Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

TinTower posted:

(Ann is not the idiot.)

https://twitter.com/setoacnna/status/1246127773523103751/photo/1

Orban: *becomes a literal dictator*
Mumsnet: "This is good news."

I had wondered when the TERFs would start supporting Orban. Not a surprise though - the LGB Alliance is also best friends with fascists and nobody thought that was a surprise either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

AlbieQuirky posted:

Well, Charlie, liquor stores are open so that emergency rooms aren’t full of alcoholics in forced detox in the midst of a loving pandemic.

Religion may be the opiate of the masses, but you don’t actually go into withdrawal if you can’t go to church. Watch a service on the TV like a normal person.

I'm confident that he doesn't realise that alcohol withdrawal can be fatal, and suspect that he would tell you that it can't possibly be fatal, since how would you get former alcoholics otherwise, are you saying that everyone who gives up drinking dies? It wouldn't be worth explaining it to him, he would absorb literally none of it.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I remember seeing some thing years ago where a bunch of "men's rights" weirdos were analysing photos of celebrity couples, and the one I remember was one of Mark Zuckerberg and his wife, in which the fact that he was walking slightly behind her and holding a carrier bag proved that he was "whipped". Presumably they would consider this completely different to the way celebrity magazines speculate on a couple's relationship based on the "body language" in a single still photograph - because those are celebrity gossip magazines for girls, while this is Science :pseudo:

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/deanvannguyen/status/1258412519460397057

OP is not the idiot, of course.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Idiot update:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CaseyExplosion/status/1259214711398322184

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I am reminded of when someone online told people that "I bet you're glad your mother was pro-life". No concept of a pro-choice person choosing to carry a pregnancy to term.

Anyway, it's another "all real women agree with me" thing from the TERFs. The status of "real woman" is becoming a smaller and more exclusive club by the day.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

More evidence of the category of "real women" getting smaller and more exclusive each day.

https://mobile.twitter.com/katymontgomerie/status/1267025650868727809

https://mobile.twitter.com/katymontgomerie/status/1267047338075459584

Only the delicate feminine larynx is able to correctly pronounce the asterisks in "f**k"

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I look forward to this internet tough guy showing up to a protest with a stupid weapon and getting immediately bested in a fight with a group of teenagers who take exception to having a stupid weapon waved craply at them. Because that's happened a couple of times now, but if the internet tough guys were able to learn anything from the mistakes of others, they wouldn't be internet tough guys.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

The eyeliner is a very ancient method for protecting the eyes from the glare of the sun. You'll still see American footballers do something similar, because proper sunglasses won't fit under their helmets. So it was for fair health and safety reasons.

Anyway, as I said elsewhere, the white stone façade of the pyramids was all completely torn off over the centuries to make other buildings (I suspect this Continental Telegraph person would be surprised to learn there ever was a white stone façade) and none of the other Seven Wonders are still standing. The Temple of Artemis was destroyed and rebuilt on multiple occasions. History disappears all the time.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Pththya-lyi posted:

Oh great, she's repeating the lie that autistic people are more likely to be trans because we're easily "confused" about our gender identity

you come into MY house

As well as their disdain for trans people (which should go without saying), the TERFs are also very unpleasant, or very patronising, about all neurodivergent people. Either they say "mentally ill" to mean "dangerous, violent and unstable" or they do this obnoxious thing where autistic people are too innocent and childlike to be trusted with making decisions on their own, as seen here. I expect they have similar opinions about the physically disabled too, but I haven't seen them mention that. Anyway, as a mentally ill person who has been told I have "some autistic traits" by a doctor several years ago, I don't feel particularly Validated As A Woman by these TERFs and the horrible creepy men they fawn over.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

A lot of really creepy men are discovering that they can get women online to fawn over them, and to tell them how special and brave they are, just by being an unpleasant transphobe. They don't even have to pretend to be particularly "feminist" about it - some Tory dipshit can make the attack helicopter joke and be praised for "standing up for women's sex-based rights". TERFs are severely poo poo.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

If there's any funny tweets that are good to read, you can be sure they'll turn up in several different SA forums threads almost as soon as they're tweeted.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

TERFs are very often terrible about the mentally ill too. You can see it in the way they use "mentally ill" to mean "violent and dangerous", or the way they say "delusional" as if delusions are something people do on purpose to troll them. I may well have a uterus and a second X chromosome in there (not that I've made a effort to check), but this brand of curtain twitching feminism for nice normal people excludes me anyway.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Looks like they're wearing something else to me.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

That makes a change, usually Trump's critics are "the media elite".

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I'm no expert, but I thought Ramen had noodles in. Where are all the noodles hiding?

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

lobsterminator posted:

This. I make some kind of stew about once a month. It's super easy, but delicious. All you need is time, so it's good weekend food. Now I find out I've been a chud all along :(

You just need to get a nice bracelet to balance it out :)

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Perhaps he thinks he's being sneaky trying to get her to take all her clothes off.

When is Horny Gulag opening?

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

As I'm sure I've said in this thread before, demisexuality is more of a branch off asexuality than a completely separate thing. It doesn't mean "I don't know you very well, so I'm going to wait", it means that, in practical terms, a person who considers themselves demisexual might have only experienced sexual attraction to one person in their whole life. Which isn't the same thing as "I saved myself for The One", because that's about self-control or "morality" or whatever, whereas this is just...not being interested.

Also, you may have met people who were obnoxious attention seekers who called themselves demisexual, but it might be that other people don't want to mention it because everyone will tell them that they just made that up for attention, and nobody cares about their fake problems. I'm asexual myself, but I don't tell people in real life because of the unpleasant reactions I've seen online (not all of them much different from some of the opinions on demisexuality in the last couple of pages).

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

If Sanders had worn a brand new cashmere coat, a silk mask, and kid leather gloves, they'd probably complain about that too.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Obviously, jeremywh0rebyn is not the idiot.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeremywh0rebyn/status/1360263621834596358

I just want to say "eyes up here!" to the transphobes sometimes.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Stroking my womb so hard right now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hotcistakes/status/1367906635658588164

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I think the hearing was actually supposed to be about social media and the rules around it, so they got in two people (him and one Helen Staniland, who I only know from these TERF arguments) who know all about being banned. Turns out neither of them could shut up talking about penises for two seconds together and had to be repeatedly told to stay on topic, and that they weren't getting their Twitter accounts back.

I think Linehan may also have insinuated that the reason he keeps getting banned is that there are a disproportionately high number of trans people working in tech. Like the Jews in banking myth, only this time it's totally for real! :byodood:

Jollity Farm has a new favorite as of 01:53 on Mar 10, 2021

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

It does rather make them look like small children throwing a tantrum because they don't want to brush their teeth before bed. Similarly, the ones refusing to wear masks call to mind a small child throwing a tantrum because they don't want to wear the hat knitted for them by their mad spinster aunt because "it's scritchy" even though it is very cold out and they must wear something. Mind you, when they call masks "fascist", it makes me think of a teenager in a bad mood after their mum told them they can't go to the club on a Thursday.

The grown-ups are in the room. Somewhere.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

When children complain of receiving racist or homophobic abuse, this same person probably says something about how "everyone gets teased sometimes".

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

AlbieQuirky posted:

Not just anti-Zionists, anyone who’s critical of the current government of Israel in any way.

Well, I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that would include a bunch of Israelis. I mean, I'm pretty sure it was Israelis who got rid of Netanyahu after getting sick of his bullshit. I'm not sure if his replacement is any better, but that's always the way. Nobody is going to seriously get me to believe that Israel is the only country in the entire world without corrupt, poo poo-for-brains politicians. Especially not someone who thinks being called "Eve Fartlow" on Twitter is the exact same level of suffering as the pogroms.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Anybody know where to share this so that the dumbass poll gets blown apart like the last one? Only four hours left on it.

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/1487427784179961863?s=20&t=P_DtgfSn7JUxsOULcZoV1g

I've seen people who actually aren't right-wing culture warrior idiots saying that cloth masks are "useless". Of course, those people then go on to say that everyone needs one of those elastomeric respirator things, whereas this Massie person is probably saying "I don't need a mask, I trust my immune system".

(a quick Google suggests that elastomeric respirators are good things for healthcare workers, but not even mentioned in the case of, for example, unemployed shut-ins like me - which is just as well, since I haven't got any money)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I mean, British people are evil, and also hideous :britain: