Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Memento posted:

Ignoring the vegetation, how the gently caress do those look like "Britain style houses"?

Its a little known fact that all non- Anglo-Saxon people live in rude mud-brick houses with reed roofing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

disaster pastor posted:

Yeah, I was just thinking that: so kind of the British police to not stage her suicide to cover their mistake.

They do that in the streets, not in the jails.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Mak0rz posted:

Yes everyone knows Richard "no one will ever own me" Dawkins is a dipshit but you are vastly underestimating
A: The influence and damage anti-vaxxers are capable of and have already done to society thus far.
B: The importance of rigorous medical testing.

I, unfortunately since it is Dawkins, agree. He's an unpleasant oval office and I despise him, but anti-vaxxers are worse.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

cptn_dr posted:

Sounds like a Brent to me.

I was thinking... Dale?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Khizan posted:

Richard, but specifically the Richards who insist on going by the full name all the time. I've met decent Ricks and Riches, and I've even met a few Dicks who weren't actually dicks, but every Richard I've ever met has been an "I demand to speak with the owner" rear end in a top hat who calls waiters "the help".

Good answer.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Mamkute posted:

This is only a dilemma if you think society has positive value.

And remember what Thatcher, who is their god-made-flesh, had to say about society.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

Appropriately for easter, at that angle the blotchy parts of the moon look like a rabbit holding an egg. :3:

Ah, so you've not heard the man in the moon is seen as a rabbit in China?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

AlbieQuirky posted:

I have always disliked him and his work, but this is really sad.

And funny!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

christmas boots posted:

Can’t say I enjoy it when anyone gets brain damage, but this was also an outcome entirely of his own making. I hope he recovers function and comes out of this with a greater sense of empathy for the people around him. Otherwise I hope he finds contentment with his lot, and does not suffer greatly.

Above all, I would like him to stop doing harm, leading others to ruin, and making the world that much worse.

And that’s about all I have to say on that.

If he comes out of this a changed man, I would be amazed, pleasantly surprised and welcoming.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Sloth Life posted:

That just fuckin impressive

I could do that.

If I had a time machine and could invest several years into gymnastic training.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

So, she thinks that it's a good thing that an emotionally febrile population have access to firearms over votes?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Leavemywife posted:

Yeah, but it's more fun to call someone a smelly chair or stained floor tile. Keep it fresh, you know?

I just go with wasted abortion.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

darkwasthenight posted:

Piers seems to have developed a backbone recently. No idea what instigated it but he referred to PJW as a racist far-right loon who works for a 'journalism outlet' that claim Sandy Hook didn't happen, plus some crack about "if you don't like me I'm doing something right".

Even though he comes out ahead of Watson, never give Morgan anything. If he was hit by a bus, his own mother would applaud.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

nexus6 posted:

Reminds me of something I watched/read a long time ago that people like to believe conspiracy theories because it makes them feel smarter than everyone else, like the know 'the truth' or 'the facts' better than other people and can't believe others haven't figured it out.

I read an Atlantic piece on those Q nutters and they all say 'Do your own research' when the writer actually asks them 'so, what makes Q trustworthy?'

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Moo the cow posted:

So, what is it?

Only joking!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Skwirl posted:

It's one of the few completely consistent takes of low key white supremacism, "the only valid protest is that which doesn't inconvenience me whatsoever."

Then suddenly Kapernick causes them to have palpitations for some reason...

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I swear if these people saw some of the blondes from the Solomon islands their heads might pop.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Liquid Snake being all 'What the gently caress, dude?!'

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Macaws are parrots, so she probably heard one say a dirty word

She's probably worried about going to hell after seeing a cockatoo.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

hyperhazard posted:

:agreed: Anyone who venerates Churchill should be made to do an image search for the Bengal famine. Churchill and his cabinet were absolute monsters.

Also, the reason why the death count from the Bengal famine ranges from 3 million to 35 million is that, unlike the Nazis, Britain actually underwent a successful record destruction in order to prevent this information from ever being released. Look up Operation Legacy for more information. Up to 35 million dead. From ONE point in time from ONE country, up to 35 million dead because of directions from the British empire.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

TinTower posted:

There’s one Paradox LP on these dead gay forums where the pope is a child, and another where an Aztec invasion of Europe made Catholicism devolve into a cannibal cult.

Link?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Some protestors tore down a statue of a colonial governor who

1) never actually spent time in the country
2) was an absolute shithead

The statue was erected less than 10 years ago by a local businessman and nobody had even really heard of the governor before then. The statue was not a museum to the horrors of colonialism, it was just a statue in the middle of town.

My meth-head cousin who usually stays off social media has taken massive umbrage at this and has been posting poo poo like this for days now.

Where was this and why was it put up in the first place, then?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

Both words are the problem, they're black AND gay.

Yowza.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Mmmmmm hi 👋 this is a rhino🦏 😅 Just thought I'd pop in and say hi🤦 This has been my favourite thread 😉 and I know how hard🍆 you all were willing to work💦💦💦 for that A+💯 in shitposting 💩. Even after all the time⏰ we spent away from each other🤔, I couldn't stop thinking about you!🙊😳I know you'll always be my special little thread, and I hope you get to make the same impression😜 on other shitposters 💩 like you did with me 😈💦💦💦😘🥰.

👋👀👋👀👋👀👋👀👋👀 goodbye go౦ԁbYe👋 thats ✔ some good👋👋bye right👋👋there👋👋👋 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👋👋 👋НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👋 👋👋 👋 💯 👋 👀 👀 👀 👋👋Goodbye💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

See you at the crossroads, crossroads, crossroads😘

Blessed.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Elysiume posted:

I loving wish.

...don't these defenders of Western civilization realise that the Greeks were the heroes in the Iliad?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

StillFullyTerrible posted:

i know we may not always agree politically here in IOSM, but i think i found a take that everyone can agree is hella dumb

Ok, I have to ask, is that person just using whatever avatar they want or are they ACTUALLY a failed clone of the actress from Russian Doll?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Volcott posted:

The moon has been psychically dead ever since Neil Armstrong drove a cold iron stake into its moon heart, this is all a distraction to keep us from recognizing the real threat: Jovian lizards.

By Jupiter!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Try being a loud hiccupper.

Especially when you get them randomly. Just walking along and suddenly you go HUURK at the top of your voice like you just had a heart attack.

Oh thank God.

It's even worse when they cause you to belch afterwards.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Garrand posted:

Adam Driver's a hunk, Dev Patel's a pretty boy.

Together, they are 'The Huntty Boys'.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I agree, it's not clear what you were saying.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Elysiume posted:

I think they meant a fourth interview for a fourth job opening rather than the fourth round of interviews for a given job application. The (definitely totally real) anecdote is loving nightmarish because expecting people to submit well over a hundred job applications sounds like openly pining for hell on earth.

You may not like to hear how many applications I made. Then again, I was out of work for a stupidly long time.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Sunswipe posted:

That doesn't sound gouda at all. I guess you'll have to brie very careful in future. Edam your employers to hell.

*imitates throwing a basketball cleanly through the net*

"Swiss"

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

teen witch posted:

sighs as I post this in the estranged parent thread

I legit wouldn’t be shocked if my dad was into Q nonsense.

Ooooooooooooooooooooof.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

grittyreboot posted:

https://twitter.com/nfergus/status/1292506391005941760?s=19

Teens lip synching McElroy brothers bits and listing off which D&D classes are bottoms are the first wave of a full scale Chinese invasion.

So... China is good now?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Nuclear War posted:

So a few years back i lived in rural Eastern WA (AMA about being a Scandinavian in the Trumpiest part of the country and surviving culture shock) and i still keep a few of the weird Facebook groups for laughs.

When people heard you were Scandinavian, did you get constant comments in you being one of the good ones?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

teen witch posted:

Since when

Most droll.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Pookah posted:

People who are so absurdly privileged that neither they, nor anyone they know, has ever in their lives had to work in an ordinary office, and so whose only source of information on the subject is The Office.

And they think that working in The Office would be 'fun'.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

That text makes me think 'Ganglion', and, from that, how they are missing theirs.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

...in Dean's defence, he didn't claim that his brother was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Len posted:

But they're icky

Avatar/post cognitive dissonance combo.