Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
I don't know where I got this, but it's on my computer so you get it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

Powered Descent posted:

Huh, wouldn't have expected that to disappear. Here, I rescued the image from cache:

Nice, an actual island of Kek for the alt-right.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

"Unfairness," like you can just talk to the virus' manager and get them to change its policy.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

:psyduck:

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
On an article about Musk's failed PR stunt.

People realize fellating the rich isn't going to make them throw money at you, right?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
The real question is, what's the male form of Becky?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

"Removable eyelids."

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

As someone points out in the replies, dude's being intentionally dumb. He's eaten at Indian restaurants before, and I'm guessing like most people in the world, he knows that chicken tikka masala is some type of Indian dish*, even if he doesn't know the exact recipe. It's the same sort of "common man" act that Bush and Reagan and generations before them put on, and it works on the kind of idiots who think cultural blending has just gone too far, dammit, what's wrong with burgers and shakes?

*Technically created in Scotland, I think?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

So is there some backstory to this? Or is he just making GBS threads on some random guy who was proud of his wife's moon photo?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

-Woman posts that her husband just died. Gets thousands of likes, because he was a "doctor on the front lines."
-Someone pulls her posts from 2 months ago, where she was talking about the anniversary of the death of her husband.
-Someone else pulls her thirsty comments from March.

I guess a generous reading would be that her 1st husband died a while ago, she remarried, and the 2nd husband just died. But Occam's razor and all.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

lol conservatives call the cops when a black family is using the wrong charcoal grill at a park, then knock themselves out saluting a soldier who breaks state law during a pandemic.

Don't read the replies, it's depressing.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

chitoryu12 posted:

https://twitter.com/SBANYPD/status/1251255782408060930

"The Pantaleo Effect", as in people are now justifiably afraid that the NYPD will strangle them to death.

Something about this reply made me laugh. Better fix the grammar, or no one will take my opinion seriously!

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

Stoatbringer posted:

Well, it didn't actually happen, so...

Moses parted the sea and everyone clapped.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

Inceltown posted:

I don't have a fb so this just looks like "we're opening on may 1" to me. What's missing?

A shitton of hot takes.

And also this image, which made me laugh so I'm including it.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

PiratePing posted:

His parents were pretty much monolingual speakers of sign language. They could read and write of course but his mom wrote basically in a text version of sign language, which ends up as just a string of concepts when you take away the grammar of body language ("good weather 🌞 🌞 bike university?"). Sometimes I couldn't make it out at all because it would only make sense if you mentally translated it to sign language. His dad had slightly better hearing and more spoken language skills from working in the hearing world... but he only deployed them for emergencies like dad jokes.

If you go to online Deaf forums, a lot of the older people type like that as well. Sort of like how a lot of boomers on social media have weird stream-of-conscious posts that don't really match the usual fluency that people growing up expressing themselves online have.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
Guess he really was thirsty.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
It did give birth to Peter Norway though, so there's that.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

Zesty posted:

Ignoring the fact every relationships.txt is fake as hell, every single one of them can be solved with talking to your significant other rather than the loving internet.

The best ones are the ones that are clearly fake, but make you laugh. The worst ones are the ones where the OP is in the comments, not saying anything inflammatory, but asking questions and thanking people for their advice, because holy poo poo, it might be real.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

Saagonsa posted:

Also, yknow, the fact that sodomy was in fact illegal in many states during the height of the AIDS epidemic.

Yeah, I was going to say, on top of it being an incredibly stupid take, over a dozen states still have laws against sodomy. And a handful of them specify that, yes, by "sodomy" they mean same-sex intercourse.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
I'd completely forgotten BoingBoing existed and realized now that I'd combined it with BuzzFeed in my mind.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

lol I'm going to be a bridesmaid in a zoom wedding this afternoon. It's not the end of the world. These people are such babies.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

Jollity Farm posted:

I am reminded of when someone online told people that "I bet you're glad your mother was pro-life". No concept of a pro-choice person choosing to carry a pregnancy to term.

I saw this on a bumper sticker, except it was just "Your mother was pro-life." My first thought was "no she isn't" :confused:

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

Yes, Tom "No Quarter for Insurrectionists, Anarchists, Rioters, and Looters" Cotton is all about preventing the endangerment of lives.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
lol

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
At this point, they're just mocking us, right?

https://twitter.com/HouseGOP/status/1268603674822979585

e: In the unlikely event they gain a conscience and take it down

hyperhazard has a new favorite as of 23:03 on Jun 4, 2020

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

Henchman of Santa posted:

This is correct though?

Pretty sure they're complimenting Mara Wilson for challenging her.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

chaosrefined posted:

Someone I know posted this take on the statue of Colston being chucked in a river:

http://imgur.com/a/kKTa7DR

You will not be surprised to know that he is replying to comments

"Without slavery, African Americans would be stuck in Africa" is a great take, because it not only assumes that modern-day Africa is a hellhole, but also conveniently forgets that Europe loving ravished the continent.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

GreenMetalSun posted:

I went back to school this year (boo boo the fool) and about 3/4 of my history class is international students from India, and holy poo poo do they hate Churchill. On the other hand, I'm learning way more about British colonialism than the class is teaching me.
:agreed: Anyone who venerates Churchill should be made to do an image search for the Bengal famine. Churchill and his cabinet were absolute monsters.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

DiabloStarCraft posted:

You can instantly spot a person who's never had to actually call the police because unless you're actually in a life threatening situation they don't do jack loving poo poo

I was in the middle of traffic with some friends when the car behind me hit us, freaked out, reversed hard enough to knock the car behind them out of the way, and ran the rest of the reds on the street. There were a bunch of us in the car to witness it, we got a plate number, and all we wanted was the cop to write down something so my friend could prove the hit and run to his insurance.

The cop showed up, told us that he didn't want to waste time dealing with it, and left. I know it's not exactly a bank robbery, but dude, at least pretend to care.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
I know at this point they're being willfully disingenuous, but still, this reply is something else. At least most of the comments are making fun of him.

https://twitter.com/GuyMonzeglio/status/1269433505965993985

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

canepazzo posted:

I think this tweet might possibly have me angrier than anything Trump tweeted recently. Jesus Christ.

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1270345875911573504

Either the social media manager sucks, or they were quick to update the headline.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

There are so many levels of stupid to this. Not only do they seem to think most women lie to their partner about orgasming, but they use that "data" to conclude that female product testers would also lie to a company about having an orgasm with their vibrators.

"No baby, it was great, I swear."
-- Customer feedback on a trial product

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
*rolls tiny rabbit sized joint*

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

Pookah posted:

A valid comparison would be if there was a historical monument consisting of either Colstons original slaving ships or accurate recreations of them, showing the appalling conditions his victims had to endure and historical data on who they were, where they came from and what happened to them. I do not think anyone would object to that, unless they really really wanted to protect a slavers reputation of course.

Now I'm just thinking of those Yelp reviews of plantation tours where people were angry that the tour guide had the audacity to talk about slavery.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
Admitting to assault to own the libs.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

https://twitter.com/the_17_1776/status/1270791012835786753

So anything you don't like is actually the opposite? drat, guess police brutality is sunshine and hugs and the border wall is a slippy slide and the recession is actually all of us swimming around in Scrooge McDuck piles of gold. Thanks for the tip, brave forward thinker!

hyperhazard has a new favorite as of 06:40 on Jun 11, 2020

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I heard a voice I recognized as Secretary of Education Abrams talking about a new executive order requiring all school districts to be dissolved and schools placed under federal authority for curriculum alignment and racial balance. Great. No more high school football games as we know them.

usa.txt

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
Monstrous Regiment has a number of ftm characters. Sergeant Jackrum transitioned several decades ago and had a child with his boyfriend. At the end he finds his child again and goes back to him as a father. The climax of the book revolves around most of the high-ranking men in the army being afab, although Pratchett leaves it open as to whether they're women pretending to men to stay in the army, or whether they identify as men. The final scene has Polly meeting new recruits who are dressed as men. She tells them that if they're more comfortable as women, they can choose to be women; if they're more comfortable as men, they can choose to be men.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Holy poo poo. I honestly couldn't think of how it could get worse, I thought seeing the start of the "Trump" written on the side had it covered.

It took me way too much effort to read TRUMP 45TH because dear god that font is horrible. (It's also not a coherent statement, but I guess you do what you can with a 10 symbol limit)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/GrandMoffJoseph/status/1272553120799825922?s=20

Make sure to click through for the second part of the quote. And join me in the Paganocracy.

Loving the RATM lyrics in their username.