Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

luxury handset posted:

settle down there Bubb Rubb

that is a hard and legit lol from me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

I wish there was a thread of these 'Congratulations you've invented [existing thing].'

If you can find and collect enough of them, make one: it would surely have to be more fun to read than this barely-tolerated little colony of C-SPAM

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

That's why I wish there was a thread of them, I see one like once every three weeks and then forget about them in two hours so I can't collect them.

Well, poop, GUESS YOU'RE ALL GOING HOME WITHOUT ICE CREAM.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

A bus is a limo until the first poor person comes aboard.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

hawowanlawow posted:

so many shrimp

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

T-man posted:

rather unpopular in cspam

you don't loving say

T-man posted:

E: as a salient example, the deaf/Deaf conversation. Many doctors do not understand deaf culture, and a lot of the pressure on Deaf parents to give their kids an implant comes from the medical field. What right does medical science have to define an acceptable sensorium? How can doctors respect their patients on their own terms, if they have been taught to view the body as a series of mechanistic parts to be repaired? These are the questions to be asking.

This is the sort of post I know you're capable of and want to see here, if you want to post here.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

free for the rap sheet asking, first come first served

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Captain Monkey posted:

More of an update on an idiot.

https://twitter.com/bowlcutthanos/status/1252774719046078464?s=21

e: what is it with chuds and making GBS threads their pants?

trying to dunk on Ice-T on Twitter is like trying to bowl with a handful of lasagna

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

SavTargaryen posted:

I've lurked for long enough that I guess it's time to stop and a probe seems a good way to delay that a while longer.

You, my friend, got yourself a rare and valuable Annie.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

ilmucche posted:

Who the heck is/are trapt and why do they now want to fight ice t, i don't get that at all

insignificant butt-rock band swerving hard-right versus a cultural icon, seems like a super smart move

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Agrinja posted:

Cats are good, give cats please.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This wonderful person missed the window but there was one more Annie to go.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

It's been discussed and that was overly harsh of me. It was rescinded to six hours.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Peanut Butler, Vincent, I'm sure the two of you have gone to bed, but this is an Official Ask that the two of you don't wake up with a head full of To Be Continued, and maybe give each other a wide berth; several reports led me to this goofy little cockfight and I don't think anyone has any desire to read any more of it.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

It's loving wild when amoral famous people who are insane in different ways meet.

It's almost like this happens all the god damned time

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Chris Pistols posted:

Whether the question was in bad faith or not, I really appreciate your response. I've never been comfortable with labelling anything as 'queer' - for me it still smacks of bullying & homophobia/being a synonym for strange/unusual. It's clear that I'm in the minority with this so it's valuable to hear your explanation. Thanks!

:h:

You love to see it.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

That's about enough about Venezuela in this thread, folks.

Find some other idiots on social media, preferably the "funny" kind of idiocy and not the "spittle-flecked lunatic" kind.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

StillFullyTerrible posted:

p sure mizpiz used to post on kiwifarms so

Don't stir up offsite poo poo in PYF or, ideally, anywhere.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

just lol if you didn't have Enrique explain forums traditions to you while having tiny fish nibble dead skin off the soles of your feet

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Nuclear War posted:

Am I having a stroke?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Kanye West wrote in his own name for President and didn't vote for anything else.

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/1323727338387902465?s=20

That stupid, stupid man somehow made it onto the ballot in my state - I mailed mine in weeks ago, I don't know if that matters - and I don't remember that being his VP candidate.

I hope he dies, one day, in a manner befitting his legacy: eating a pair of extremely expensive sunglasses someone convinced him were edible.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Flint_Paper posted:

For twelve years 😵 you've 🍆 been 👏 asking ❔💬 "Who 😂 is John ✔🏻 Galt?" This is 👏 John Galt speaking. 👏 I'm 👁🙋 the 🙀🏻 man who's taken 🙏🚀 away your victims 🏻🏃 and thus 😂🏻 destroyed 🏚🏚 your world. You've heard ♀ it said 💬♂ that this 📉😡 is 🤔😂 an 💕 age 💀😲 of 🔥🔴 moral 😤 crisis and 💰 that ✔ Man's sins 👿👿 are 🙏☝ destroying 🚧 the 👉 world. 🌏🌍 But 🍑🍑 your 📥🏼 chief virtue has been 👀✊ sacrifice, and 😘🐨 you've 💦😰 demanded 💪 more sacrifices at 😝🏾 every 👏 disaster. 🚟 You've 🖕 sacrificed justice to mercy 🎃 and happiness to 💦♻ duty. 💂 So 😳😊 why should 💘 you be 🐝💗 afraid of ☹ the 👀 world around you? Your 💦🤴 world 🌎 is 💯 only the product 👟 of your sacrifices. While 👶 you 👆😕 were 🚶🏻 dragging 🚘 the men 🅰 who 🤔📛 made 👑💰 your 😍 happiness possible to 💦 your sacrificial altars, I 🙋 beat 👊 you 👈👉 to ✌ it. I reached 🕶 them first and told 🗣🗣 them about the 👏 game 🎮💣 you 👉 were playing 🎮▶ and where 😭 it would take them. 👏👙 I 🗣 explained the 💰 consequences ⚠ of 💦💦 your 💦 'brother-love' 😎 morality, which 🐱🏼 they had been 👏 too 😍❓ innocently generous to understand. 😎😏 You 👈🐵 won't 🆗 find 🔎💭 them ☠✋ now, when you 👈👉 need ✊ them 💔😍 more 🙅➕ than 😽🏽 ever. 💻 We're 😺👧 on strike against ✊🔫 your creed of 🤓👉 unearned 🚷 rewards 💰🎁 and unrewarded duties. If 🙄😱 you 🏻 want to ⬇ know 👨 how 🙏😦 I 💥👉 made 🤗🛠 them 👬👊 quit, 🛑 I 😻😇 told them 👦😘 exactly 😉 what I'm 💰😬 telling you tonight. I 👅 taught them the 👏🏿 morality of 💯 Reason -- that it was right to 🙊🏽 pursue one's 💍☝ own 🙁♂ happiness 😁😀 as 🍑🚫 one's ♿☝ principal goal 💦🥅 in 🏼👉 life. 💯 I don't 😡 consider 🤔 the pleasure 💦 of 💰🍨 others my goal ⚽💕 in 👏 life, 👪 nor do I consider ☺ my pleasure 💦 the 😼🛩 goal of 💦 anyone else's life.

aynny's cummies, everyone

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Don't do this stupid bullshit.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

k

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I don't know what you thought was going to happen.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

dialhforhero posted:

What about cybersex?

"cyber-sex" was perfected in 1992's The Lawnmower Man

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

TheSlayer78.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

zakharov posted:

omg go argue about the bad video game in the games forum

We also have a perfectly good game glitch thread right here, if anyone is so inclined.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Garrand posted:

I'm a sapiosexual, therefore

This actually made me curious, and I guess I should be surprised it too has a flag

That's just Luigi.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

This derail has given us some good, interesting conversation, but it's still on pretty thin ice as far as the remit of this thread is concerned. Maybe let's wind it down.

Stunt_enby posted:

ohhhh, you're straight, im sorry i didn't realize :(

And you I'm a hair's breadth from suplexing into a dumpster, so knock this poo poo off.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

christmas boots posted:

If I know my EU correctly, this implies that there was an Alderan that it was cloned from

:golfclap:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

Actually, it's because earlier in his life he was trying to find a new name for himself. He asked a friend, who told him "Oh, be Juan!"

booooooooooooooo

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

There's going to be a real hole in my life without access to the very special thoughts and ideas of #16 of Philly's 76 Most Influential People of 2020

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

VinylonUnderground posted:

Empathy is a two way street.

Shut the gently caress up, Shbobdb.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The Website Promise.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Maslovo posted:

Are Youtube comments valid?

Not only are YouTube comments valid, they are such a rich vein of stupidity and derangement that I'm frankly surprised they don't show up in this thread more often.

I know this is probably one of the most political threads in PYF, and "idiots on social media" seems to work out to "dogshit political takes on Twitter," but it doesn't have to be.

Like the name of this Facebook group!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Can you guess the subject of the Facebook post whose comments went from zero to wild?

a recipe for hard-boiled eggs

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Facebook Aunt posted:

Does that even need a recipie?

Boil a water. Egg. In it.

You know how it is with hard-boiled eggs: everyone's got a "hack" or something that will have them come out perfect every time and easy to peel.

My go-to for that sort of thing is Kenji López-Alt. The man is a wizard.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Splicer posted:

Declined. Reason: Declined

Saving this for a future probation reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

zakharov posted:

Do we really need child abuse videos itt

No. No, we do not.

Yes, that man in the video is an idiot - actually, far far worse than a mere "idiot" - but the primary purpose of this thread is for laughing at people. Any sort of existential horror in knowing you share a world with them, that they're allowed to vote, etc., is an ancillary benefit. If something you intend to post, especially something audiovisual is just horrifying and dispiriting, it might not be a good fit for the thread, even if it made the rounds on social media.

If you'd like to discuss such things, a link to the content with a description of what the reader is about to see is just good manners. But I think drawing a hard line at "let's look at depictions of people being genuinely horrible to children" isn't unreasonable.