming down. Last week, he sent me a message saying he needed to contact the press to tell them his idea, and asked me to share his video. The idea is relatively simple, use bags from home instead of supermarket baskets/trolleys to avoid contamination. I happily agreed to put it on Facebook for him.

Yesterday, he sent me another video. And asked me to share it with all of my 33 followers on twitter. So I did.

I'm not sure why I'm uploading videos of an old nearly naked man online but there you go. Here's a still from the video.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Skwirl posted:

All the nearby grocery stores are forbidding people to bring their own bags. It protects the grocery baggers.

I'm from the UK so we don't have grocery baggers here.

I think the idea is that you use a bag, wash it after and reuse instead of touching the wire baskets which are used by everyone else.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Memento posted:

Brock, now that's a loving rapist name

Reposting this even though we've all seen it but it absolutely rules and should be posted every time.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

OK I'm mostly angry at this because pedophile priests are bad. That's the main thing.

But goddammit that grammar is bugging me as well.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

I wish that t-shirt thing was just a random advert but no, someone I knew had posted it.

This quarantine is making me realise how many people on my Facebook are idiots that just didn't have the time before.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Conspiracy theory folks are going crazy right now.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Yeah that guy does it a lot. Every now and then I'll say hi or something and even then I get about five messages in response. It's just weird.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

there wolf posted:

Pedovores means child-eater, right? There's not some other, weirder definition that my third eye isn't open enough to understand.

I don't know and I'm scared to ask.

But gently caress it, in this brave new world we must face the horrors. I'll report back.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Whelp. I've permanently screwed up my Google search results to find an answer which appears to be both forgiving towards pedophiles and include satanic rituals in the response.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

T-man posted:

They assume she's doing 24/7 hard drugs and childrape behind the scenes, and would otherwise look like the wicked witch. And yes, it's adrenochrome.

Podcast by Twitter famous pisspiggrandad TrueAnon is planning on having their producer take it on stream soon.

I tried to look up adenochrome but got a far as, huh, it's drugs, before my mind gave up. It's late here, I'm sleepy.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Well yeah while I totally get the point that there are people out there attracted to minors not acting on it and maybe we need to redefine words, that's not the semantic hill I intend to die on.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

I got into a HUGE debate the other day on Facebook with a proper bridezilla but can't be bothered to go back and edit it all yet so until then, have a bit of average crazy from my feed...

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

So this may also be me being involved in idiocy but there ya go. There's been a front page headline on the BBC about a family that spent 17k on a skiing holiday for 20 people and the chalet won't refund it because the chalet is still open technically. This bothered me so I went on a Facebook rant...

Most people after saying that was cheap kinda got the point I was making... Except this girl... (I'm orange, she's green. There's a few bits missing because my friend took screen shots before it got deleted)

Then our mutual friend deleted the whole thing, I put some screen shots on my Facebook and got this message...

Which, obviously, I also uploaded.

Kept us all entertained for a morning anyway.

(Couldn't really work out if she was actually trying to be sarcastic about not having money but it didn't come across well. Incidentally, her Facebook background is two fancy cars, one with a personalised numberplate)

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Breetai posted:

You really did show your entire rear end in this one.

It's early for me here and for some reason my mind went to wondering if I'd literally put a picture of by rear end up by mistake.

But yeah, I'm a massive arsehole when it suits me.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

The General posted:

Yeah, 20 people are giant entitled assholes because they'd like a refund for $800~ each for a service they can no longer use. Those monsters!

Yeah, a few people said that and I kinda clarified, I get it but it's not really front page news... (17k is what many people in nursing etc are on and it's insensitive and inappropriate right now...)

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Nah, you're a prick.

Not denying that...

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Like, no idea about those people's situations, maybe they're rich assholes and 800 bucks isn't a lot of money to them, but there's a bunch of people right now, who've saved up for similar vacations in the past with the idea that they would have a relatively stable economic situation when they got back, who suddenly could really loving use another 800 dollars.

Yeah agree there but the picture with this made it rather clear that this is their annual skiing holiday. It does suck but it's really not front page news. I stand by my initial point, trying to garner tears for the wealthy family of four that go skiing every year is terrible journalism.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Dynastocles posted:

But it's not about a wealthy family of four. It's about how 20 people pooled their resources for a vacation (long before this crisis started!) and how they just got hosed because the business they gave their money to is run by shitheads.

Your ire towards the wealthy is fine, but it needs to be directed at the right people. And there's no shortage of examples.

Meh, I get your point but still don't think it should be headline news right now.

I'll go back to finding strange things. Does Wish count?

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Found this on a local news page about symptoms.

Plus anti vax crowd still shouting, if somewhat incoherently...

(only really including that last one because I love the insult in the reply)

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Really not an idiot here. Although lots of us have issues with the concept of the monarchy, we're actually pretty fond of the Queen.

She's in her nineties and still working. Jesus.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

TinTower posted:

The idiocy comes from the boot being firmly wedged in his throat.

I kind of like the Queen, all things considered, but I’m not gonna sing loving Happy Birthday to her.

Ah yeah agreed. I keep forgetting to go out for the NHS clap and I'm sure it's very quickly turned into some kind of social requirement here. Don't get me wrong, I think I speak for the whole country when I say we love our NHS so much right now but I seem to have more evening social arrangements than I ever did before lockdown that keep getting in the way.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Guilty posted:

This is an extremely British sentiment, Catholic guilt wrapped in British arrogance.

No one cares if you clap or not.

It's like you know me personally.

But actually, people do take note. I've seen more than a few Facebook posts moaning that their street isn't taking part enough. Not to mention the discussions over queuing etiquette. My other half nearly got in a fight today at tesco because he queued wrong.

Yes. The British stereotype is real.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Honestly I don't think most people here care what Megan and Harry do. The people that do are the type that still have a Diana porcelain decorative plate on their wall and read the daily mail.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

trickybiscuits posted:

Tell people that you support the NHS in the only way that matters: with money.

I'm not a wealthy person... However I'm doing any volunteer stuff I can find. I got my neighbour some jelly babies because he missed them. Does that help?

(Thing is, if you live in a small town here, there's not a huge amount you can do except sit home)

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

If you ever wondered what small town Britain is really like, one woman just posted asking people to not bang pots and pans for the NHS clap on Facebook because it wakes up her kid and now half the town is planning to make even more noise next week just to piss her off.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Tiny Lowtax posted:

All the clap stuff around here is 7pm. Is that what it is there too? Because if so, gently caress her. It’s 7pm, not midnight. Why are your kids even asleep at 7pm.

It's 8pm here.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Guys, actually, trump is a genius because...

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Picnic Princess posted:

First women decided to show their ankles, then the miniskirt came along. It was only a matter of time before everyone stopped wearing clothes altogether.

It's happening. In lockdown, underwear is obsolete.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

I'm following this group on Facebook just to see what's going on. Always something funny.

Also this from a local newspaper which is about pollution levels dropping...

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

This is beyond idiots really.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

This is from someone I know who is going full 'corona virus doesn't exist' currently.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Urgh, I will be happy if I never see that pandemic video again. For the context, my crazy friend posted a video which then had a very long conversation and several other videos posted. I actually watched them and explained why they were terrible, which led to the following discussion...

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

The crazy person I know that is fully into every conspiracy has finally unfriended me, which is something of a relief. This is one of the last things that popped up...

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

I went and had a little dig around the guy's Facebook and he's loving the conspiracy thing. I think this one was my favourite.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

More from sasquatch dude. Sadly, this is the limit as the rest of his Facebook posts are just sharing YouTube videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

I'm really enjoying ignoring everything that's happening and just following Sasquatch communities...