Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

MizPiz posted:

Just in case someone didn't know

I stopped following BoingBoing ages ago when every other post was "information wants to be free, support the EFF!"; meanwhile they'd "disemvowel" any comments that politely questioned someone's view on a topic. (Disemvoweling was leaving the comments up, but they had a script mods could use that took all the vowels out of any critical comments, so you had to struggle to read them.) Hypocrites, all around.

Good to see Xeni hasn't stopped being absolutely batshit and I have no reason to bring traffic to that site anymore.

JacquelineDempsey has a new favorite as of 19:35 on May 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Yeah, so you'd have, like idk, an article about how awesome an almond milk brand was, because of their clever marketing. If you'd dare suggest in the comments:

"Almond farming is actually terrible for the environment, and you should consider alternate choices like oat milk; here's some actual factual sourcing on that" [link]

If it offended the authors/mods (or simply went against their pet brands/projects) it would show up as:

"lmnd frming s ctlly trrbl fr th nvrnmnt, nd y shld cnsdr ltrnt chcs lk t mlk; hr's sm ctl fctl srcng n tht" [link totally omitted]

Free speech, indeed. There was also a big blowout about Xeni "un-publishing" a bunch of posts by a woman who they had a personal falling-out with around that time.

JacquelineDempsey has a new favorite as of 22:52 on May 22, 2020

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Sigh. I knew it would be a matter of time, but my sister just posted these pearls of wisdom on FB (I don't know how you c/p an individual post, because I barely use FB):

ohhh, sis, smh posted:

Enough with the whining and rioting and acting foolish. We all matter, EQUALLY.
Blacks kill far more blacks over ridiculous gang turf wars and drugs and prostitutes, than are ever killed by LAW enforcement. GET OVER IT. You’re only making yourselves look like black supremacists and hurting innocent people and livelihoods who weren’t even involved in the inciting incident. JUST STOP.
There are no white laws and black laws. Just AMERICAN laws. Follow them and you won’t have to worry about being arrested.

My favorite reply so far being this succinct little one from our 72 year old father:

my dad is cool and good posted:

A grievously prejudiced and naive post.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Walton Simons posted:

Imagine raising and nurturing someone, pouring your effort and time into them during your prime years and then they go and post that All Lives Matter.

Yeah, she's like... whatever the opposite of "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" is. Like, she fell and then spontaneously defied gravity and achieved escape velocity. I suspect her 2 ex-husbands and current redneck boyfriend have given her the brain worms. I know the one guy was rascist af.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

Maybe not but they did a really good cover of Venus in Furs.

I just wanted to let you know I appreciated this. (do we have a goth smilie?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

So the president's recent accomplishments include walking ten feet without falling over, and drinking water with one hand. These things are literally being bragged about.

Maybe next week he'll amaze us by standing on one foot for 5 seconds.

I would pay infinite $$$ to watch him get a standard field sobriety test administered by a cop and fail (bc let's face it, he probably can't say the alphabet forwards let alone backwards.) Then watch the right's heads explode when they can't decide whether to support cops or Dear Leader.