Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

So they chose a lens suitable to the lighting and subject, and that’s bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
It was a side-joke about extrapolating future fashion trends than didn’t land.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Imagine a feminist video game designer telling you that doxxing databases are a bad idea, and getting so mad you become an anti-life activist.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

During the early days of Gamergate, Candace Owens tried to start Social Autopsy, a website that that would expose bullies by tracking their digital footprints. This was obviously a terrible idea. Gamergate enemy number 1, video game designer Zoe Quinn, contacted her to tell her this, while at the same time online CHUDs started harassing Owens. Because Candace Owens is a normal person with normal perceptions of the world, she thought Zoe Quinn was sending the harassers after her. The CHUDS took advantage of her confusion to "red pill" her into the belief that Gamergate was orchestrated by Quinn for attention.

And now she's known for saying Hitler wanted to "make Germany great again" and downplaying concerns of mass death during a global pandemic.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

We probably loving should have!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

StillFullyTerrible posted:

TLOU2 is really really not an SJW game by any metric is the baffling thing about these guys

it's basically an endless parade of sadness and misery, and that was just the dev cycle, let alone the plot :v:

They believe really weird things about the left and are incredibly lazy and incurious about it. There was recently a short-lived talking point that the reason why all the lefties were posting about Animal Crossing so much was that Tom Nook is saying all this woke stuff now, which... what? A cursory glimpse would reveal a bunch of jokes about him being a predatory capitalist, but no they think people like him for being woke.

When you think everything to the left of Pinochet is a hardcore communist, you insist that random celebrities are our thought leaders and that we're super owned if they do something dumb.

They think we like Rahm Emanuel. Imagine if we kept trying to own Trump supporters by telling them how dumb their favorite guy, Jeb Bush, looks.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 07:07 on Jun 19, 2020

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
https://twitter.com/DeAnna4Congress/status/1274522762502160386

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Wendell posted:

I read a few chapters of Bridget Jones’s Diary once and learned that all British slang is baby talk.

There was a show, Peaky Blinders, based on a real early 20th century street gang with the same name. They were named for the razor blades they concealed in their hat brims.

How the gently caress are you going around trying to be an intimidating gang and calling yourself the “Peaky Blinders?!” “Oi mate, you better watch out for my peakies! My peakies is really dangerous, they is!” gently caress off, how did you people make an globe-spanning empire?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Babylon Bee used to have pretty good and insightful ribs on American evangelical culture every so often, and has since devolved into boring conservative circle-jerking. Now here they are explaining their dumb joke at us:
https://twitter.com/TheBabylonBee/status/1274119790810943488

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

OwlFancier posted:

I think himbo is "hunky and dim, but nice"

While bimbos can run a spectrum of being nice to mean, himbos are exclusively nice and earnest. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone call a dumb, popular jock bully a himbo.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

FirstAidKite posted:

Is there a "heartwarming people on social media" thread or are any social media screenshots pretty much just relegated to here?

There's the Post Good Tweets thread. There aren't any rules against screenshots from non-Twitter social media as far as I can tell.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Brawnfire posted:

Well I knew my mom was a Trumper but tonight's conversation was the first time I've seen inklings of sympathy for Q Anon.

I sort of raked her over the coals for it and she claimed she didn't care one way other another, was just "mentioning things she'd seen" but I was listening, she was definitely like "some of the times celebrities say 'pizza' just makes no sense..." and I just

I just don't know what to do

And the thing I hate is I can't tell her she's wrong about powerful people sex trafficking, but I have to somehow try to make her realize that being Encyclopedia Brown about covert Twitter posts is a gateway to insanity, not finding windows into a twisted underground.

What do these "suspicious" mentions of pizza that "makes no sense" even look like?

On a whim, I just did a couple quick searches to see if QAnon had any fun theories about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and their famous love of pizza, and didn't find anything. C'mon QAnon, step your game up.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I was watched a couple of recent videos from lefty youtubers where they brought up some right wing shithead counterpart and briefly mentioned how the latter has many more followers. It reminded me that no matter how stupid they are, they still have a lot of influence.

So we are all laughing at Ian Miles Cheong, and I never see him unless he’s being dunked on, but does he have a big following outside of our bubble?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
https://twitter.com/ChloeTeboe/status/1286232536176308225

This “pick-me-up” would be loving bleak enough if we weren’t in the middle of a lethal pandemic.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 00:16 on Jul 24, 2020

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Look closer.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Has Ben Shapiro ever said anything positive about a white rock star with saucy/graphic/statutory rape-y lyrics? A lot of these young reactionaries flip-flop between everything-is-permissible edgelord and prude, but Ben seems pretty into the idea that only classical music can be good.

Speaking of types of songs that definitely didn’t exist until now, the year 2020, I recently saw a screencapped tweet that I’m not going to look for by Paul Joseph Watson pearl-clutching about “depressing songs” getting people to commit suicide.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
When Q people saw the phrase “Baby Nut,” they immediately assumed it was the Hollywood Satanopedophile cabal flaunting their depravity.

That was one of those moments where I thought, “Yeah, you guys are basically right.”

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Many people remember tumultuous times as simple and carfeee for the simple reason that during those times they were children who weren’t paying attention. You get this a lot with the 50s. Here’s an updated version of that:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mustachetoilet/status/1294158048160657408

Young reactionaries think political disagreement was invented by feminists in 2013 when they put the first ever girl characters into video games.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Hollandia posted:

Which site? Lancer?
This guys art fuckin owns btw.

I’m guessing Kill Six Billion Demons as well. The comic is currently expressing pro-trans themes, and we all know how idiots get riled up about that.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
QAnon has been spreading like wildfire around the Internet, but the idea of it spreading on LinkedIn feels like a joke somehow.
https://twitter.com/btdecker/status/1299451369296887809

Somewhere in that thread, there’s a grab of someone listing their occupation as “Q Researcher/Autist.” They use autist as a self-deprecating term of endearment picked up from edgy channers, but at least some of them think it’s an accepted term outside of their weird circle. I’ve seen another Q graphic declare “We are autists” in an otherwise straightforward explainer.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 23:37 on Aug 28, 2020

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
There is a possibility that Herman Cain gave permission to these people to keep using his name, after willingly trading an easy retirement and the opportunity and play with his grandchildren for dying to own the libs by listening to a sundowning Nazi clown rapist brag about his ramp-climbing and water-drinking abilities.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Gross Dude posted:

Or the George Floyd hoax? He didn't die? He had past convictions so it didn't matter that he died? He had a fake twenty so it didn't matter that he died?

Previous posters have mentioned that the "mainstream" shitheads now blame George Floyd's death on drugs and/or say that he was "no angel," but it should be mentioned that Q people think that everyone in the video is a crisis actor, and that the cabal hired Ben Bailey of Ca$h Cab to play one of the cops.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Didn’t we use to like Krugman back in the Obama years because he didn’t suffer Republican bullshit and recognized that the stimulus was insufficient and helped only the rich?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Captain Monkey posted:

Anyone complaining about modern sex songs should go read the Song of Solomon.

*Ben Shapiro voice* “‘Your breasts are like twin gazelles?’ What does that mean? Ah, if they were like twin gazelles, that would, logically mean, ah, they come come off and run around. I asked my wife, who is a doctor, and she said that that happening would be extremely painful, and would likely result in massive bleeding.”

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
This is the new thing the right is obsessing over: https://mobile.twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1309191602380976128

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I got a Trump ad on the top of the YouTube home page warning that Biden and Harris are going to “cancel” you.

It’s awesome that in a historic pandemic and economic crisis, the campaign of the party in power is based on their social media posts not getting enough likes.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 16:25 on Oct 12, 2020

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

1stGear posted:

Imagine misreading the industry so hard you don't realize streamers have been the greatest gift to video game marketing ever.

I was really surprised to learn Among Us came out in 2018. I also heard World of Warcraft: BFA saw a huge boost in subscribers coinciding with people streaming mythic raid races.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Public posts

I see Cathy's (and pretty much everyone commenting on newsradio fb posts) brainworms are hatching nicely.

Dying from being unable to breathe while wearing a mask at the gym.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

hyperhazard posted:

I want to know how he thinks it backfired in 2018. Dems did great in the midterm election.

They did pretty good, but IIRC Republicans were more fired up than the president's party usually is during midterms, certainly more than Democrats during Obama. Republicans were pretty fired up about Rapey Brett's "mistreatment." Of course, there's no way to tell which anecdotes of people being radicalized by that were lies.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
People have been describing any blatant Trump falsehood as gaslighting for years now. Here’s a comic about it from two years ago:
https://mobile.twitter.com/rubenbolling/status/1055382205025918976?lang=en

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
https://twitter.com/JoeBrunoWSOC9/status/1322182676682625024

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

xtal posted:

The entire story is a trans allegory and there's a trans flag at the end, kind of funny

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Doraemon is a character with a long history, but he’s not Mickey Mouse.

Also even among Disney fanatics, how many people have emotional investment in Mickey himself?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Occasionally I have the thought that black holes of charisma like Charlie Kirk or Ian Miles Cheong have fans, and I get deeply disquieted.

Not just Twitter follow-backs and patronage from right wing sugar daddies who feel the need to boost them into the spotlight as an alternative to supposed left wing college indoctrination, actual fans! There are not just a few, but thousands of Ian Miles Cheong fans out there! What the gently caress?!

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 04:21 on Nov 18, 2020

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
As the anemic pre-election push to get people to adopt Parler was winding down, I saw someone point out that non of the big-names pushing people to go to Parler actually used it, they all just used Twitter.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1329878933043515392

Did we ever end up getting any of that Bloomberg money he promised?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Last year, sometime before Covid at least, I saw a post about a Dress Barn going out of business, which was blamed in a comment below on lazy millennials being triggered by barns.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

lobsterminator posted:

Most of these popular streamers give of a repulsive aura just from the way they speak. They have the same sort of undeserved smugness inflection. Even if they didn't act like idiots you can spot the idiocy right away. It's strange they are so popular.

I was watching a lefty YouTuber doing a response to a video by the Quartering, and I was struck how vastly ahead the latter was in terms of subscribers. I’m not saying that lefty YouTube is necessarily great and how dare anyone enjoy something else, I’m amazed that “something else” is by a huge margin some disgusting schlub ranting about the Jewish conspiracy to infect their video games and cartoons with girl cooties.

I think just pumping out consistently matters far more than being “good,” and freeing oneself from the obligation to be polished, well thought out, or not-evil makes pumping poo poo out easier.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 17:41 on Dec 9, 2020

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
So basically Dark Buddhism is prevailing religious philosophy from Kill Six Billion Demons, but uncool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I've heard New Atheists are starting to become Trad-Caths because it allows them new, exciting ways to be shitheads, and wow:

https://twitter.com/RichardDawkins/status/1341801500583088128