Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

RatHat posted:

I think it's a quote from the documentary someone posted above.

EDIT: Duck ramp is actually adorable

https://twitter.com/uscapitol/status/864564252702650370?s=20

I never thought I'd say this, but 2020 makes me yearn for the simpler time of 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

The SS runes were also adopted in the 80s- when open white supremacist were serving heavily in combat units- one SF unit was responsible for supplying LAW rocket launchers and claymore mines

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I didn't know people played AC for the story after 2.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

If it's not real, why am I dressed like this?

Checkmate, atheist.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Accent chat-
The fact that Scottish Twitter write phonetically is extremely helpful.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

♪shut your loving face, uncle cucker♫

:argh: :golfclap:

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I've always tried to sneeze as quiet as possible pretty much my entire life, and been mocked for sounding like Chimpmunk.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I routinely get Twitter time outs.

E-mostly for telling people they disappoint their parents.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Aramoro posted:

The Late Victorian holocausts accounts for some 60 Million people and are large enacted by inaction rather an conscious effort. The Holocaust killed 17 million people, and generally actively killed them. Not sure who you're counting in the late Victorian holocausts to get them up to 1.7+ billion people mind you.

Disagree, unless by inaction you mean 'deliberate inaction'. The Brits were bug fans of "let's do nothing, and if that ethnic group dies off, it's better for the Empire anyway", and they weren't the only one.

Yamato chat- I recently learned of the Battle of Sumar/ Taffy 3 engagement, where the Yamato ran away from a hosed up destroyer with 19 holes in it. Why? Because only insane people, assholes, or people with a lot of friends have those kinds of balls. I also love the Japanese for building what amounts to a Super Saiyan Dreadnaught way too late to be of any use, and then their genius plan is "run it aground and make it a fort".

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I remember my Anthro Professor talking about how 80% of red berries are poisonous, and that the only way we know "These are cool, those will kill" was someone had to eat that poo poo, and pass that down.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Inceltown posted:

There are ways to test if food is edible other than just eating a huge chunk of it and saying to your friend "try this, it's great".

For instance the first test you should do with unfamiliar plants you're trying to eat is rub a bit of the food on your inner wrist / elbow to see if you get a reaction. This is also only valid for the particular part of the plant you're trying to eat and needs to be repeated for each different part. Just because the leaves don't cause a reaction doesn't mean the roots or fruits are safe to eat.

Yeah, I was trained in that. But given how people are, I'd bet most ate it. Lol

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

That was something I learned the hard way.
I was playing in the yard unsupervised as a 3yo, and ate a bunch growing in our yard.

Yeah, highly toxic. Had my stomach pumped.
I don't remember that- I remember being confused as why my Mom was yelling. We ate mushrooms all the time!

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'm an EDC dork. We got in those bracelets at work, so we got to play with them a bunch.

It is a lovely solution to a simple problem. It snags, is unwieldy, and you aren't able to get a decent grip to get decent torque/pressure on your work piece. It's also like twice the price of a Leatherman Wave, which is a fantastic, well rounded tool.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I grew up poor. We had appliances, sure.

But no power to use them.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Ladies🥰 just because hot 🌶 🐪🥵 👧girl👧 🍻summer 🍻🌞 is over 🌄 doesn’t 😏mean😘 you 😊 have to stop🛑🚏 being🍯 a hot🥵🥵 girl💁, it’s 🍑THOTUM🍆. Go 🉐get your rear end🍑 are 👉 in a pumpkin🎃 patch. Sprinkle💦💦 pumpkin 🎃🎃 spice 🌶️seasoning❄️ on🔛 your tiddies🥛. Send spooky👹☠️ nudes. Ghost 👻 him💦💦

:golfclap:

:glomp: I rarely enjoy these, but I honestly love the gimmick. This one though had me laughing.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Annabel Pee posted:

Not sure if Idiots on Social Media, but need to post it somewhere. I sell art on eBay and got this message after I refused to give the guy any free stuff:

Message Back

"Do you also have an Uncle who works at Nintendo?" And nothing else.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Recruiters are literally paid to lie. Their entire career for that duty assignment is based on making numbers, how they get them is less important.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I won't judge someone for joining the military, but as a Combat Vet, I will discourage it. For some, that's the only real option.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Maybe I'm just "that guy", but it seems like all those assholes CHOOSE to live their lives partially in that manner; they get to take a shower; they get to have a solid home and access to electricity. As someone who grew up without unfettered access to that stuff, eat farts and poo poo poo, assholes. It sucks to live needlessly hard. Making things harder than they need to for your ego is gross.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

10 lions vs 30-50 feral hogs.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I remember my first time getting really arrested- I'd been in cuffs before, and after, but this was the only time I was run in- I was terrified. I knew enough about jail from watching docs and reading memoirs to not fall for obvious poo poo, but I'd never been inside. It sounds absurd, but I just fell back on what little training and a lot of reading I'd done on being a POW. Made me relax a little. But poo poo, it's scary- and I think the only tine I was REALLY on edge was at the Courthouse holding cell (where I was arrested, you get taken to the local station, then to the Courthouse for bail hearing, then to county), which was the single most disgusting room I've ever been in.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

christmas boots posted:

We can either take the foreskins or we can teach men to wash their penises. One of these fights is winnable.

You can’t wash my penis, it’s never been washed, it won’t respond well to soap and water, it’s very well seasoned, like a cast iron pan, if anything you just put a moist towel on it and hit it with a lot of sand.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

oldpainless posted:

Agreed. Observe and report is criminally underrated

It got painted with the Blart Brush because of its release date. Fantastic dark comedy. For me it falls into the same category as "Death To Smoochie"- a film misrepresented in ads, and never given it's do. It's completely just over the top hosed up. It's wonderful.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Sea Shanties are just marching cadences for sodomists.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

sugar mouse posted:

The cost of living in Australia is actually pretty high. I lived there about a decade ago doing basic jobs on farms and despite the minimum wage being pretty good, it didn't go far.

Unless you spent it all on goon and noodles.

What the poo poo is Goon?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Inceltown posted:

One of the key ingredients in Goon of Fortune

That looks fun as poo poo.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

From what I understand of it, Finland allied with the Nazis to gain back the territory taken by the Soviets during the Winter War and largely refused to participate in operations that went past the pre-Soviet invasion. The Finns don't really consider the Winter War over, which is why they call it the Continuation War.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I got out of most group projects by going to the teacher, and telling them flat out that I don't want to bring everyone else's grades down.

"If you put me in the group, I won't do my share. I just won't. And that is unfair. Either allow me to do it alone, or give me a zero"

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

The real Soup Crime is PA and their bullshit "pot pie".

It's not pot pie you loving weirdos. It's Chicken Noodle Soup.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Lanky_Nibz posted:

Christ what a douche. "Returned to wrestling websites"? Getting back into AEW and hanging with the chilliest goons in the wrestling thread have been one of the only up points of the pandemic.

For that matter even AEW Twitter is pretty ok (for the most part).

Does SA have a general wrestling thread? Or someplace to ask dumb questions about opinions?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

hyperhazard posted:

That and the Gene Wilder Willy Wonka. Both had big-name celebrities and were dirt cheap to license because they were box office duds.

Probably why movies like Proof of Life and 50 First Dates were always on when I had cable. (I also remember seeing the last half hour of Fight Club probably a dozen times before I decided to actually sit down and watch the whole thing.)

Proof of Life is a fantastic fun movie.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

If Frisco isn't correct, explain this-

https://youtu.be/p7C0arR310g

Check Mate, Athetits.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I was always taught the responsible one eats last- if there isn't enough, or someone eats all the good stuff, suck it up. It's your role to see they are cared for first.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I am incredibly thankful that while most of my childhood was hosed up and backwards, I was never taught all that weird masculinity poo poo like that.

Though, I did have to call the cops when my parents got into it when my Mom refused to make a bologna sandwich after a 24 shift at the factory, so my views on dinner might be hosed up.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Guys, just because he has a Super Swastika and 'Blood and Honor' tattooed means he's a Nazi. You all always jump to conclusions.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Cardiovorax posted:

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself. I really don't understand why there are even still celebrities dumb enough to do this. Do they get off on going commando in public? Did they have a quickie in the limousine and didn't want to walk around in wet panties all day long? It's kind of a mystery to me.

I bet you have a some real dumb commentary on WAP.

Grow up, weirdo.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'd like to raise a point made previous to the U debate.

America HAS NEVER invaded another country.

We were invited by the military junta, or were exporting democracy.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Skwirl posted:

1) the only reason British people are still talking and writing in Enlgish is because of us
2)We absolutely invaded Germany and Italy, because if we hadn't these dumb rear end Brits wouldn't even know how to type in English because they'd be speaking German.

We exported democracy to the Third Reich.

Democracy, and shrapnel.

E- I'm obviously being cheeky.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Old School Loveline was awesome. It was the best sex education available when I was a kid, and was also felt like this cool underground thing to listen to on the local "alternative" station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

snergle posted:

nothing beats those grahmn cookie things that you give teething babies. sometimes ill buy a box and just chew them

:hfive:Teething Biscuits are a solid cookie choice .