Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I've got a photo of a moon for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
oh let me tell you about ravenclaw my man

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Visions is an amazing album and Kill V Maim is one of the best songs ever, but it's no doubt she's a bit loony.

Her KEXP performance is a great example of her being a regular kid with no idea that she was at the beginning of her insane trajectory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ5XUw4qHZo

Then again, a video of any one of us from 2012 would be an example of the same (ed: not expressing musical talent while sitting on a floor in a radio station in seattle, but rather being totes ignorant of the coming tsunami of ... well look around i guess)

captainOrbital has a new favorite as of 19:24 on May 6, 2020

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Look, I don't agree with cars going north or cars going south.

I'm not happy with cars going east either, really, and cars going west, well that's just not right.

I'm safest where I am right here. It's fine.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Oh no I am scared of the Red

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Why not just go to Timmy's?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
D'souza, Tim Pool, Paul J Watson, and IMC.

Four-way Dumb-off.

WHO WILL REIGN

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

captainOrbital posted:

D'souza, Tim Pool, Paul J Watson, and IMC.

Four-way Dumb-off.

WHO WILL REIGN

EL BROMANCE posted:

Imagine how stupid someone would have to be to tweet alongside Bill Mitchell and be considered the idiot in the conversation.

Speaking of which, Bad Covid Takes has a chain just of his tweets, and last I looked they hit 60. Probably more since. The guy just extraordinarily stupid and should probably be studied for science purposes.

HOW DID I FORGET ABOUT BILL MITCHELL

WHY DID I HAVE TO REMEMBER

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Seems like he takes that stupid aphorism about omelettes and eggs too seriously.

Breaking eggs is a necessary first step in the making of an omelette, not an occasional, rare, but unavoidable mishap. Accidentally shooting TVs and dogs is avoidable and unnecessary. Even for his dumb rear end.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I've let my kids hold guns before, and even took my oldest son to the range when he asked (pre COVID obv).

I want to avoid that whole "what is it about my forbidden closet of mystery" thing and also drill into their heads the basic and most important rule: A gun is always loaded. Especially when you KNOW it isn't. In the off chance that they ever find a gun in the wild I want them to have this poo poo be instinctual.

PS that's my son in my avatar, given to me by a mod in a thread about Iron Maiden some time ago. He turns 17 today. Happy Birthday, kid. o7

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I get the impression that some of these dudes are miming those "operators" that walk around the middle east committing war crimes for private contractors.

To kill is the coolest possible thing. Those who have killed are pretty cool, but those who kill as a matter of course: those we must idolize and emulate.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Biplane posted:

That's america alright

Are we any good in a vacuum or do we only have worth in comparison to other human beings? Can we feel like we have worth without being better than others? As much as america sucks and americans suck, there are a lot of people in general that haha isn't it ironic

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Yeah, and obv I keep them locked, and the key is on my keyring that is on my person. I don't even think the kids know where i keep it but rule 2 or 3 should probably be like: always assume the kids know where the gun is and where the key to the gun is.

Derail tax:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Pththya-lyi posted:

I was a 90s kid and there were definitely a lot of children's and YA books by women authors floating around back then. I heard of Beverly Cleary, Lois Duncan, K.A. Applegate, and Jane Yolen before I ever heard of J.K. Rowling. This person's full of poo poo.

E: Oh, and Judy Blume. How could I forget Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing?

I used to love reading The Mouse and The Motorcycle and the Beezus/Ramona books and Ellen Tebbbits when I was a kid. I still say boing when I pull on my wife's curls.

Beverly Cleary, is btw, still (knock on wood) alive. Just try holding a candle to her, rowling.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

And as much as they love being oppressed, they still can't help but take shots at people: the leg stubble on the people burning Rowling at the stake.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
what's up, my p-zoms

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Necrothatcher posted:

it seems so much more exciting to live in the world of a crazy person

It's not so much exciting as it is making sense. hear me out...

I was just going to hit submit reply at this point bc it would be funnier, but. Some people like to live in a world where everything happens for a reason.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
this is literally the dumbest argument

nobody wants kids to get run over and nobody wants cops to make MORE money

I reported this account for being extremely hateful towards literally anyone that wasn't a white Christian. She was especially abusive toward Jewish people. hoooo boy

captainOrbital has a new favorite as of 20:45 on Jul 9, 2020

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

FFT posted:

wait is magenta considered the official ace color?

That's not magenta

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
damned if you mine

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I have nary a problem understanding scots usually, but bring me an ac/dc singer with a flat cap and a tank top and I'm completely lost

ed: or i guess a pro motorcycle racer with huge sideburns

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Inceltown posted:

Gympie Gympie

gently caress that plant. I'm only afraid of two things in life: fear itself and the Gympie Gympie.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

jjack229 posted:

I had never heard of this plant before and this sounds terrible:

quote:

The hairs cause an extremely painful stinging sensation that could last from several hours to 1–2 days, recurring to a lessening degree for several months or more whenever the area is touched, exposed to water, or subjected to temperature change.

Well, that's a bit of a relief, at least. Human bodies aren't usually subjected to temperature changes or touching, or exposed to water.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Dewgy posted:

Nah, Deathly Hallows was longer than that chart says. My copy ends on page 759.

You should see the large print edition!

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I used to like all those Clancy books when I was a kid, but man have I aged well.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Huh so THAT's a "fruit machine" man pubs are weird

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Baron von Eevl posted:

A lot of people seem to be taking the angle that "calling it an upset is demeaning to her and implies that she didn't deserve the win" and I kinda get where they're coming from. Also the actual article has some lovely takes in it.

Well, it's the loving NY Post. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt (tho obv the meaning of the word upset depends on whether it's a noun or an adjective this language is so dumb)

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
the sculptor is a chinese woman you dork rear end losers

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Takoluka posted:

I cannot think of a single reason for the average person to own a truck.

You talk a lot of big game

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

He’s right, though.

A stopped clock in "military time" is only right once a day.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
My chart of California boat parades (republican) is simply not big enough for this election cycle.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

CAROL posted:

Yeah what’s the deal with that anyway. He looks like he’s middle aged and likes memes from 2009. is he a time monster

Interesting; he's the antigreta. We're going to find out soon that a few years ago he killed her.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

science and biology is basically just... whatever my phone's predictive text you can send the money in my gallery and i can get home and i like a great idea.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Euphoriaphone posted:

Madison Cawthorne is a candidate? I first saw him on a "Conservatives that leftists are scared to debate" TikTok that was a montage of real but fake-sounding names, like that Japanese baseball game.

mmm... mlurp

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
The twist: the book was Atlas Shrugged

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
They 100% deserve to be sued the hell out of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Skwirl posted:

I think the vast majority of people who played Witcher 3 did not play the first two games.

Yeah, I'm in that group. I liked Witcher 3 a lot. I played it in Italian with English subtitles. It was all OOOOHHH! OOOOOOOOOOOHH! get atta heeeeee

Also not planning on buying Cyberpunk for quite a while. I have lots of games to mess around with.