Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
A blast from the past:

https://twitter.com/RepMarkWalker/status/864223017135689728

Leading to "As Country Circles Drain, Congressman Bravely Comes Forward to Criticize Ramp for Baby Ducks"

Maybe don't criticize baby ducklings, apple pie or a mothers love unless your political platform is literally "I'm Lord Voldemort".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Does "this Tweet is unavailable" mean it was deleted or just hidden?

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

seaborgium posted:

This is a dumb question, but what is that little thing that looks like it has googly eyes? It doesn't look dangerous at all, it just looks cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9qIcLN15Po

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
RIPPER: Yes, a profound sense of fatigue, a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I-I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence.

MANDRAKE: Huh.

RIPPER: I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake. But I do deny them my essence.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
KIRK: I can't believe I kissed you.

SHAPESHIFTER (appearing as KIRK): Must have been your lifelong ambition.

- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

you mean cabbage.

A whiter shade of kale.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

StrangersInTheNight posted:

can someone explain to a layman what that means? why is it doing the dumb thing bc of tardigrades?

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

there wolf posted:

Mellification, where you eat/drink nothing but honey till you die and supposedly your body is preserved by that process is just a legend. The monks who actually mummified themselves ate seeds and bark while exercising vigorously for years to get rid of all their body fat, then drank some poisonous tree resin to further dehydrate themselves before getting sealed up in a tomb and in the hopes of making a well-preserved corpse.

Imagine going to all that trouble and then Link just kind of wanders past your shrine without so much as glancing at it.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

rodbeard posted:

Is the trivia section for IMDB social media? I like to looking at the inane user submitted fun facts after I finish watching a movie

His thought is slow, but always kind. He holds us all within his mind :colbert:

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Lumbermouth posted:

Why the gently caress do these people care so much about the Kennedies?

Skwirl posted:

Because they're obsessed with the deep state and that's who killed JFK.

I heard that after all, it was you and me :ohdear:

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Does he have a stroller? This is important.

No, but Hobbes is carrying a sled.

Bismuth posted:

If he actually makes it up there he'll be so thin the mosquitos will just carry him away

Don't worry - these sandwiches will give him energy to spare.

Rockman Reserve posted:

He needs a globe and a snazzy helmet, duh.

:hfive:

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Agents of SHIELD plot lines getting weird :ohdear:

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Burning_Monk posted:

I'll never get over someone not having an internal monologue. As a deep-seated introvert, most of daily interactions are me arguing with myself in my head.

" We're not so different, you and I! ", I elucidate dramatically as I try to distract Hero Me from noticing that I am edging ever closer to the controls of the weather control device.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

*sorry, thought better of it*

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Knormal posted:

Sorry, the Penguin Walk name is already taken for that walk you do when you're trying to make it to the toilet before making GBS threads your pants. I thought that was common knowledge.

I believe you are thinking of the Truffle Prevention Shuffle :colbert:

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Tiggum posted:

The "joke" about the episode count is not even an exaggeration. There are shows like that.

I get that I am late to the party but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w09YzTMY1qk&t=58s

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm going to shun you all so hard.

Shun magic and shun the appearance of magic! Shun everything - and then shun shunning!

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

on the subject of wall textures, this reminds me of the most hostile wall I have seen and touched was a wall that had pebbles cemented on it. which I assume is a anti teen hanging and anti leaning thing.

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Pretty sure it's an anti-teens thing

Sorry if I am being oblivious or missing the joke but could you guys please explain exactly how it is a an anti-teen thing?

I'm asking because I'm pretty sure I went through my entire adolescence without thinking "wow, I sure do hate pebbles in general and pebbles on walls in particular". I get that the texture might be unpleasant to lean on directly but sounds like a technology easily defeated by coats :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Brawnfire posted:

That dude needs to not wear mirrored shades, gives way too much context

I respect the fact that he presumably saw himself in a mirror, thought "I look like somebody asked Gary Larson to sketch The Fly" and decided to run with it as his look.