Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Madkal posted:

I need to do something about this man nicknamed "Kraken"

You can't say that, it's misogynistic.

Edit: never mind, misread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Mushika posted:

People really get upset that a game is available on more than one console? What the hell is that? Why does it make a game better if it's only available on one console and no other?

You should see what happens when a game goes on sale.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Stay at Home Mom Grandma Killing Nazi Lover to this tune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9H_cI_WCnE

Grandma killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Inceltown posted:

loving ✅
Sucking ❌

Trucking ✅

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

can we have one loving thread with no hilarious "ironic" jokes about Shapiro's house elf ancestry

It's not ironic. He's literally a Dobby

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Picnic Princess posted:

Some lady came up to me in public and shoved her phone in my face and yelled "thanks for sending us women back to the 50s you BITCH" and I have no clue why. I was wearing pants that day. My hair was short at the time but I also had a big purple flower clip over my ear. Maybe that was her issue? I have no idea what her problem was. White women are just really fragile sometimes. If anything I'm the opposite because I'm enby and have always dressed kind of weird. But never 50s housewife. I've never been that level of feminine.

Maybe you accidentally created some sort of time portal and literally sent some women back to the 50s. Been doing any unsanctioned quantum experiments lately?

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Aren't we all Calinivist mycologists

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Pookah posted:

Or maybe they said 'this show is just incredibly boring and whitebread" and he thought they said "white, Brad" and they called him Brad because they think all entitled middle-aged white men are called Brad?

Being boring and whitebread is an advantage in the corporate environment

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Brawnfire posted:

He had to lay the groundwork to make sure she's suitably impressed by the massive intellect and taste it takes to appreciate Trapt

It's gotta be Tool or Mars Volta.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Uh oh, what happened in Lebnaon?

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Yeah that one grandma who has played animal crossing every day for the last 10 years is skewing the data

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

hyperhazard posted:

I joined Twitter in the halcyon days of 2007, and I'm pretty sure my account is my name with an 88 after it. I posted like 3 times and gave up on it because no one was there in 2007 so the whole thing seemed dumb. Kind of glad I didn't build up a 13 year posting history with a Nazi symbol, tbh.

There are more people born in 1988 in this world than there are Nazis. Don't let em have it

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Grimdude posted:

I thought we already knew it was just sexism that compelled people to defend the prequels over the new films?

We all heard the unnecessary level of bitching over that lady with the colorful hair. Not to mention Rey the "Mary sue."

I don't think it's fair to deride every single person who didn't like the new movies as a sexist. I prefer the prequels because, while bad, they are fun. The new trilogy is just flat and boring from start to finish.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I follow 102 people on twitter and the content is basically endless

I recently pared my follow list down to people I know IRL and a couple of news sites. Makes the experience 100 percent better

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

White people generally dislike real Mexican food, based on how it completely vanishes in white dominated places.

Kinda sucks, I've been told Taco Bell was the authentic Mexican food in a major American city(kansas city, ms, for the record)

As someone who lives in Kansas City: I think this person was loving with you.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

grittyreboot posted:

One time I donated a couple books I enjoyed to the LFL on my street. A few days later I saw someone had dumped mine and everyone else's books on the sidewalk and stuffed it full of different Chicken Soup For The Souls

Better than the one near my home, where someone threw all the books into a lake and stuffed the box full of McDonald's wrappers

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Getting strong "I learned everything I know about history from video games" vibes here

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

GWBBQ posted:

Everything about the American yard is an environmental catastrophe. Grass that might as well be pavement when it comes to watershed, native species clearcut and maybe partially replaced with ornamental, non native plants, with no habitats left for native insects and birds that live there or migrate through.

And then on top of that you have the landscaping equipment.

And in many areas it's actually illegal to let your yard grow wild. I live in a place that used to be beautiful tallgrass prairie and it all got bulldozed for pavement and non native sod. Grass has to be clipped to under a couple inches so you're breaking the law if you want to grow native sweetgrass. It's bonkers

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Crowetron posted:

I don't care if they like what I like. I was born in 1988. I've never lived in a world where people weren't constantly talking about Batman, Spider-Man and Star Wars. I just want a loving break.

And yet you yourself are talking about Batman, Spider-Man, and Star Wars right now. Curious.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Put my ashes in one of those disposable single-use coffee pods

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

"No holds bards" is a new one

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

how about two of the three most popular characters in the entire Pokemon franchise (in Japan)

they're even brothers, goddammit.

I would consider myself somewhat of a Pokemon fan but I have no idea who these dudes are.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I had always assumed Bill Burr was a racist shithead just because of how he presents himself, so maybe he... shouldn't act like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

I don't get it. Why is he gross?

he's got bad vibes and weak rhymes