Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
I'm glad this new rule got the thread back on track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Ben won't kill baby Hitler to save millions of lives, but he will sacrifice six figures or more of lives to save the economy.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Not a Christian, a Christ follower. Dunno why but that phrasing makes me think of Jesus taking out a restraining order.

I had a roommate in college who did the whole "Christ Follower" thing. The logic behind it is that Christianity is a religion and religions are bad. So instead, they choose to be Christ Followers. As far as I could tell it just meant fundamentalist Christian.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

What prompted this

Best explanation I could find is this :

https://mobile.twitter.com/dyllyp/status/1265118744193331200

Would be nice to find the original tweets the pictures are from, though.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Moo the cow posted:

A later episode has Roy being sexually-assaulted and mocked for it and it only confirmed the previous conclusion.

I recently caught two episodes of the IT Crowd on Pluto TV, I saw the whole series in the past and had fond memories of it. But the episodes I happened to watch that day were the one with the trans woman and then one where they go to a musical called "Gay". Both of these episodes aged very badly and I started to wonder if the whole show was like this or if I just happened to catch the worst two episodes. But, after reading this line I'm willng to bet the show is way more problematic than I remember.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

At first I thought that it had to be a bisexual person married to a straight or gay person. But, yeah, obviously it was a gay person married to a straight person. I guess mixed orientation is a term that exists outside of this post. There are even counselors specializing in it. The Wikipedia article is an interesting read, at least for me, because I didn't realize this concept existed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed-orientation_marriage

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

OwlFancier posted:

To deter cops is it most effective to cast magic circle against law or magic circle against evil?

Circle of Protection: White

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

This is some Ayn Rand stuff. In Atlas Shrugged, John Galt keeps saying objectivism is all based on A=A but never really explains.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

What is the Bubba Wallace hoax? Are they claiming he didn’t drive a Black Lives Matter car, or that he isn’t black, or just that he doesn’t exist?

Or the George Floyd hoax? He didn't die? He had past convictions so it didn't matter that he died? He had a fake twenty so it didn't matter that he died?

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Inceltown posted:

Has anyone made a game with an assassin class that also filtered the word rear end out?

In Phantasy Star Online there were weapons with the word Hell in them, but if you tried to say the weapons name in chat it would get censored. Also Saturday would be censored and so would crackers. Heres an article :

https://archive.rpgamer.com/editor/2001/q2/060301cu.html

Not in the article, but from my memory, socks also was filtered, maybe it was too close to sucks.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
Dennis Prager listener found.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Elviscat posted:

It turns out Americans (at least) are absolutely unable to understand subtle messages, see Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle" where he wrote about how immigrants to the US are treated horribly and inhumanely, enduring squalid living and working conditions, including some working conditions that were so unsafe people occasionally fell in to meat grinders.

And the overwhelming reaction by the public was "wait, we might be eating people? That's disgusting!" And it lead directly to the creation of the FDA.

The other 99% of the book about immigrants living in houses they couldn't heat, wage theft, and having to drink cheap, formaldehyde laced milk to stay alive?

That got ignored.

I've always enjoyed Sinclair's take on it: "I aimed for America's heart and hit it in the stomache"

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

snergle posted:

no because thats just normal dirty rap to your standard chud white guy. it has to be popular and have people who they care about attachted to it. not that they care about cardi B but they for sure care about the jenner family and they currently care about kanye. plus the insane popularity of the song. i personally love the song. as does homer simpson.

https://twitter.com/JuiceSimpsons/status/1292296456850804737

thanks for the link though thats a great loving song im gonna check our her other stuff.

edit: she doesnt even have a record deal!? jesus someone get cupcakke a record deal shes talented af.

Wow WAP POWER, Homer? No wonder your name is Simpson.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
Couldn't he just go further in the past and get some more costume zingers in?

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
Do I want to know what CSEM is? I'm not googling it

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Scratch Monkey posted:

What does that mean?

I assume that each year's version of FIFA is basically the same game, probably with new players to match the teams current compositions, but the same underlying game.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

luxury handset posted:

it is so extraordinarily easy to do that you can come up with all kinds of really stupid elaborate ways to do it to bait people into making arrogant replies. it's the kind of thing a programmer might gently caress around with for giggles, to find really absurd ways to tell if a number is even or odd

it reminds me of this, people coming up with garbage designs for volume control

https://uxdesign.cc/the-worst-volume-control-ui-in-the-world-60713dc86950

I saw in the wild on a real site a telephone number field with an up and down arrow so you could increment or decrement your phone number by one.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

They had to make their polls more ridiculous to get the answers they wanted :

https://mobile.twitter.com/prageru/status/1319703875704680448

https://mobile.twitter.com/prageru/status/1319701458149728256

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
Dilbert explains why some black mail is ok.

https://mobile.twitter.com/julianfeeld/status/1321260359148158976

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
I questioned whether this was real or not when I was it last night, but apparently this person has been selling MAGA pop art for awhile, so I think it's real.

OP not the idiot, the person who posted this call with their teach online is.

https://twitter.com/CopingMAGA/status/1328523274662408196

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Brawnfire posted:

...is this a bit or are they literally just barely intelligent enough to not drown in their own saliva?

Its just him saying he outraged the libs by doing something stupid that doesn't make sense.

Then everyone tells him he did something stupid that didn't make sense.

And then he goes, "ah, look everyone is saying I did something stupid that doesn't make sense. They would only say that if I owned them".

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

I found this post so confusing. At first I thought there was a poem called 'After Sex' and people were just reading it to her.

Now I realize there is no such poem, but that two guys read poetry to her after sex?

Now it makes even less sense!

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

jjack229 posted:

Maybe I'm the IOSM, but is this sincere? The whole thing reads like a parody to me.

Nah, he is just a true believer :

https://mobile.twitter.com/WarClandestine/status/1324265430521962497

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

I was thinking about this post all day because I thought it was so weird. I wonder if he's not piggy backing off of the Scott Adams post we saw in this thread earlier.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1325427761335267328

I feel like the follow up to Reuben's post will be something like, "look at the high percentage of people who would cheat against Hitler. The democrats think trump is Hitler, therefore they probably cheated.

Well, thanks for reading about how I thought about two of the worst people all day.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
He thought it was national pest day

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Andrast posted:

someone please explain pro skub vs. anti skub to me in excruciating detail

It's milquetoast centrism that pretends that politics is trivial and doesn't matter. It shows that anyone who is passionate about their beliefs is a zealot and has lost sight of what only the truly intelligent know: that politics is nothing more than a beauty product, it makes you look good to those whose side you're on. This is obvious by both the shirts that each side is wearing and the fact that skub turns out to be a cosmetic cream.

Did I do it right?

Gross Dude has a new favorite as of 19:38 on Apr 14, 2021

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
Eh, it's a living

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Aramoro posted:

I really feel this person should be on some sort of list, like one known to the authorities.

Schindler's list or the Epstein flight logs?

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1384616003137679363

I know Ben is probably cheating, but this seems especially dumb even for him.

"He calls this justice, but he wouldn't call the opposite justice, hmm curious"

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

Seems like he's having a lot of trouble saying what specific changes are too woke for him, other than "change bad".

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/opi...rjoy-story.html

https://twitter.com/pwtham11/status/1385612322861985792

... Oh, no wonder he was speaking so generally.

I read the article and this guy's complaints are:

1.Disney cast members are "now permitted to display tattoos, wear inclusive uniforms and display inclusive haircuts"

2. They are getting rid of trader Sam. I didn't know who that is, but it turns out he's a black guy dressed in stereotypical African outfit who asks people to trade two of their heads for one of his

3. They are removing references to song of the south

4. The pirates of the Caribbean ride is not immersive enough anymore, he doesn't say why.

Then he says that with all these changes, the only thing he will think about while at Disney is how political disney is now and he won't have fun.

Gross Dude has a new favorite as of 23:05 on Apr 23, 2021

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

I know this isn't the thread for it, so can someone give me a quick answer or a link to an article/thread about NFTs that answers my confusion about them:

Why do you want to own NFTs?

Because it will be worth more later? But why would it be? Just so that people acknowledge that you own a digital asset? What does it mean to own a tweet or a picture of weird cat? I truly do not understand.

I've read a few articles but none of them explain why you'd want to own one aside from reselling it.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

ben shapino posted:

Croniavirus claims another soul

E: what's with the background lol that's a joke I'm pretty sure

I guess if you didn't know it was the crying laughing emoji you'd think it was just a crying emoji.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
Meyers Briggs was actually really helpful back when I was on dating sites.

If someone had their 4 letter type in their bio I knew it was not going to work.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Not just Hitler: Sunglasses Hitler

Not just Sunglasses Hitler, but Lovecraft monsters? Is that a common theme in Persona?

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Bismuth posted:

The SMT wiki has a whole category for monsters from "Lovecraftian Mythology", more are added in Royal too. Overall I really like their designs, even if they made Cthulhu :nws:

Yeah, that Cthulhu design...

quote:

For unknown reasons, the design for Cthulhu in Shin Megami Tensei II incorporates a human penis as a tongue.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

I'm afraid that professionals won't bend their will to my shifty opinions.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

RoboRodent posted:

It just says "beat." Do I have to fight to the death? There's a number of animals on there I feel fairly certain about my ability to convince to not fight me, but unarmed I think me and a rat would be a pretty even match, if for some reason one wanted to fight me. I might be bigger, but a rat is faster and has way more bite strength than I do.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Skwirl posted:

Don't mixes like that in general have fewer health problems than pure breeds?

Yeah, one problem is that there are definitions for what each breed should look like at dog shows, so that leads to two issues that result in inbreeding. One is that direct relatives are bred, because they will have similar features.

The other issue is that when a dog wins a show there is a lot of demand to breed that dog, spreading that dog's DNA widely through the breed, so inbreeding can happen accidentally just because one dog has so many offspring all in the same breed. And then more purebred dogs are created by mating dogs of the same breed, but a lot of them share recent ancestors.

Purebreds end up with more genetic diseases than mixes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
The solution is simple, cocksucker is now a compliment.