Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

It's extremely cool how they just edited out the punchline of the joke to make their point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Arivia posted:

So what is the punchline then

The kid's head explodes, and it cuts to a real life kid who says "Oh I get it your racism is ironic"

e: yeah that

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

Can’t possibly think why girls feel like this. It’s a mystery.

Gendered social norms pushed on children at a young age?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Elviscat posted:

Do these people not understand time or math? Like that we're three months in to this poo poo, and that death toll for AIDS (not a good loving example of "how to manage a novel disease outbreak" btw) is over decades?

Also, yknow, the fact that sodomy was in fact illegal in many states during the height of the AIDS epidemic.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

What an article name

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

lobsterminator posted:

Also jumping on the unironically this train. During peak COVID in my country streets were really quiet and it was a joy to bicycle. Now it's back to normal and constant noise and cars. All cars except some necessary supply trucks and public transport should be banned.

I feel like that might not actually be an amazing idea to implement in reality without a massive amount of infrastructure being built

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Haha jokes on you I was just pretending to make a fool of myself

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

SpacePig posted:

I'm becoming increasingly inclined to mute my sister on Facebook. She keeps sharing Ben Shapiro and Charlie Kirk videos unironically and uncritically, and then shared this yesterday saying "Makes you think".
https://mobile.twitter.com/ryanlongcomedy/status/1285208497517473793

That video is correct though, for a specific type of race reductionist "woke" liberal

Like if you've never seen the people who are anti-interracial relationships but woke you're very lucky

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Stuntman posted:

yeah but if you scroll down his feed a bit he has roger stone on his lovely podcast with the title "roger stone did nothing wrong" (dogwhistle fash, variation on "hitler did nothing wrong") so it's pretty obvious the angle he's going for

Oh, yeah, that's fair

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Yeah "attack on titan is facist" is one of those things that seems true if you only take a glance at it but don't look into it any more than that, which helped it spread as the narrative online.

Cleretic posted:

Fullmetal Alchemist is the one that got so weirdly fascist (or maybe Zionist, I don't recall) that they made a second anime adaptation just to make it less fascist, right?

The first FMA anime stopped following the manga after a certain point, the 2nd anime is a more faithful adaptation of the story in the manga.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Yeah I think it's pretty valid to be mad at Netflix over their handling of it, and I don't think it's really fair to expect people to dig into it more beyond their initial impressions (which are, again, Netflix's fault)

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

It's literal American exceptionalism

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

https://twitter.com/WongKarWax/status/1307105679812046850

Lots of people really think any attention is good attention.

She should have retired though

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

there are mandatory plot missions in Cyberpunk 2077 where this is the objective

...No there aren't? Like those are things in the game and they're lame but they aren't mandatory plot missions

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

One of the bigger streamers on the platform is Hasan Piker, and his chat is full of people using pepe emotes. You'll find the same in a lot of left leaning stream chats. It isn't really exclusive to the right anymore.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

from "hm, a wikipedia link, can't be that bad" to the fastest Ctrl-W of my life in no time flat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T6go6EOuG4

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Bismuth posted:

Hm, a child acting weird and immature? I've never seen such problematic behavior.

Defending misogyny to own the shippers (many of whom are, also, dumbass teenagers)

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

It was pretty clearly an epstine joke

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Yeah stunt enby is immensely fail but also that stuff is real bad. Doesn't have to be one or the other

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Diggus Bickus posted:

What was happening in here when people were just mad because someone made a vague reference to an actor in the Harry Potter films being on some kind of list? Before the pedophile got outed by someone who reads nazi websites?

Someone made a joke about the actor being on the Epstine flight logs, which one poster didn't get and had a very aggro response to. Then some guy dropped in with some hot take about trans women, and then it exploded into this.

A good prelude to meltdown may.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Yes, power that the Irish were let in on because of their pale complexion. What's your opinion of indentured servitutde? Exactly the same as chattel slavery, or worse?

"Whiteness is not a set thing but instead a fluid trait that is granted to groups when convenient to people in power" is not a racist take, my man.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I don't care about people making Shapiro short jokes, but I think it's immensely lame when people try to justify it by pretending it's a woke thing to do or whatever

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

95% of of the time, anyone who designs a character in a fantasy videogame to look like their real body (or their desired/idealized version of it) is a giant dweeb and deserves nothing but mockery.

The other 5% is trans and gender-questioning people using it to explore gender stuff in a safe environment.

People should be allowed to play games in whatever ways they want (within reason) without mockery

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Love to be really weird about how other people play video games

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Feliday Melody posted:

This is just shoe being a useful idiot and making pro-choice people look insane.

99% of her grift is pretending to be left while making progressives look unreasonable. Or whitewashing right wing grifters for a leftist audience.

The person in that image is an insane prageru "former democrat" person. Not really close to a leftist.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

If this is what I think it's about (and a quick look at their timeline makes me think it is) the 2 characters in question are not actually brothers, and the term used to describe their relationship is one that is in fact sometimes used to describe a romantic relationship.

Still a weird aggro post though.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I've had a college professor pull out that exact "caucasian, negroid, mongoloid" line as well. It's wild what some people will say.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

RillAkBea posted:

Aside from unironic usage of the term "rainbow capitalism"

What's wrong with that term? Like, I'm sure he misuses it in some dumbass way, but rainbowashing/rainbow capitalism is a pretty easily identifiable thing.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The memeification of the Depp defamation trial is insane, but I don't feel like it's that hard to understand why a lot of people are pro Johnny Depp

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I think there's something to be said about how atomized a lot of people are to the point of their perceived only options for dating are dating apps, which can be absolute hell for self esteem. It's not hard to see why some people come out of that kinda hosed up. The violent misogyny is less excusable, however.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The Blizzard thread is a poison to the mind

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The word based is absolutely still used by zoomers to mean "thing I think is good." You'll see it all the time in stream chats.

However yes it is also used in ring wing circles simultaneously.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

There are a whole lot of people who were diagnosed with Aspergers as children and don't really keep up with things enough to know why it isn't being diagnosed as such anymore. It's not all that uncommon.

The idea that it makes you averse to lying though is absolutely insane, however.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

It's fine to identify as such if you were diagnosed with it. Don't need to make it a weird thing.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

drat bro imagine providing a nice home for your family

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Ai art is immensely fail

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

SCheeseman posted:

Not so much happy as willing to accept the inevitable, meanwhile you're literally doing the YoU WouLDnT StEAl a CaR schtick. Equating copyright infringement to "literally stealing" is literally big corp BS.

Inevitable lol

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

This time surely the AI tech is there for this to be more than a gimmick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

SCheeseman posted:

If it's a gimmick then none of this matters and it's not worth complaining about. You can't have it both ways.

I think the gimmick sucks rear end my man.