Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Data Graham posted:

I saw an ad for Japanese Noh masks on a covid-related site just now

Swing and a miss AI

Listen, we don't know the thing that goes donk *doesn't* keep the virus away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Brawnfire posted:

In their attempts to find the right mixture of herbs, our healers caused fatalities throughout the empire!

Red + green, super simple stuff.

You only need to put a blue in there if you're going to the Scum Basement.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

I went to get flour from the local Democratic stockpile, but it had lesser-of-two weevils in it

Beloved dad movie Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World has taught us we must always choose the lesser of two weevils.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

The free market demands more heated gamer moments.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Why can't the shark be a bottom?

Let him live his truth.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Sea land is a real place and if you go there you need to self-quarantine for 14 days, as is proper in these times.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

What is a moral monster, exactly? Someone so moral it's monstrous?

Like some kind of... good... person?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Doesn't pretty much every car on the road have an effective top speed of 120 because that's when regular use, off the rack tires start exploding?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

4D nonlinear wendigos.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Walton Simons posted:

Maybe it's already been posted, but this steaming pile of horseshit appeared on my feed today, courtesy of a family friend with bad opinions:

Most of it the usual boomer stuff but the mention of the McDonalds Hot Coffee case has me raging, what Stella Liebeck went through was nasty was gently caress and to see it presented is 'she spilled some coffee on her and got lots of money for it, what a world!' has dampened my mood immensely.

To be fair that's a mythology that Mcrognalgs has purposefully woven and kept in the public consciousness so the next time they scald someone so badly their pants melt onto them there won't be as large a payout.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

He made an ey I'm walkin' here joke only with dick.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Apropos of nothing, anyone ever seen a ring with an amber (not setting, that's the wrong word)? That seems like it'd be pretty cool.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Isn’t amber waaay too soft for rings? I think opal is the same way. You’d end up having it be completely destroyed before long.

Perhaps you could put a tiny shield over it, made of a transparent material.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Neat, good to know. I'll do further amber-related inquiries on my own time.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

And they used Cray X-MPs in the book instead of the CM-5 you see in the movie. It had significantly more blinking lights and was thus cooler.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

winterwerefox posted:

"If they wanted to make more money than 2.13 an hour, they would have got a better job!"

My brother who is a stay at home dad while his wife is a cop.

At least he's consistent about wanting that boot on his face.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

This is a bit more of a recent thing in theatre, where the push for blind casting has mixed with less of a focus on total realism and more on talent on stage. They can also use this as an excuse to not put that much money into a realistic set and do more 'emersive' staging. It's really a bunch of buzzwords and chasing trends of whatever the director and producers last saw that was successful.

Sorry, dumb derail. Doesn't matter much anyhow as the only American theatre that will survive Covid are Wicked and a few other Broadway productions. I picked a great dead medium as a career.

We'll always have Ellen's Starlite Diner.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Looks like an otamatone.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Cythereal posted:

Note: Odyssey eventually added DLC that forces your character to fall in love with someone of the opposite sex, get married, and have a baby. And the achievement for doing so was originally titled "Growing Up." Ubisoft's promised 'fix' after the outrage... was to rename the achievement.

So you cannot, in fact, be gay in Odyssey, and I haven't touched the game since that DLC launched.

They also tweaked some dialogue so your character can say "listen you're nice and all but I told you upfront I was only having children so my Prothean bioweapon DNA could keep chugging along." Which is probably a big concern when you are, in fact, a Prothean bioweapon and the only guy who can use the Staff of Plot Significance.

e. Odyssey was fun, and continued the proud Bioware tradition of the VA for the female protagonist being substantially more talented than her male counterpart, even if no one played as them.

Volcott has a new favorite as of 16:37 on Jun 15, 2020

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

I mean, yeah, that's literally it. As someone mentioned earlier, it's one of the pitfalls of having a story that follows 100 generations of the same family. Someone's gotta gently caress, and they couldn't toss it to the antagonist character for reasons.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

They were sufficiently hot, they just weren't necessarily sufficiently alive, depending on player choice. And if you do it before they're given autonomy at the end of the story that opens up another can of worms.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Imagine being this mad you can't explicitly fire someone for being gay.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

What would be the better play here, to have the new product feature a non-stereotypical black woman created by artists of color, or to just go in a completely different direction and have A Farm or something?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Data Graham posted:

I don't know if anything's beating the fact that in Australia, biker gangs are called BIKIE GANGS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihSaGAVHmvw&vl=en

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Some guy was like birds are christian animals, some guy asks what's a nonchristian animal, and he posts a pit bull.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Frankenstein is just Hecatoncheires only you just use a chunk of each of the fifty dudes instead of the whole dude.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

gently caress the cheese you coward.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

I figured it was a PETA thing. "You done killed them crabs, now the virus is inside you."

Like 15 per cent of the crabs they harvest blood from die, and the survivors are p. lethargic for a while after, but before we protected them because of the medical benefits we still caught them, we just mulched them into fertilizer. Capitalism is a land of contrasts.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

The Cooler Riker wouldn't take it laying down, I'll tell you that for free.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

The moon has been psychically dead ever since Neil Armstrong drove a cold iron stake into its moon heart, this is all a distraction to keep us from recognizing the real threat: Jovian lizards.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Apropos of nothing don't google "the last jedi milk comic."

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

Okay. Trump is now king and it's illegal to criticize him. On the plus side the Trump kids will be stabbing each other for the crown.

Ivanka and Jerid try to climb Barron like Shadow of the Colossus.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

PT had to die so we could see the unadulterated, purestrain Genius Kojumbo that is Death Stranding.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Please terminate distribution of this fansub when the idiots on social media thread becomes available in your country.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Did obama get elected in the gay jeri ryan timeline?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

I'm not sure if it's out and out fascist but they do only meet Hitler in the first anime, not the second one that's more like the manga.

Also alchemy may or may not have been powered by the holocaust. I think that happened.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

House Bart was 600 years ago, it should all be free.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Stu that's 144 eggs.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Forbidden vibe technology, intended for use with the Threehole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

All of New Hampshire is yours - except Keene. Attempt no landing there.