Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

sheep-dodger posted:

there's a whole cinematic universe of thin [colour] lines:

pour one out for the brave dispatchers

security (proposed)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Credit to British police though, if this happened in America and she wasn't shot, she still probably would have died in police custody.

Yeah, I was just thinking that: so kind of the British police to not stage her suicide to cover their mistake.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Twitter this evening appears to just be a chain of people playing "Nearer, My God, to Thee," this dumbass picked an amazing day to write this dumbass take.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

chglcu posted:

Isn’t that sort of what happened with Elizabeth Smart? The kidnappers just took her out in public. Not that I’m defending the IoSM here or anything.

Smart was older than "throwing a tantrum" age, and had been conditioned against acting out by her abductors when they began bringing her into public, chiefly by threatening to kill her if she did literally anything. They also disguised her to make it even less obvious that she didn't belong with them.

CW: rape: She also blamed abstinence-only sex ed for her unwillingness to act out, because once she was raped she believed she was ruined and so it wasn't worth escaping anyway.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

If you're not on BlueSky, dril just picked up his posting, and there is a whole contingent of people insisting NO, WE ARE NOT LETTING HIM IN, HE CANNOT DO THIS HERE, WE WILL STOP HIM

And the main motivation: that time he told everyone to block Twitter Blue users.

How is it working? Well, he's the second-most-followed non-admin account, so...

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Good news: the Blue folks finally got their payouts!

Bad news: remember the guy who got banned for posting CSAM and got specifically reinstated by Elon? He's complaining that his payout was only $2K. Elon is trying to explain to him that ad revenue is going to be low when you're advertising poison, but the guy just doesn't understand why that might be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

Ehh, I don't even remember that characters actual name, so I get it. I do feel bad for all the kids named that before the series ended though. "Oh you're named after your parent's fictional character, how did that end?" It's obviously not the same since it's a tv show and not actual real life acts, but a bit like like naming your kid Osama in the late 80's early 90s because of how brave he was standing up to the Russian invaders of Afghanistan.

I regret to inform you that, after dropping off a bit after the series ended in 2019, "Khaleesi" has increased in popularity as a baby name every year since.