Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
HPL's early life and family were extremely hosed up and he was scared of super weird things, and afraid of going crazy like both his parents. He admitted a bunch of his stories that were about someone discovering their hosed ip family history only to degenerate to the same level were based on his fear of being like his asylum-bound parents. I imagine those other factors compounded normal old timey racism into whatever weird breed of superracism he had. He also seemed to think hillbillies were subhuman, but Im not sure I can disagree with that.

Oh also his wife couldn't get him to gently caress her, he thought men were only horny till like age 19 and by the time his wife was randy he'd aged out of it.

He was profoundly fuckin weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Even as a kid I basically ignored the existence of the last couple books. I loved the first 4? 5? of them but after that they are absolute loving garbage, ESPECIALLY snape's "redemption"

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

bony tony posted:

dye cis cum

That would be a good way to identify them

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Elysiume posted:

If you're at the cum phase, you're already in pretty deep

e: or not, no judgment

We must do handshakes way differently

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Ok but explain this: If there aren't children in those cabinets, then why do they cost as much as a car?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
If you have big and/or saggy tits bras are 100% necessary to do daily activities comfortably. Running down stairs or exercising sucks without your boulders strapped down.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Just for her im going to cut the nip area out of my bras

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I used to joke about vegans not taking meds if they had a tapeworm but I've been humbled

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

PurpleXVI posted:

I also honestly thought bras were functional wear most of the time, to prevent medium-to-large breasts from being uncomfortable to carry around while doing anything physically exerting. Like isn't that the entire point of a sports bra?

Yes! The bigger the tit the more support it needs. Its part of my theory as to why you can easily find small bras in a rainbow of colors, styles, and frills while its hard to find a big bra that isn't white, beige, or black and entirely utilitarian in design. They aren't for show, they're performing an important duty.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Bonster posted:

Yep. If you're larger on top, the only time you can comfortably go without is when you're lounging and doing nothing around the house. It can get painful without one, and forget exercise. I fully agree with your theory about pretty vs functional. The bigger the cup, the more it looks like an engineering project.

It hosed me up as a teen a little cause my mom would shop at victorias secret and get pretty stuff and I'd get fitted and they straight up told me they didnt have bras in my size so I had to go get some construction equipment looking poo poo at walmart

More on topic:

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Even then, underboob sweat :( BTW, Victoria's Secret not having larger sizes is a deliberate marketing plan, because they don't want people to shop there who aren't "their customer".

There are now a lot of zazzy brands that have colorful bras for bigger cup sizes. https://us.brastop.com/ https://www.bravissimo.com

As soon as this pandemic is over I'm putting on my rude fish shirt and taking my fat rear end and tits to take pics in VS and tweet them at the brand

Thanks for the links btw

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I just dont wear my glasses with the mask on and make my roomates tell me what signs say

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Pinus Porcus posted:

This seems like a bad plan if you are driving.

who wears a mask driving??

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Pinus Porcus posted:

I do; I have co-worker passengers relatively regularly.

Oh yeah thats fair

I also like masks because i can be way more lazy about shaving off my pcos beard

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
yo wassup

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
People publically treating dolls as if they were living creatures transcends boundaries of race and creed. Facebook is a buffet of social curses, you dont always have to eat from the racism trough

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Maybe she's worried they're using being close to her as a "test" to see if they really want to transition too. The date more like more like "do i want to be her" rather than "do I want to be WITH her". Its good for them to figure that out but would still kinda suck for her.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/TheSTMagazine/status/1298319300726591490?s=20

I've seen versions of this story before and for some reason there's never the opposite version of this story. "Go ahead, shag a communist, you might learn something"

Because (most)commies and gays aren't repulsive bigots that need to resort to begging for a crumb of coochie

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
If you bend any part of your body that forms a triangle and you are therefore gay (triangle is the gay shape)

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Inceltown posted:

The USA hasn't outlawed slavery all it did was mean that a fig leaf of 'justice' had to be held up to get people picking cotton.

Hm, I'm sure this has no correlation to the disproportionate incarceration of minorities

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

PhazonLink posted:

i never read foraging guides about berries or other plants, but all the mushroom foraging ones also preface themselves with "yo find an expert or else."

Berries and other plants are a lot easier and more reliable to identify than mushrooms

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
None of those are even Pern accurate, they dont have forked tails (that they poo poo through)

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I'm half mexican but for some reason all my dads melanin skipped me and went to my brother so I've always been in a confused position as far as to what I "am". No doubt that I'm my dad's daughter, my bone structure/facial features are 100% his, but being a weird mutt in a country so obsessed with race is a strange experience. I always have this weird feeling like i need to categorize myself, but in a way other people will accept? Saying I'm white feels weird because I'm like a recolor of my dad, but i have pale skin and auburn hair so idk. Being american is weird.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Desert Bus posted:

You've been here for 10 years, you're now more Goon than anything else. I'm sorry.

No no, that's a definite answer, Ill take it. Better than just answering "im gay"

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Carolla is a dumb bitch but lets all be honest here, stew in almost all forms is delicious and generally very easy to make. We should all be eating stew, chowder, and idk...curry is basically spicy stew, toss that one on too. The easiest way for a lazy cook to make something delish.

Is there an italian version of plastic paddies? I feel like American "italians" are like 500x more annoying about their poo poo. My favorite thing is when they do those DNA tests and find out they're not italian at all

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

lobsterminator posted:

This. I make some kind of stew about once a month. It's super easy, but delicious. All you need is time, so it's good weekend food. Now I find out I've been a chud all along :(

Hell yeah about barley but hey dudes, we dont have to let chuds have our stew, chuds don't even cook it for themselves, they just want their mommies or girlfriends to serve it to them

I also want my mommy to make me stew but that's because i love her and haven't seen her much since the plague :smith:

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

letthereberock posted:

Italian American culture is such a weird distinct thing that’s so separate from actual Italian culture that I don’t want to call it plastic. It gets satirized in an exaggerated way in things like Jersey Shore, but it really is it’s own thing. So much so, that you’ll find a lot of people who operate fully within the Italian American culture who aren’t actually Italian by blood. It’s not unusual to meet someone who seems to check off all of the Italian-American stereotypes but is actually of Puerto Rican or Colombian background. It’s not necessarily that they falsely believe themselves to be Italian, that’s just the culture they feel comfortable in.

Ok but they absolutely refuse to shut the gently caress up about how they're "italian" and all the various things that implies, and they always had "family in the mob" or "connections"

They're like what olive garden is to italian food, but they make it their whole personality

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Splicer posted:

My only problem with stew is I always end up making twice as much as I intended. Which is less of a problem and more of an opportunity.

Does NOT sound like a problem

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Dewgy posted:

I went to a sandwich shop where they did this on the menu (specifically “mutz”), I asked to clarify, the dude got mad at me over it, and the sandwich sucked.

And now they’re closed. End. No moral!

I think there is a moral

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

You all sure Man Show guy didn't just pick random words to get the sjw's up in arms and discuss him for pages?

More american men now *spins giant wheel* WASH THEIR rear end than *spins again* SMOKE CIGARETTES

and that's TERRIBLE

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Didnt mean to step on dril's toes :ohdear:

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Link bracelets and snake chains always tear out my hair like its their job

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Yeah he was a guy who pioneered electroshock therapy to "cure" gays iirc, very charming name for her to pick

e: I was riiiight. Goddamn shes venomous.

Bismuth has a new favorite as of 16:17 on Sep 13, 2020

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
As a kid i would read the first 3 HP books over and over, then I'd kind of slow down on goblet of fire and order of the penis, struggled my way through halfblood prince, and straight up couldnt finish deathly hallows. The more popular they got the worse the writing was. As a kid I didnt understand what was going on but i realized later that the more popular she got the less editing was happening, after all she was the genius author behind the first half of the books, so why not let her bloat them to 3x the length and make them impossible to read. Its sorta like george lucas, and many others.

Look how easy it is to see where the quality took a nosedive

Shes a poo poo writer who can only make something entertaining (to children) with heavy editing, poo poo the editors should have her millions, shed be nowhere without them

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Mak0rz posted:

Ah it was water book 3, not 4. My mistake!

I didn't realize the first editorless book was more than double the length of the one before it. drat

I fuckin know right. Imagine being a little gradeschooler who likes reading the first 3 books then that loving brick comes out, God. I think having something in common with other kids at school is the only thing that kept me struggling through those books as long as I did

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Dewgy posted:

Nah, Deathly Hallows was longer than that chart says. My copy ends on page 759.

That's for the uk editions, the us editions have different (longer?)page counts, but i figured as long as all the books were of the same edition it got the point across (that jkr is and always has been a hack)

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

The guy on the right looks like CGI

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I ran the largest Harry Potter roleplay group on Deviantart after highschool, like literally the biggest one there WAS on that site, the founders were two lesbians and a trans man, and a lot of our members were young queer people

It hits different when you read it as an adult vs reading it as a 6-10 year old outcast/minority, you want to be harry and get delivered out of your closet into a magical world. It really made it hard to accept who JKR was, and it doesnt surprise me that her being this way has broken a lot of people's brains, either through trying to rationalize her behavior or the sadness of having something you love twisted against you like that.

It genuinely depresses me what shes done to that part of my childhood, and I cant revisit that media and enjoy it like I used to without her shadow looming over every aspect of it. I loving hate her so much that every tweet and comment ripping into her makes me happy.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

grittyreboot posted:

The devs for the upcoming Harry Potter video game are using the fact that she's not involved as a selling point https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/...From%20%251%24s

GOOD

I dont love the language in this article though

"Some Harry Potter Game Developers Rattled by J.K. Rowling Backlash"

"The studio’s management has not addressed recent comments from the author J.K. Rowling that were widely viewed as transphobic"

quit being wishy-washy, its not the backlash that upsets people, and her statements arent 'widely viewed' as transphobic. Its her venomous bullshit that is making people reel back and her statements are clearly, blatantly, and unapologetically transphobic. Geeet hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Ambitious Spider posted:

I’ve only ever read the first. Love it and Ursula k leguin in general but never made it to the rest.

Also cat wings is an adorable children’s series about kittens with wings

Holy poo poo i was obsessed with this as a small child