Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Shapiro's relationship with his wife is increasingly looking like it has other dudes in it.

And being so open minded makes him a bigger man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

OwlFancier posted:

Metaphorically.

This is his increased size, Owl. We are living in the Big Shapiro timeline.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

So like, what happens during your draw phase if you have no cards left but that card in play?

Game continues.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

OwlFancier posted:

Unlicensed time travel is definitely against the regs, it's true.

It will have been against the regs until it wasn't.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Adams remains one of the stupidest human beings on the entire planet bar none

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Unkempt posted:

I'm not sure 'Lord Shepherd Tulips d'Medici' is being entirely serious.

Not entirely serious and seeing how far they can get before they have to claim it was all a ruse are the same thing. Also that's exactly the sort of oversalted larper bullshit title I'd expect from a raw meat dingus.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

OwlFancier posted:

It wasn't initially a cheeseburger.

Are you suggesting some sort of curdling process took place

Or is this yet another "technically it's a smegmaburger" rant from ol' OwlFancier

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Captain Monkey posted:

The kind of person with the social skills to think to ask the bride and groom in advance also likely has the social skills to know their girlfriend is gonna say yes. It’s not like it’s some big mystery how the other person feels, and if you’re a reasonable human being you’ve likely discussed the future and stuff. I don’t think many people actually get rejected proposals.

If they do, it's because they thought that the surprise was the proposal itself, rather than the timing / situation

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mak0rz posted:

:lol:

"Where did I get these numbers? It's simple! I completely made them up!"

It reminds me of a thing on social media saying that we should put in a UBI and pay for it with an increase to the sales tax, which they backed up saying that it would be best way to pay for it for almost everybody, compared to other approaches that only target the wealthy! See, here's the math!

The math included an increase to the UBI payment by an arbitrary amount that covered the increase in sales tax.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

UBI without a progressive income tax/wealth tax only creates more concentration of wealth at the top

I told them the same thing and they accused me of being paid to criticise them.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

Why, dear God why do libs post poo poo like this.

https://twitter.com/seltbram/status/1324772427239321601?s=20

Yeah that's a post you make when you absolutely know how The Sex Having works

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

What the gently caress, Alton

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Antigravitas posted:

:lmao:

I originally saw the headline on The Guardian's site and thought :jerkbag: and skipped it.

Amazing.

I do not expect headlines to be literal these days

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

OwlFancier posted:

Congrats on being the only person outside my immediate family to ever use this phrase that I have heard, glad to know it exists elsewhere :v:

He's the guy Charlie Brooker is always describing when he goes for self deprecation

"face like a clown mask stretched over a dented hubcap"

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
Turns out none of those sites, Twitter included, make actual money and the folks starting them do not know that

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

Oh, they just announced a new book from him (well most likely ghost written by is daughter who poisoned him, them took him to a secretive hospital in Russia then gave him COVID)

That's why people are talking about him.

You forgot the permanent brain damage.

Turns our all his stuff about women being chaos was just trying to warn people about his daughter lol

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

The Moon Monster posted:

On the other hand it sounds like the effect in Cyberpunk is extremely close to/possibly modeled off a device designed with the sole purpose of inducing seizures which probably isn't the case with Free Willy.

Yeah, it seems like they did precisely enough research to get to the part where they had a model for a cool medical-looking helmet and then stopped there, right before the bit where the article explained what it was used for.

It's not the players that matter for this poo poo, by the way- it's the loving streamers and, more importantly, stream viewers who tune in after the big fat epilepsy warnings. And for folks who will respond to this with some variant of "gently caress stream viewers," maybe reserve that sentiment for a situation where they're not fourteen-year-olds actually risking death because they tuned in to watch their favourite shouty man play a video game.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
"My fabrege artistic vision!" I scream as I throw myself on the keyboard of the lead dev to prevent him from putting in a "fade through black instead" option.

Also the main reason people are noticing this is that this was apparently worth death-marching their developers for.

Somfin has a new favorite as of 21:54 on Dec 8, 2020

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Byzantine posted:

my god, it's full of stars

Settle down Bilquis

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Doubling down on "I hope he gets raped" as an apology, loving hell

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

Ehh, prison rape jokes are terrible, but I really can't muster any outrage over someone wanting really loving bad things to happen to Trump.

I'm not outraged at her or about her wanting "bad things to happen to Trump," I'm outraged about the systematic problem that the joke relies on: the belief that prisoners deserve to get raped, the understanding that prison exists as a way to make your enemies suffer rape, and the response to jokes about one's enemies being raped in prison consistently being an apology only, and exclusively, for the implication of homophobia.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
If you're playing on a lower end system that might have been one of the things they hacked out to save frames

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Goddamn, anime avatar rule don't miss

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Sunswipe posted:

Why is it always feet?

Technically not a sexual body part => far more brazen and public about it

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
The only difference between bean dad and someone ignoring their daughter to play WoW is the technology level involved

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

187 is an extremely obviously fake iq score

It's not even a high score compared to what most members of LessWrong would unironically claim

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Talking about the "bewbs" of an underage girl: solid way to show that the folks you're talking about are the weird ones

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Vib Rib posted:

My understanding is he thought if he doubled resources or whatever then people would just overpopulate again to reach that new threshold and blow right past it. No reasoning was ever given for why this wouldn't happen when halving the population and creating the same exact relative numbers wouldn't produce that same result. Also no explanation why he couldn't make some infinite energy source or technology.

Mine was far simpler-he's a dumbass who figured he had a solution, got rebuked because his solution was insane and stupid, and decided to force his obviously wrong answer through anyway. He could have actually fixed everything but he was too proud to admit his first idea was wrong.

It's not super supported by the text, but the text was too cowardly to have anyone try to talk him out of his plan anyway.

E: beaten but not broken

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Please, what woman wouldn't be impressed by you showing up at her job and suddenly dumping billions of tasks on her?

More like performing a hostile takeover of multiple chocolate companies and diverting their entire combined output directly onto her desk. And the reason you did it is because she posted on Facebook that she liked chocolate. And you used the money she gave you in the divorce to do it. Also you make it super clear that it was you, a guy she had an existential restraining order against, who did it. And you had to beat up her dad, grandpa, and older brother to manage the task.

That motivation is so much more powerful because it is obviously flawed and also obviously illogical-you can't be logiced out of it because you didn't logic into it, it's just a very human combination of pain and horny driving you, and a beatdown is probably the only way out of it.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
For some context:

https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1357077752604725248

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

Like, completely off topic, but is there a video game that you think has a good political message?

Disco Elysium

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
Bioshock Infinite is mostly about how actual time travellers will immediately become completely inhuman deities in pursuit of their alien and self-contradictory goals, but all of that is going on in the background while the worst person in the world makes hot takes that the narrative presents as reasonable.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
Some Zaphod Beeblebrox genealogy there

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

More like why do they need to communicate their ideas with obscure rune symbology when they're inviting white supremacists to speak

Because the more poo poo they can pile on the better it is for the Q folks in the audience who are hypertuned to interpreting symbols and also incredibly generous with their wallets, while also making it easy to mock folks who spot it as reading too much into it.

If they were the party the Dems say they are, they should be trying as hard as possible to get the gently caress away from deniable fascism right now. Instead they've gone with the nazi-specific-variation-of-the-odal-rune stage.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

OwlFancier posted:

I think that's more a problem with him, money can absolutely buy me happiness and I keep saying the rich should give it to me if it doesn't do it for them.

Yeah, "I haven't yet managed to buy happiness with all of my money" seems to be what a lot of these fucks with all the money are saying, and I think that's reason enough that they shouldn't be in control of it

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
Finally, an app that gives gamers the ability to say the n word live holy loving poo poo this is someone's multiple year project

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

toanoradian posted:

Was he the one who said waterproofing isn't torture and when given one gave up in the first few minutes?

edit: I mean waterboarding

That one was Christopher Hitchens, who lasted approximately one splash before dropping the dead man's switch and, to his credit, immediately switched his position, permanently, to "it's absolutely torture and it is loving insane that we are doing it at all"

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

RatHat posted:

The gently caress are defensive toxins?

Living plants tend to fight back against predators using chemical warfare, like packing their beans with caffeine or their fruits with capsaicin or their sprouting bodies with allicin

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Holy poo poo those things look like unfinished 3D prints

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Heath posted:

I think a lot of his fans don't actually realize how old he is

A big part of his brand is being "american white male, older" while maintaining enough flab and droop to disguise his actual age