Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

1stGear posted:

kinda want to try this

Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

It drives me off the wall when someone claims to have won an argument just "with logic" and I don't really know why, and also when people self-identify as ravenclaws because they're exactly the sort of people who will constantly do that

also read another book

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

I don't wanna stereotype but why are straight dudes always really bad at taking selfies?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

I thought "no step on snek" was making fun of libertarians

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

The literal disgraced nazi-sympathizer former King lived like, well, a king for the rest of his long and happy life.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

PhazonLink posted:

isnt Pelosi's congressional district not LA?

also the dog isnt at fault, but the king is at fault for arranging a marriage between the baby and the prince.

Pelosi represents most of San Francisco.

There's a lot of fake right-wing memes that have been going around for ages showing some mansion that isn't her house and saying "look at how decadent Pelosi dems live" and so on. Her house is just a decent-looking place with like three stories and a driveway in the middle of San Francisco. Yes, this is more alienating (and more expensive) than her actually living in some fancy politician mansion if you're under forty.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

6/7 allied soldiers DIDN'T die during Operation Overlord

makes u think

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

Remember when the secret FEMA trains full of coronavirus were helpfully labelled “CORONA”

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

I got in an argument with a girl once about how tipping was better because otherwise the server would do the bare minimum, and how she hated the lazy servers when she went to Europe.

And this woman was an australian living in the US, and a loving server. It blew my mind.

When I lived in France restaurant culture is definitely different but it's less lazy servers and more that the whole eating out experience is more relaxed. It's way better than the US (or Canada to be fair) where the server has to constantly check up on you and the interaction is more like butler-employer than person-person. Like who in the US actually enjoys the server refilling your drink when it's 3/4 full or coming back to see if everything tastes good when you're still chewing your first goddam bite or even waiting for the food to cool? Is this a boomer thing?

Come to think of it's totally a boomer thing. I'm sure there's a boomer out there right now leaving a bad yelp review for the local Pizza Hut because contactless delivery denies them the pleasure of looking that servant in the eye when they draw a line through the "gratuity" box

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

The actual sign of god's love is vitamin supplement gummies. They give you a placebo excuse to eat candy every day, but will poison you if you binge on them.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

As a jew who is also white can I hate all of that and then especially loving hate the last bit

e: like gently caress we're not very selective but if you are some goy that identifies primarily as "white goy" and has no interest in jews or judaism or anything beyond listing your grandmother having been a jew to justify your dumbass bigotry then gently caress offfff, you're not any more jewish than frat dudes in green are irish.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 19:33 on May 25, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

Way more celebrities than I expect are the children of either the rich, or of people already deep in music/film/whatever.

Like there's so many actors who are the kids of either Hollywood producer/exec types, slightly-less-famous actors, or are just rich brits who studied acting at Oxbridge instead of whatever normal rich awful tories study.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's almost like being rich gives you a leg up in every possible way.

uhhhhhhh source???

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

I remember the exact same white people who defend police brutality against PoCs defending that bit of police brutality

Weirdly all these fuckers forgot blue lives matter for the past few months, and now suddenly blue lives matter again

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

I'm literally wearing loose-fitting basketball shorts right now and I want to see what sort of weapon this tactical genius, feared-for-his-life cop thinks I could successfully conceal without immediately dropping my shorts

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

For what it's worth, the Daniel Schaver video is googleable still and it isn't gorey. He goes from crawling on all fours, begging for his life, to dead, really quickly. You can't even see his blood from the bodycam. I don't recommend watching it but if you wanna see how arbitrary US cops are, it's there and it's a really good example.
It's easier to see than the George Floyd video if that helps

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

JT Smiley posted:

Can you folks imagine an elected official being called out for lying to the American people?

If it's personally, in a DC bar, 200 years ago, and then the president gets into either a fistfight or a poetry battle with the caller-outer

then, yes, it's imaginable

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

Soros for fucks same give me my check and troop me onto the bus

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

Remember starting in like 2014 or probably before when all these assholes were bragging about how they’d drive straight through protestors blocking streets in their city and the protestors would deserve it and and and

And then in 2017 when the first high profile case of that exact thing happening in Charlottesville came to pass, suddenly it was a false flag or she died of a heart attack or all the thugs were attacking the hapless driver

gently caress these idiots and I wish they’d stay on social media

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

furries, furries never change

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

chitoryu12 posted:

Ironically, he's right in the wrong way. At the Ferguson protests, there was an immediate decrease in violence when the National Guard took over because they weren't nearly as insane as American police. The National Guard doesn't really want to be there and doesn't have any ill will toward the citizens. The cops want to hurt people and turn a peaceful protest into a riot to delegitimize it and give them an excuse to beat the poo poo out of minorities, so they charge into peaceful protesters, fire tear gas at random houses, and beat the poo poo out of journalists and destroy their cameras. American cops are such animals that replacing them with the military would cause less damage.

Yeah it's not like military enlisted are chud-free or full of the best and brightest in all cases but everyone I've met from there is leagues better than cops.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

Ok will do, just casually getting my contrary opinions published in the NY times

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

fash: heheheh idiot protestors don't know how to really fight, look at my FIREARM, do you see that??? cowards.

also fash: woaaaaaaaaaaaah, a mask? a helmet? milk? a baseball bat? why can't you people do a peaceful protest??

oh god this is my worst snipe of all time

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

This reminds me of 2015 in Ontario when chuds were flipping their poo poo at the idea that refugees could be housed in barracks. Like Trudeau would just kick poor, helpless soldiers onto the streets with no recompense and give their homes to foreigners, and the canadian government has absolutely no reason to house soldiers except the goodness of their patriotic hearts.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

The Black Panthers operated community ambulances to get people to the hospital because local EMS couldn't or wouldn't come to certain areas.

I wonder why????

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

Remember when everyone forgot about Hitler because we didn't let Germany build any statues of him?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

I've worked at places where we get shoplifted and I'm not so much terrified as not compensated enough to give a flying gently caress and probably hate management more than petty thieves.

Also restaurants where everyone steals food constantly back of house because again, why the gently caress would we care when we make 7.25 and can get a new equally poo poo job tomorrow and management is (literally in one case) snorting coke in the office while we bust rear end?

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 03:09 on Jun 8, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

Can you believe the violent threats these leftists are making

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

This poo poo reminds me of what a different world I live in from these people. Like in my social circles (SA included ofc) that’s like the only poo poo these men are called. I’d get called out if I sung the praises of Thomas “goony rapist” Jefferson. Luckily we’re also able to recognize nuance, like “all [humans] are created equal” is a good idea even if TJ sucked, or “better Churchill than Hitler, but that ain’t saying much”

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

I mean, the reality these people need to realize is that then there is gently caress all the cops really can do even if they were good at the job, or cared, for stuff like burglary of an empty house. We're better off spending that money addressing the socioeconomic causes of burglary and providing financial compensation for the burgled than on paying a pack of armed idiots to show up and go "ayyup, looks burgled."

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

They're right. If you follow the laws you have to worry about being murdered.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

chitoryu12 posted:

This one is special.

https://twitter.com/H4T1N_R34L1TY/s...997689300795392

The country of Africa, born exactly as it is now with no prior history.

Hearing british chuds talk about colonialism and the empire really recontextualized that Life of Brian bit

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

oldpainless posted:

Our house was burglarized while we were out for the day and I called the cops and 2 showed up. One a regular cop and the other dude was the fingerprint guy. The regular cop was like “yeah this sucks when it happens” and recommended a stronger lock for the door. The fingerprint guy was like “this will take like two hours and we often don’t get a good match still want me to do it?” And I said “yes please check for prints” and he repeated the argument twice more cuz maybe it was quitting time? Anyway we got assigned a detective who said “robbers usually just pawn the dvds and jewelry at the nearest store I’ll go check” and he found about 70% of what was stolen thanks for reading my cop story

A victimless crime!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

mind the walrus posted:

An average-but-decent set runs about $7-10 these days, a nice set about $25, a fancy set $25-50+. It's definitely possible to buy a ton of dice sets and not spend that much money, but it isn't as cheap as it was because merchants have definitely learned to exploit dice goblins like that OP.

Yeah people can absolutely spend absurd amounts of money on dice if they set their mind to it. OP seems to have set their mind to it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

some dude, probably european, certainly white posted:

Honestly, I think that Africa has already way too many nations and is way too hospitable to everyone if we take into account that it wasn't until mid 1800, early 190/ that Africa was fully "discovered". A point can be made that this is also the case for portions of the Americas and I'd agree with that. But, anyway, I digress.

Game studio Paradox makes the historical strategy games that your lamest friend plays, and their forums are the racist gift that keeps on giving.

This post was made in response to the idea that western Africa should get more flavour and mechanics and nations so players can have as much fun starting there as if they started in Europe.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 15:21 on Jun 13, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

Cleretic posted:

I mean, the fact that it's a Paradox player explains all of that. Like you said, Paradox are a big purveyor of that kinda game these days, which means their fanbases have a TON of these sorts of people.

Hell, the only thing I was going to add was that Paradox are generally a cool company that disagrees with these sorts of people, they are so much cooler than you'd expect from their fanbase.

I wasn't really trying to dunk on Paradox so much as giving context to the many people who don't see "you can play as the Wettin dukes of Saxony in 1444" as a selling point for the silly video games

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

Assassin's Creed sounds like it'd be a lot cooler if they dumped the metaplot and just had you be an assassin in fun times in history tbqh

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Some protestors tore down a statue of a colonial governor who

1) never actually spent time in the country
2) was an absolute shithead

The statue was erected less than 10 years ago by a local businessman and nobody had even really heard of the governor before then. The statue was not a museum to the horrors of colonialism, it was just a statue in the middle of town.

My meth-head cousin who usually stays off social media has taken massive umbrage at this and has been posting poo poo like this for days now.

god loving dammit

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

You can tell she's never worked a real job in her life bc lmfao of course McDonald's online orders are not made and set aside ahead of time. Ordering online to get breakfast at rush hour is not going to save you from rush hour at goddam McDonald's breakfast.

Literally loving crying because she didn't get special treatment. ACAB. Acts like she's just come home from storming Normandy instead of issuing a bunch of bullshit tickets, watching another officer scream at a drunk guy, and desperately wishing she got a reason to pull her weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Quoth James Cameron,

"Nevermore"

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah I worked in fast food how fast you get it is based mostly on staffing

And that varied wildly

It also depends heavily on if you have the sort of manager who's committed to the Brand vs the sort of manager who's drunk at work, loathes the company, and doesn't give a poo poo as long as you get things done and the registers add up. Weirdly the second kind produces a better crew.

And also if you're a nasty rear end customer that treats us like garbage, then no one at any restaurant, fast or otherwise, will spit in your food, but it's guaranteed you will be served last. No we don't care about the bad yelp review you will leave. No we don't care if you ever come back. Yes we like good tips but assholes don't give good tips anyway. Good people leave better tips when we're stressed. And we know that not everyone can poo poo out fantastic tips all the time because you've gotta pay bills too, that's why we're in the class war with you, good theoretical customer.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 14:50 on Jun 17, 2020