Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

RFC2324 posted:

apparently the chuddieness is a result of the no friends, and the lack of friends is because his money has just made him paranoid. He has nothing in common with other rich people, and doesn't trust anyone who isn't rich to not just act like his friend to get to his money

sadly, by becoming so nasty about he, he guaranteed neither thing will ever change

Nah, the signs were already there during his Wurm Online days. He took a lot of the tech with him but as far as I can tell never mentioned it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I, for one, apprectiate they made the Antifa Mitgliedskarte a literal Geldkarte. It even has a contactless option. And the logo in the top right is perfect. And the KNT HLZ. :allears:

Someone spent a lot of effort putting as many jokes into that thing as they could.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/SimonClarkeMP/status/1270358722825596930?s=20

Auschwitz is in Poland, but in fairness he probably would have known that if there were more Hitler statues

It's even dumber than that. The relics of the Third Reich that still stand are Mahnmale. Dachau still exists, but there is a lot of effort involved to contextualise it in history and explain its past. If you walk through Dachau and don't feel extremely uncomfortable there's something deeply wrong with you.

Germany does not have Mengele overlooking its hospital lobbies, or Hitler on a pedestal in the town centre.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I have probably spent several hundred hours playing Dwarf Fortress in my youth, and I am just now realizing I have never actually paid Toady anything because he made it free the entire time I did. Thanks for the reminder, random Steam nazi, I'll be sure to remedy this.

Funny, I installed df again today…

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Sunswipe posted:

e: sorry, Austrian. Don't know where Belgian came from.

Well, FN made the "The Right Arm of the Free World", so probably from there.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

OwlFancier posted:

Germany actually bans nazis generally so that would make sense.

I wish.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

OwlFancier posted:

I mean yeah I know there's the "I am definitely not a nazi I just have very complicated theories about race science and nationalism" lot but I was under the impression that people who out and out say "hello yes I am a literal nazi" run into some problems.

The modern Nazi wears a suit for the cameras, but internally it's as ugly as ever and nothing ever happens to them. Race science isn't that popular because it died with a bang in the Führerbunker, that's more of a thing totally internalised in US culture. But German Nazis do import a lot of other US propaganda, so there's a lot of talk about the Weltjudentum and Kulturbolschewismus, just using American words instead of the originals. They also imported the sovcit model whole cloth.

The Verfassungsschutz, the agency responsible for countering those threats, has been implicated in a number of murders committed by Nazis. Maaßen, who led the Verfassungsschutz for quite a while, even coached the Nazi party on how to evade surveillance by his own agency. They increased their focus on the left instead.

Now, to be fair, Maaßen got ousted eventually, and being a Nazi is a lot less tolerated in Germany than many other places, but it's not exactly peachy either. You can't go sieg heiling in public, but you can certainly achieve 15% of the vote with dogwhistling.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

OwlFancier posted:

Replace the entire stat block with Gumption Moxie Spunk Razzamataz Chutzpah and Enthusiasm.

As always, Kingdom of Loathing did it right.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Mmmmmm hi 👋 this is a rhino🦏 😅 Just thought I'd pop in and say hi🤦 This has been my favourite thread 😉 and I know how hard🍆 you all were willing to work💦💦💦 for that A+💯 in shitposting 💩. Even after all the time⏰ we spent away from each other🤔, I couldn't stop thinking about you!🙊😳I know you'll always be my special little thread, and I hope you get to make the same impression😜 on other shitposters 💩 like you did with me 😈💦💦💦😘🥰.

👋👀👋👀👋👀👋👀👋👀 goodbye go౦ԁbYe👋 thats ✔ some good👋👋bye right👋👋there👋👋👋 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👋👋 👋НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👋 👋👋 👋 💯 👋 👀 👀 👀 👋👋Goodbye💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

See you at the crossroads, crossroads, crossroads😘

https://i.imgur.com/RSk7PaX.gifv

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Light Gun Man posted:

this will never happen because a whole lot of people will be shocked to learn they're not as "pure" as they thought

I was under the impression the one drop rule only applies to black genes. If they find out their horoscope thinks their grandmother hosed a German Shepherd once, they are obligated to become a caricature of a Bavarian from a century ago as viewed from across the Atlantic, then accost Germans by explaining how Merkel is ruining the country they've never seen.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Naturally, ever since "Merkle" instituted Shakira Law the country is basically done. What we really need is a strong man being the president instead.

The most disturbing encounter I had was someone talking about how strict German parenting is, because their "German" dad was really strict and drunk (on account of German Genes) and was hitting his children (this was a good thing and totally normal to them), and that this explained why Germany was so orderly. (:wtf:)

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Cloacamazing! posted:

In Germany, the party called Republicans is an actual nazi party, so when I learned that a major US party shared that name, I asked my parents why the US was run by nazis. They explained to me that the US Republicans are just their conservative party and the name is a coincidence. Over two decades later, we're not so sure anymore.

Politics across the Atlantic can nowadays be expressed entirely by this photo:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

There are layers of idiocy in this guy. Not the dude in plastic Lederhosen, he's not the idiot.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Thanks to my choice of operating system I was spared from having to view emoji. First they would just render as tofu, then later they would render in black and white, and that was fine.

Some update made them render in colour and I am not okay with this. Help. I want to go back.

T-man posted:

am i allowed to say die cis scum again? because it's true tbh

I have this in my bookmarks because it brings me joy. I've probably posted it around sa before. I hope you enjoy it as well:

https://i.imgur.com/Q78h1iJ.mp4

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

bessantj posted:

Very bad Marx.

Want some even worse Marx?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Lunch is counter-revolutionary.

It's just Twitter being Twitter

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

You could probably fill an entire thread just with "Idiots on Social Media talking about Brexit".

You'd think the crap published by the S*n or Express is so stupid nobody would repeat it unless to ridicule, but without fail you see talking points brought up there reappear on social media and it's all so unbelievably stupid and stupid and stupid. It's exhausting how stupid it all is.

The idiots are literally the government of the UK at this point and pointless twitter grandstanding has long found its way in official negotiating verbiage, to the utter bemusement of EU negotiators. :psyduck:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

The thing is, anglos are _extremely_ censorious in a very specific way. They generally concentrate all their efforts on policing the form of words, so you get inane stuff like "darn" instead of "drat", constant replacements of single letters in words like "sh*t" as if it changed the meaning of the word. You can express your sincere desire to exterminate a people, but if you say a bad word while doing it, that's when you cross the line.

With the advent of the Online, this got translated into word filters. Word filters are asinine since they don't know about context and are filled by the knuckleheads who think word filters are a good idea. These filters have a ton of by-catch. This is called the Scunthorpe problem, a clbuttic case of a self-inflicted technical solution to a non-existent problem.

Since the creators of these systems are generally intellectually lazy they will turn them on everywhere they can do the most harm. In name fields for example, so if someone's name contain the letters of a Bad Word, they'll get blocked or turned into someone else. That's how Mr. Gay turns into Mr. Homosexual (a real case, not making this one up).

Since the creators of these systems are also morons, they don't consider other languages either. I remember being unable to link an item in an MMO because the bad word filter triggered on their own translation. "Heilen" means "to heal" in German, but that's lost on the monoglot simpletons who think word filters are a good idea.

Since the creators of these systems are aggressively stupid, they don't know how language actually works, so they just do substring matches. So good luck trying to "assess" something. You can't. The letter police will ban you for using naughty substrings.

Now, however, we've entered the age of "AI". So people got the brilliant idea to feed their garbage data into a black box that they can't explain. The AlGoRiTHm trained on their garbage decides things but its behaviour can't be explained. A system trained on a list of bad words would find new and inventive ways of being sh*t, seeing naughty words everywhere even if they aren't. Since they can't explain the thing, but the thing must be right, they just say vaguely that "the system" has decided, "for security".

tl;dr if you see someone advocating word filters, give them a wedgie. If they are ML people, make them hit themselves so hard they give themselves a concussion.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

StillFullyTerrible posted:

jacobin already deleted the tweet, but lol

Was zur Hölle

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Yeah, the problem is that the function has a lot of repeat code, but also if/then slides are really wasteful. Generally, you'd try to use a more efficient approach.

Python code:
def is_even(number: int) -> bool:
    ending_to_even = {
        '0': True,
        '1': False,
        '2': True,
        '3': False,
        '4': True,
        '5': False,
        '6': True,
        '7': False,
        '8': True,
        '9': False
    }
    return ending_to_even[str(number)[-1:]]
See, you only need to look at the last part of a number to deduce whether it is even or not. So you can basically write this implementation in two lines, as Data Graham has said. (It's in multiple lines for readability, but this is two lines of actual code)

:v:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

:hmmyes:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I tried coming up with a really convoluted joke answer but accidentally reinvented the wheel.

Python code:
def if_even(number: int) -> bool:
    return not number & 1
I think I'd slap anyone who gave this as an honest answer, though.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

The Grammar Aryan posted:

Look at you savages, not commenting your code.

code:
<xsl:template name="check_evenness">
	<xsl:param name="number"/>
	<xsl:param name="traceback_template"/>

<!-- Let's just check we haven't accidentally passed in a string by doing math on it -->
	<xsl:variable name="string_test" select="$number -1"/>

<xsl:choose>
		<xsl:when test="empty($number)">
			<xsl:message>Hey there buddy, where did you come from? Are you lost?
			 Let's get you back to your parent template, <xsl:value-of select="$traceback_template/></xsl:message>
		</xsl:when>
		<xsl:when test="$number %2 = 0">EVEN</xsl:when>
		<xsl:otherwise>ODD</xsl:otherwise>
	<xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

:stare: You win.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Regarde Aduck posted:

Being found out as a programmer is the lose state right?

Being a programmer is the lose state; publicly admitting to it makes you thread material.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Grraarrgghh posted:

He is friends with, regularly interacts on Twitter with, and has done podcasts with Ian Miles Cheong. If he's not full chud, he is extremely chud-adjacent.

As someone that used to really like his poo poo, this was a very saddening blow when other goons brought it to my attention.

That's surprising considering how consistently he has shat on the right in his videos. You could take any CoD video and find at least a paragraph about the lovely politics in those games. Even in the last one which barely features CoD because he praised Disco Elysium for most of it instead.

It's disappointing, too…welp.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

hallo spacedog posted:

"shod and Freud"

Heilige Scheiße :negative:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Flint_Paper posted:

Tom is not the idiot:

https://twitter.com/TNeenan/status/1326183284381016065?s=19

(Oh god this government is so beyond incompetent I genuinely don't know they dress themselves)

:lmao:

I originally saw the headline on The Guardian's site and thought :jerkbag: and skipped it.

Amazing.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Data Graham posted:

If you don’t know how to use the word “bias” you are not allowed to argue about its related topics, sorry those are the new rules

The crazy thing here is that this specific misuse is a marker for online chuddery. If you see someone use "bias" as an adjective, it's literally always a trumpist dipshit.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Cicadalek posted:

The classic freemason symbol, Pyramid With An Eye Outside It Somewhere

:hmmyes:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

It's synonymous with "A genre I just made up" and it's perfectly normal to say. I'm afraid you're the IoSM today, OP.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Hat der Lack gesoffen oder was?

Well, I've always had a bad view of Volkswirte, so maybe they aren't just figuratively Nazis :thunk:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Stoatbringer posted:

I've got a great UDP joke, but you might not get it.

It hurts when IP :(

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

hawowanlawow posted:

40% miscellaneous

𝖂𝖎𝖊 𝕭𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖊⸘⸘ :mad:

Re: Sex: A game having actual eroticism in it would be an interesting change. I don't think there's a specific reason why games couldn't do what photography, paintings, books can do. It's just that the idea of erotic content in games is extremely DA-esque.

I've been mining DA for thread content by putting place names into the search bar. I should not have searched for "Flensburg"…

e: hold on, this is not the DA thread. Well, are you people lucky I didn't find anything good

Antigravitas has a new favorite as of 17:38 on Feb 6, 2021

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I saw last night Snopes having to debunk an "Antifa Membership Card" featuring Eisenhower. These people can't conceive of abstract things like ideology or philosophy, to them everything has to be akin to a company with people in charge directing underlings to do their bidding (i.e. how they like their party to work).

To them Antifa is basically Spectre; there can't just exist a very large demographic loosely tied together by the idea that authoritarian white supremacists are bad.

It's ridiculous because those "membership cards" are always so over the top and obviously not real.

People who fall for those are basically the same who fall for these:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

VinylonUnderground posted:

There isn't much to do in Hannover and sometimes it leaks out into the rest of the country. Even the cool parts.

Like where, Braunschweig?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Data Graham posted:

Like remember when Domino's had the "30 minutes or it's free" guarantee? And they had to drop it because delivery drivers were blowing reds and taking insane risks to not have to eat poo poo from their boss when they got back after taking 31 minutes to get somewhere?

Wait, Snow Crash was real?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Would've expected them to show off a Luger instead.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

An Hacker news posted:

This isn't just planes, this seems to be everything nowadays. Fission was discovered in 1938/1939 and we dropped two bombs on Japan in 1945. No chance we could do something like that in this toxic environment of today.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

"gently caress you, got mine": culinary edition.