Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

kinda want to try this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Cool that 3,000 people dying left a deep scar on the American psyche and has allowed Republicans to dominate our government for 20 years, but 1,200,000 deaths would be nbd.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

bulletsponge13 posted:

I never thought I'd say this, but 2020 makes me yearn for the simpler time of 2017.

I read an article that mentioned the "apocalyptic hellscape" we live in now.

The article was written in 2015

1stGear has a new favorite as of 06:53 on May 7, 2020

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Okay I'm actually kinda mad that this didn't go with "Suck my diiiiiiick, I'm a shaaaaark!"

Well, he doesn't need to say the first part now that he's with Constantine.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

I respect him for being upfront.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

T-man posted:

aren't the tesla factories incredibly unsafe because he wanted weirdly painted machinery or whatever? i hope nobody morally allowable gets hurt. (as if he's ever gotten within 6' of machinery more dangerous than an iphone, natch)

Musk personally doesn't like the color yellow or the sound of forklifts backing up.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

poly and open-minded posted:

or that people who are gay still can't donate blood, voluntary or otherwise, even when tested for pathogens

Fixed.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Midnight Voyager posted:

MY AUNT JUST STRAIGHT UP REFERENCED THE RODNEY KING RIOTS IN A WAY THAT MAKES ME THINK SHE'S ON THE POLICE'S SIDE IN THOSE TOO, I AM LOSING MY MIND

PS: I know drat well you bitched about the kneeling protests, don't give me that "these protests are better" poo poo.

Ah yes, that memorable protest on that day where everyone, uh, laid on the ground to protest the, uh, the thing. The thing that they were protesting that one time.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I will laugh myself to death if showing support for BLM is what finally kills Star Citizen.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Tiggum posted:

How do you write that sentence and not immediately go "oh poo poo, I have obviously been scammed and need to cut my losses right now"? Like, you hear about people who spend huge amounts on mobile games or whatever, but it's all in small increments and it never tallies up how much they've spent in total because most of the time when they see the full amount they immediately realise that it's way more than they thought and stop. But this guy? He knows, down to the dollar, how much he's spent on this non-existent video game and he's still all in?

My dude/ette

There are people who are five digits deep.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

RFC2324 posted:

apparently the chuddieness is a result of the no friends, and the lack of friends is because his money has just made him paranoid. He has nothing in common with other rich people, and doesn't trust anyone who isn't rich to not just act like his friend to get to his money

sadly, by becoming so nasty about he, he guaranteed neither thing will ever change

I wonder what its like to become the subject of a cautionary tale about money and happiness.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Wait till they find out about all the statues of Jay-Z we attached to the bottom of the Confederate general statues.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Yo is there a way to make this the background of the thread because I could cut glass right now.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Although I'm sure you could find plenty of people who would argue Cesar Chavez was bad.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The actual fasces doesn't pop up much in American-style fascism. They usually just skip straight to Nazi poo poo or being way into Norse symbols and whatnot.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Mikl posted:

What the hell is this (I assume) dude going on about? I've driven a car literally half my life and the only time I got into an "accident" is when I accidentally steered into a pole while getting out of a tricky parking spot.

He's had a ton of ND's so he's a bad gun owner. But he won't admit he's a bad gun owner because that would be destructive to his ego and might lead him down trains of thought that end at "The 2nd Amendment isn't God's Holy Writ". So instead, he invents a reality where akshually repeatedly murdering his drywall makes him the best gun owner.

"Yes, little Johnny, I accidentally discharged my weapon into your mother's skull. But think how many fewer mental safety blocks she has now."

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
lmao Matty is one of those people who can't survive without dropping hot takes on Twitter. He must have been getting absolutely chaos dunked on.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'm a gay man, so maybe I don't *get* how to really woo the ladies

But I'm starting to think this Roosh guy might not exactly be someone to follow

Hilariously, Roosh is the progenitor of a lot of PUA garbage. When hbomberguy did a video on them, he noted that weirdly, Roosh actually seemed kind of repulsed at the idea of having sex with women, or just sex in general.

What I'm saying is that Roosh is a psychologist's PhD thesis waiting to happen.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Skwirl posted:

I've always been pro abortion because it's how I was raised, but the thing that really drove it home was pointing out that if siblings are in a car accident or whatever and one is fine and the other needs a blood transfusion to live you can't take blood from one to save the other without their permission.

The thought experiment about saving one baby versus thirty fertilized embryos is a good one too.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Taylor Swift can't breathe unless someone is beefing with her, so I'm looking to the upcoming single about how much unnamed '90s bands suck.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
A ton of her singles about her being a put-upon underdog constantly being questioned and judged by society which is pretty lolworthy when you're music royalty who's been one of the most successful female musicians of the past two decades. It's not worth hating, but she has a Brand and that Brand is playing up how much she's feuding with people.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

SiKboy posted:

Sure, and Meatloaf has been singing about been a teenager for more than 40 years now, Johnny Cash never went to prison and I have it on good authority that the cartoons in fact never even spoke to a witch doctor, let alone about their feelings for me. Sometimes people sing about things that are not strictly 100% representative of their own day to day lives.

quote:

but she has a Brand and that Brand is playing up how much she's feuding with people.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

We would like to remind everyone that the Gestapo were real people with real feelings.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Elviscat posted:

Oh no, someone's using the family Atomics!

This viral marketing is getting out of hand.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Hey Len, please provide your standard post about goon opinions on RE7 and The Evil Within.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Len posted:

I knew I forgot one the last few times I brought up bad goon opinions!

I forgot that The Evil Within was a lovely game because of the unkillable ghost that follows you through the entire game clipping through terrain and one hit killing you if it touches you.

Like goddamn clockwork.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Fister Roboto posted:

Fun fact, this was deliberately started by Republicans to try to make people think that Watergate wasn't that big a deal.

I mean, the president literally admitted on national television that he's sabotaging the Postal Service to help win re-election. Breaking into your opponent's headquarters and trying to keep is quiet is just quaint at this point.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Zipperelli. posted:

So this made me :stare: early this am. Red is a local paramedic, has been for a *LONG* time. Blue is a medical doctor and the county medical director for the fire/rescue service. Basically, he's the doctor that writes all the protocols (the stuff that paramedics are allowed to do, ie intubation, medication administration, etc.), runs the training, and is THE doctor that all paramedics and EMT's have to answer to if something happens in the back of the truck and you gently caress up. Lots of times where I'm at, a doctor will be the medical director for multiple agencies and counties; and let me tell you, that doctor always knows their poo poo backwards and forwards. So imagine my surprise when I read this foolishness

Just..... imagine having the loving balls to say that poo poo to someone who could end your entire career with one phone call. :stare: Incredible.

:psyduck:

At the EMS company I work for, we treat the medical directors with more respect than the CEO. How the gently caress did he think this was a good idea.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I strongly doubt that Bill and Hillary have had sex since, uh, January 17th 1998 to pick a random date.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Todd Barker fistpumps to himself. The clatter of the pins is the applause at the end of another perfect game. Todd turns to find General George S. Patton at the scorecard. He puts a final X through the final box with perfect precision. Military precision.

"Todd," The immortal general's voice is raspy, but still clear and strong. "America could use a man like you."

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Jesus Christ that woman writes like garbage. How the gently caress was she a successful journalist?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

A 99-year old veteran who tripped over his best friend's small intestine on Omaha Beach raises a shaky salute, tears welling in his eyes. "Thank you for saving football, sir. God bless you."

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Three tropical storms form and RBG announces the total victory of American fascism all in one day. Folks, 2020 is just getting started.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

gleebster posted:

Three? We're up to Wilfred in the Atlantic. That's 22. I admit I don't pay the attention to the Pacific that it deserves.

You misunderstand. We had three tropical storms form today. And we're not at Willifred anymore. We're at Beta.

Incidentally, the last and only other time we've had a Beta, it formed on October 23rd.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Yeah, Wall Street does pay your 401k. Everyone remembers how in 2008 when Wall Street gambled with everyone else's money and lost, 401ks just kept going up uP UP!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Stay out of politics, leader of the one of the oldest and most widespread political entities in the history of mankind.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

The duration and aftermath of Lincoln's presidency are all compelling arguments for the bullet being stronger than the ballot.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

BioEnchanted posted:

Also if the bride is in on it from the start doesn't it cease to be an upstaging and more just become part of the show?

Yeah, that's kind of the point. The r/relationships thread has a bunch of stories about people trying to spontaneously announce major life events during weddings and it always goes poorly. That .gif is an example of that idea being done properly.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Imagine misreading the industry so hard you don't realize streamers have been the greatest gift to video game marketing ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
no one consents to be born, conception is the ultimate act of violence