Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

Oh my god, I need an update to that one. I'm on the edge of my seat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

I appreciate T-Man's regular shitposting in this thread, maybe we should all be murdered. Have you thought about that?

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Also, I just need to check in with people because maybe I'm just too full of hate, actually, and should chill out but I was shocked to hear anyone actually stunned that people were wishing the worst for Boris Johnson's health when he got Corona.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih0JbSjpmBY#t=4952s

Am I in the wrong there? I'm not even in or from the UK I kinda have a general 'gently caress em' attitude about say, Elon Musk doing a twitter tantrum about not getting a lollipop for his new reusable bottle top ideas or any politician actively making life worse for people via gun laws or etc.

Gavin Free made a poo poo load of money off of Slow Mo Guys.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

Knormal posted:

For anyone who hasn't heard the story beyond just her name, Typhoid Mary's a really good analog to the modern anti-quarantine protesters. Even after she was identified as the carrier and informed what she was doing she wouldn't stay in. She just really loved spreading typhoid.

There was a really good Sawbones episode about it.

https://maximumfun.org/episodes/saw...s-typhoid-mary/

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

EasilyConfused posted:

While "try to" makes it not sound as bad, "storm" makes it sound worse.

But I guess "armed protesters walk inside capitol building and yell dumb things" doesn't make for a great headline.

Edit: To clarify, it's super hosed-up, but "storm" makes it sound like an insurrection.

If they're armed with rifles I'd say storm is a valid verb.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

I really like that one song of hers from Life is Strange.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

Sorry to go back to the Amanda Palmer chat, but does anyone have a link to what she's talking about here? I listened to the entirety of that very mediocre album and didn't catch anything. I listened to the song she specifically mentioned in the replies; "Blake Says" very carefully and didn't hear anything like what she's talking about.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

cptn_dr posted:

I think the version with the recording was an alternate version of the album / an early version. The one that you can find on Spotify/Bandcamp/wherever doesn't have it.
I was a big Palmer fan for a while in my teens/ early 20s (and I still think a lot of her music is pretty good, it's just the rest of her whole deal that sucks), and I'd never heard the fake suicide thing until I went looking last time Palmer was the internet's main character.

Aha, thank you! The guy in that video mentions it's used throughout the album and I was so confused. I thought maybe it was mixed into the background so I was listening really carefully to one of the songs.

Now to decide if im morbidly curious enough to track down one of those versions on the internet and give it another listen...

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

Receptions are so last decade, the families can bond over an armed stand off with the police instead!

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

Buzz...

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

RoboRodent posted:

The cops. Holy poo poo, calling the cops. It's a black bear. If you stand up straight and speak loudly from a safe distance, it'll probably run off on its own.

Yeah seriously, if you're getting rid of a black bear you're doing it for its own safety more than anything else. Worst case scenario it'll spook a jogger and then leave some trash strewn about.

I can only imagine the implication of that tweet is that a crew of men should come and shoot it 9 times in the back?

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

there wolf posted:

The cop looks like he's holding a ketch, one of those sticks with a loop on the end so you can collar an animal without getting near it. So hopefully they just guided it outside or took it to a wildlife rehab or something.

He could have just left the garage door open for an hour or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

Yeah men who feel the need scream their lungs out when they sneeze are both real and loving obnoxious.

e: and it's always men

Beartaco has a new favorite as of 13:00 on Jul 23, 2020