Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

to be fair to him, he made it himself and he's a artist who does weird performance art with popping balloons and other weird stuff.

https://www.artnews.com/art-in-america/features/jan-erichsen-balloon-destroyer-art-instagram-famous-60217/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

T-man posted:

Kind of. My understanding is that the term comes from angry queer people to refer derisively to the Reproductive Citizens Atomic Family model that they were so often told was the only right way to be. Then it got leaked Like the term "incel" to angry reddit types, who call themselves childfree. Whole thing revolves around yelling about crotch spawn ruining their adult my little pony movie viewings. Nowadays I'd assume the latter to be more likely use.

They also tend to get along well with the ecologically fascist sorts, who also get steaming mad about people having kids.

they predate reddit because i remember being 13 on livejournal and watching the trainwreck of the child free community there.

i think it was on there that i watched a fully grown woman have a meltdown that she didn’t win the costume contest at a harry potter launch party and a kid was picked over her, who “””deserved””” it.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

op is not the idiot here

https://twitter.com/FlimfloomVEVO/status/1248114235370070017?s=20

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i really like how the twitter rant ends with “if you disagree with me well OBVIOUSLY you’re either a psychopathic spoiled brat who ruins lives or an enabler”

edit: oh my god

https://twitter.com/benedict_rs/status/1249014335319482370?s=21

Splash Attack has a new favorite as of 19:49 on Apr 11, 2020

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

white people are a oppressed minority guys the white bully should have been the real victim in the movie

https://twitter.com/lilithbriar/status/1248978241110429698?s=21

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

there wolf posted:

https://twitter.com/Jwil3698Justin/status/1249054482652069888

Seems like Peterson fans themselves are too big on empathy for traumatized people, so I guess that settles that argument.

Why the hell does twitter not put up the same screen cap when you quote something. This rear end in a top hat also follows Jordan Peterson. There, saved you a click through.

jordan peterson, both trump accounts, AND vic mignogna.

they’re also a professional animator (and hence why they feel the need to toot the I AM RIGHT horn) and i’m hoping that showing their rear end like this is enough to get them closed off

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

YggiDee posted:

Anyone without at least a sixer on their account in 2020 is too cowardly to shipost and that alone is a crime that deserves probation.

i'm shy

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

T-man posted:

For the record I am a bot.

Made, as far as my senses tell me, of meat.

if u think about it we’re technically meat gundams for our brain

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i'm really confused at how a guy who dates a girl who cams/sells nudes online is somehow the loser while they're the winners bc they pay to jack off to their girlfriend.

then again i'm speaking from a girl's perspective and i'm like "it's kind of nice she has a boyfriend who supports her and isn't insecure/jealous that she gets attention from other men and understand it's just business for her"

then again the first time i found out about simps was when it came out a few months ago some youtuber's girlfriend had a onlyfans account and everyone freaked out about it and i started seeing it everywhere

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i had been thinking findom was some sort of misspelling of femdom this whole time and i finally googled it

why is 'financial domination' even considered a kink because honestly it sounds more like a scam and a bunch of dudes don't want to admit it because it lets them have contact with a girl

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

Mikl posted:

No wait hold on, what was that about Doug Walker? Granted, it's been I think a decade since I watched anything by him, but he seemed cool.

a few years ago, people went public with how they were treated on his channel. about twenty people who used to work under his channel came with a 60+ documentation about the poo poo they dealt with, including with several producers grooming the people under them/being actual rapists. this polygon article kind of sums it up in the first half (and then goes on about youtube itself) but it also links to the document which is still up.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i would if only because i stumbled upon those guys by accident. they were super angry that her announcement uhh... last year? the year before? i don't remember when, but it was teased a date and then on it revealed her new album, and a lot of those guys were super furious because they thought she was going to "finally" come out.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i’m surprised no one has mentioned the actors who play the winchester brothers from supernatural, where some delusional fans were convinced they were dating each other and their wives and children were all fakes to deceive the mainstream media because they couldn’t publicly declare their love for one another.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

most of the chud gamers have been flocking to nintendo because it doesn't "censor" games ie when they localize the japanese titty game they don't take out the upskirts or edit the clothes to be less revealing.

i know this because one former friend wouldn't shut up about how sony censored some game about underage japanese ninja girls or something.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i legitimately thought this guy was a parody because "why would i support a company that hates me?" is so close to getting as to why people are protesting.

Splash Attack has a new favorite as of 23:08 on Jun 5, 2020

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Wait so that Angry Gamer Video wasn't a parody of angry gamers? I was laughing cause that sounded so ridiculous and stilted... drat. Now I just have to laugh at how sad that man is.

same. when he was talking about outrage disguised as a political movement (or something along those lines i’m not rewatching it) i thought he was referring to gamergate and making fun of it.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

RoboRodent posted:

She's Voldemort and Umbridge, then, by extension.

honestly she’s more like umbridge, a nasty middle aged woman who when faced with someone younger than her that was telling her the truths that she didn’t like, literally tortured under the guise of continuous punishment which left a permanent mark on harry. then she sucked up to the evil government that took over and bought some fake wizard heirloom poo poo so she could pretend to be from a well respected pure wizard line.

i really loved harry potter as a kid, but there’s a definite dip in quality toward the latter half. you can see it because the first four books i have are practically falling apart because i was reading them over and over again and the last three look brand new.

i think my favorite part of harry potter was the whole magical school thing, because the chapter i would read most obsessively as a kid was the diagon alley one in the beginning where he would buy school supplies. the introduction of other wizarding schools got me excited because it meant there was a whole world of wizards in different cultures and as a kid i wanted to know what it was like. as an adult i got my wish and a finger on the monkey’s paw curled (it was horribly stereotypical drivel that was borderline racism).

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

my mom is cis but she'd fail the "REAL WOMEN HAVE WOMBS" test because she had to get hers removed ten years ago because she was growing tumors in there.

and according to jkr i'm not a woman because i don't have periods (thanks, PCOS) even though i was born cis. :v:

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i'm watching the video and she's not even condemning these guys for having sexy horse body pillows, she's just calling them out for displaying them publicly in spaces where there were also kid fans wandering around and that they would dance around technicalities like "it's not explicit and if you think it's suggestive that might be because you're projecting, so maybe you're the real pervert"

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i've been told that i sneeze like a old man

this was very distressing to hear as a high school girl

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

honestly i joined for the let’s play forum and when he started streaming games i was excited because oh boy a lowtax please i bet he’s gonna be hilarious because he owns something awful!!!!

it was incredibly boring.

i just want to add this because he says he grew this for 22 years but i have honestly not seen any of that for the past 12 years. his entire gimmick was “i own the site and i can poo poo where ever i want to” and it’s kind of sad how he refuses to face that he was running on collective good will the past few years and people finally had enough.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 15:34 on Jul 26, 2020

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

being worth $180 billion dollars and actually having it on hand is two different things since part of bezos worth is in stuff that isn't in hard cold cash but an estimate of the worth of the things he owns, like amazon.

on the other hand he probably still does have enough money to actually help out a whole bunch of people or he has enough that he can change how his business is run to provide better benefits and healthcare for his employees and be fine. considering how bitter he is about having to pay his ex-wife alimony though, i doubt he'll even bother.

https://twitter.com/WilliamD1123/status/1287305443207938048?s=20

the op is not the idiot but the people replying sure are.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

people are still obsessed with ethnicities, although maybe that’s changed in the past ten years. source: me, who grew up identifying herself as full blooded asian only for people to keep asking me what i really was. years later my mom admitted to me that i’m actually mixed and was the result of an affair.

i still identify myself as asian but the amount of people - a lot of them complete strangers - who asked why i look so white or which one of my parents is the asian one is shockingly high.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

cult_hero posted:

(I've been probated for saying as much before, but here goes...) One of the most annoying things in gaming is companies censoring themselves to appeal to Chinese markets. Like in WOW they had to censor out all depictions of bones for Wrath of the Lich King for the Chinese markets. I'm sure for a lot of these companies they don't care how ridiculous it looks so long as they can still sell games in the glorious people's republic.

china doesn't care about skeletons, it's just a lot of non-chinese publishers self-censor because the chinese government can deny any game being released under the vague term of being 'culturally subversive' which explains nothing. a lot of companies willingly go overboard with self-censoring because they don't want to play the back and forth game where they change one thing and then get rejected, changing another and trying again, and so forth.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

CodfishCartographer posted:

It seems way more creepy than Miku or VTubers to me. With the others there's very little pretending they're not just characters. With these though, it feels like they're fully trying to pass off as ~*relatable*~ real people. It feels like trying to fool people into being advertised to in a way that Miku and VTubers don't. Yeah Miku is advertising a voice program, but she feels so disconnected from that now that it doesn't really matter, and there isn't an official miku Twitter pretending to be a real person posting about their fake insecurities and such. VTubers on the other hand feel much more like just regular game streamers that use anime girl avatars, they're not really directly advertising a product. They do have management companies and stuff but like, bands have record labels which aren't so different.

These fake Twitter accounts definitely feel like they're explicitly trying to trick people into thinking they're "real" in order to advertise products. It's taking the Wendy's-style relatable social media to the next level.

i think that’s what really grates my nerves about them, seraphine especially. the latter is a twitter of not even the actual “character”, it’s a persona for one of her skins. k/da as a virtual pop group was a nifty idea and the song they produced last year was catchy, but this just feels so manufactured - from the “i just woke up #bedhead” selfie to the bathroom mirror shot that looks like they painted over an actual girl’s selfie... there’s just something so artificial in that.

on the other hand i don’t think miku has ever really been presented as anything but a mascot. her personality can be anything people want her to be, as she’s just a visualization for the program’s voice. she does have a cheerful generic bubbly personality when she “speaks” at official events but it’s all “thank you guys so much for being here! being in [insert country name] is great!” and stuff like that. very robotic, which fits because that’s what she is.

watching a league of legends character tweet about how she’s omg so anxious and she needs to cheer up from her uncertainty is just eye rolling.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

Van Kraken posted:

The Crazy Horse sculptor had worked as an assistant on Mt Rushmore, he hadn’t designed it. Crazy Horse was commissioned by some Lakota chiefs, but IIRC it’s pretty controversial.

the first i heard about the crazy horse monument was when they finished his face in the 90s as a school kid and they included it in some weekly news booklet we got, and the information i remembered about why it was taking so long was because the sculptor's family wanted to keep it private even though the government offered to fund it because they didn't want to compromise the ideal and how big it was?

i got the chance to see it about ten years ago, after mount rushmore. and i can see why they want to keep it away from government meddling because if it ever gets finished, it'll be way bigger than rushmore.

lol

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i looked at the struggle tweets account and i'm just ??? at this one

https://twitter.com/Struggle_Tweet/status/1357478607807909889?s=20

that's pretty much standard chicken soup i've eaten for years in chinese restaurants and made by my grandparents.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

OwlFancier posted:

It looks like someone put a chicken breast in a bowl of water.

It might just be a cultural divide but to me, soup should have a lot more stuff in it, you can blend it optionally but it should be more than just something + the water you cooked it in. Unless the thing you cooked is a whole pot full of veggies and poo poo.

yes, the soup is cooked with veggies and herbs.

do you think restaurants out there are just selling chicken flavored hot water.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

you don't shred the chicken in those soups, since you're boiling them with the soup and herbs, at least not with the that specific soup recipe. it can be served with the herbs/veggies or strained and served with just the broth and meat since some people prefer drinking the broth without bits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNx4TCBXKlU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_6I6L34498

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWZTAMXgVUk

idk why people get so weird about asian food and insist that it's not looking "right" even itt. andrew yang says dumb things, but his chicken soup isn't one of them for once.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i have no idea why people are suddenly calling it a "secret" asian soup recipe, when it's just extremely common? when i was sick this is what my parents gave me, and the fact there's no visible vegetables/herbs in the soup means it must be bad is just :psyduck: to me.

also people being upset at the chicken not being shredded is weirdly dumb until i realized that they think these soups are being used only with spoons.

spoons are used for soups, but chopsticks are literally right there on the table so we just use those to pick up and eat the pieces too big for a spoon. and some people like to keep something to dip the big pieces in on the side.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

so what is it when a cop turns on their sirens to run through a red light and then turn them off as soon as they're through and continue driving

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

the witch is bernie sanders

https://twitter.com/pbfcomics/status/1190304567550005248?s=21

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

teen witch posted:

we had a free Disney Channel weekend when I was sick as a little kid once and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea can piss up a rope. Somehow I was ok with Davy Crockett and The Love Bug, but giant squid with a fever? NO.

I’ve seen The Mask a million times as a kid, but watched it when I had a nasty flu at 17. A terrible decision, and I forced myself to go to a con the next day, which felt more safer.

at least it wasn’t son of the mask

https://youtu.be/G7ZGRQiIdms

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

for me it was willy wonka and the chocolate factory. willy wonka seemed like a psychopath that was murdering children, as i was convinced they were all being killed on screen.

i don’t even know how the movie ends, all i remember is charlie and grandpa eating something that made them float and they were about to be chopped up by giant ceiling fans or something.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

Read After Burning posted:

Video game websites are cheating, but I'm bored at work, so y'all can suffer with me!

The Japanese version of Rune Factory 5 has been patched to allow same-sex marriage. More options in a video game are always good, right?

WRONG!

Then when someone says "They have, it's called 'don't romance someone of the same gender'", he responds:

This dude is pulling an unironic :japan:

Less an idiot, this just made me chuckle.

i'm remembering when aksys localized a dating sim that was aimed at women, all the comments left by dudebros were them flipping out that the guys were too pretty and that they weren't going to play a game that would turn them gay

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

Read After Burning posted:

Ha, do you remember what game it was? My first thought was Collar x Malice, those were some very pretty guys.

it was hakuouki for psp, so this was way back in the early 2010s and the amount of dudes upset and unable to understand that there was a game Not For Them was a lot.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

moderation is basically a job, but i think it also depends on where you’re modding. i imagine being the mod of r/toecheese with 20 members is probably a lot less intensive than trying to wrestle with r/games.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

2020 was rocky for me because my grandma died as lockdown happened - not from covid, but cancer (that i was sort of in denial about, because she’d beaten it several times already, she’ll beat it again right? :smith:) and once her nursing home stopped visits, she just rapidly declined and was gone in a few weeks.

anyways i thought 2020 couldn’t be topped in terms of awfulness because of trying to cope with her passing and dealing with the pandemic, except at the beginning of 2021 i was told i had cancer. and then my grandpa died the day after my surgery.

i honestly feel like life hasn’t been real since 2019.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i remember him being regarded as some sort of fond meme figure and then the moment he started being active on twitter the attitude shifted to “nvm he’s an idiot”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

lol at anyone getting made at logan paul using old gameboys because the analogue pocket came out this month and it's basically "hey do you want to play old handheld games without having to deal with batteries or having a lovely screen without a backlight?"

Splash Attack has a new favorite as of 21:58 on Dec 27, 2021