Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Badger of Basra posted:

https://twitter.com/CarrickMorrigan/status/1252272421329006592

The cursed intersection of Nazi twitter and astrology twitter

At least they're being honest out of the gates with "One of the most lied about men in history."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Actually pretty sure it is, except simp has incel connotations and cuck has men going their own way connotations. The sentiment is basically the same and they are used by the same people (when you consider that incels and MGTOW are a Venn circle.)

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

bell jar posted:

I don't know what a simp is. I keep thinking of this guy :regd13:

I'm not going to suggest pursing that definition of simp any further, but its usage as a slur has separate etymology, since it's an acronym. Which I also suggest not pursuing.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's been a synonym for wuss or wimp for literally decades.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=simp

The usage of the term went up by 10000% in the past 3 months

xtal has a new favorite as of 02:22 on Apr 21, 2020

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

This person is wrong, that IP address belongs to https://vanwanet.com which is a free speech oriented CDN. They probably use that since Cloudflare banned them. While it's a correlation, it doesn't indicate they're the same server.

This seems like someone who just discovered dig but doesn't understand how to actually use it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SXmv8quf_xM

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Isn't it much more likely that the person took the picture from the collage instead of the reverse?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I verified that he took it from the collage by looking at the raw file of the Twitter avatar. It has white edges forming a circle instead of being a square because it was cut out of the circle in the collage. (Normally the raw image is a square even if its rendered as a circle.) The image is also lower resolution than the collage when you would expect it to be higher.

In short they are trolling you.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

EL BROMANCE posted:

When in doubt, test on a child and blame them.

It tastes like burning!

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

I just think they're neat

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
That's probably a Scunthorpe problem because it starts with (edit) those 4 letters

xtal has a new favorite as of 22:11 on Sep 8, 2020

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I played RuneScape growing up and people would evade word filters by spelling [)ick and things like that. They tried to fix that by using heuristics for filtering and it would just ban sentences for no visible reason.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Whoever made that got made fun of for eating at Chick-fil-A, I guarantee it

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Finally, they're saying what we've all been thinking for 20 years

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Do you ever notice that people say JBP, Rowling, Trump etc can't possibly be racist or sexist, and then accidentally say the quiet part loud a minute later?

Yesterday I was playing video games with a Trump supporter so I mercilessly abused them and verbally assaulted them. They were saying not all Trump supports are racist, but as soon as I called them a Nazi they bust out George Floyd slurs.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

scumaliom posted:

Someone kill me

I was half dead in the first 10 seconds and not in the funny laughing to death way

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

I believe this is what's called hitting two birds with one stone

Edit: Also, as an experienced programmer including video games, Jon Blow is trash and none of us take his terrible code seriously

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Super glad that I didn't make that post the other day saying why I agreed with him and was willing to die on that hill. I still am but I'm not going to talk about it.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

nurmie posted:

Couldn't read for more than a couple of paragraphs, this reads 100% like psychosis. Seen people going though things like this irl, unfortunately - it's kinda triggering almost :smith:

Yeah, this is just a very ill person, not very funny imo

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The message is to use masks and renewable energy ya ninny

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Two words into the first paragraph I was like "isn't this the wall street shill?"

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Wild techbro spotted

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
pH is a log scale so 11.3 and 12.6 are actually more than 10x apart

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Much better than the Bristol log scale

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Wait are they saying Joe Rogan is neutral?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

This happened to one of my friends when that first came out

Although if you look at the Wikipedia article (can't link on mobile) there have been a lot of copycat crimes and bans on the book

xtal has a new favorite as of 23:51 on Sep 25, 2020

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Unless that's just printed out it must have been nightmarish to install, painting or stickering those

Oh, it's probably just a photoshop since all the text is exactly flat.

xtal has a new favorite as of 19:22 on Sep 26, 2020

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Muggle is officially a slur

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
It's a little hot to the touch but give it a few years and it will be the next D.A.R.E. shirt

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

hanales posted:

I’ve never had chai tea, is that a bad way to make it?

It's a good way to make chai tea but a bad way to make chai

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

How did I know exactly what you're referring to in one word?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Faustian Bargain posted:

Explain the joke here please. Why yes I'm a programmer

Enterprise code (code for big corporations) is known for being over complicated and verbose. The problem can be solved in a few lines of code but this project uses enterprise design patterns to turn it into hundreds of lines.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The difference is probably that the Iron Man movie came out between Jobs, Gates and Musk so people associate him with Tony Stark. For real

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
None of those people are good at tech, they're just businesspeople. Gates stole his money through antitrust violations; Jobs just sold stuff Wozniak developed; and Musk, I don't even know, he has no accomplishments to his name aside from being born rich to an apartheid mine owner. Maybe he's known for making one of the worst websites ever made, PayPal, along with reverse-Batman Peter Thiel, one of the worst humans ever made?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

OwlFancier posted:

Uh, what is "british style" in this instance because we loving love tomato ketchup over here.

We particularly like putting it on chips, which as you know are made from the native british potato. We might even put the chips in a sandwich, bread being invented in doncaster in 1843.

Like what does he eat, just haggis?

Nightshades are also new world vegetables meaning tomatoes existed in the American continent before China. Although ancient ketchups were made of mushrooms or other things.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

learnincurve posted:

Darn, I’m going to have to serious post to defend my skills. British food being bad is french propaganda that originated in the pre-revolution era.

Actually my experience of British food being bad is from eating it

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

luxury handset posted:

i'm just pointing out where evidence leads. if you see nazis everywhere you look then i beg you to remove all the mirrors from your home

Laughing at you very much and not in the way you wanted when you wrote this troll post

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
French fries are just naked poutine

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

hooman posted:

"All food is bad" I scoff through my mouthful of liver milkshake.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Thump! posted:

poo poo has everyone else been masturbating on zoom calls? Did I miss the boat on this trend?

Yup, it's a new game called Among Us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

veni veni veni posted:

Thanks. I bought it about a year ago when Genesis passed :rip:

Oh no I didn't know :(