Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Memento posted:

https://twitter.com/bertkreischer/s...441448440246272

gently caress's sake lad, there's April Fools jokes that don't hurt anyone and then there's April Fool's jokes that get people to go out and stock up on a medication that's being taken off shelves because it causes cancer.

lol that guy was on an episode of the dollop and was the worst guest they've had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

My dumb rear end was actually talking about microwave oven microwaves, since I thought if it were possible to run it while the door was open then that would be harmful to people.

that makes me think of how my grandma is on her second microwave ever, which my aunts got for her last year when grandpa passed-

the first was purchased in the 1960s, and was a beige box with a mechanical egg timer and an on/off switch, and that's it. No power settings, no auto-timer, no shutoff when the door is open. She would commonly open it mid-cook to rotate or stir the food while the magnetron was still going

She's pushing 90 and says it hasn't harmed her, but that's probably because the thing was running at only like 300 watts

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I know two Kyles and neither fit that stereotype.

I heard the Trashfuture Podcast (which is good and funny) use the more colorful "guy from Nebraska named Kevin", and it was very funny because I know a guy from Nebraska named Kevin and he is a sweet and anxious nerdy fella with a dece income working at a non-profit who would only put a hole in a wall because a cat is stuck in there

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

also I have experienced the "male Karen" as a bartender; it is the boomer guy who does not directly confront, or ask to see the manager, but loudly and passively says to nobody and everybody, "this is the worst martini I've ever had"

this guy In thinking of in particular looked like a Chet

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

There are no remaining Garys under 35.

lol out here in the rural parts there are kids and young men named Garrison; rarely Gareth though

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

lmao "We found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Biden, beyond a specific pattern of sexual misconduct"

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Data Graham posted:

It has some real "you absolute weapon" energy imo.

but with none of the piercing connotation

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

EasilyConfused posted:

You're not supposed to use a flattering picture for these sorts of things. He looks so friendly!

that meme is for miserable people who are always suspicious when people are friendly to them

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

sugar mouse posted:

Really not an idiot here. Although lots of us have issues with the concept of the monarchy, we're actually pretty fond of the Queen.

She's in her nineties and still working. Jesus.

yeah thats brain worms

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

I like the "howl at the moon at 8pm for no reason" one tho the fb group that kicked it off is hot garbage

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Tony Phillips posted:

A little more Nancy:

my favorite boomer memes are the ones that explain the joke

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Like, were ancient Egyptians completely calm and rational about the literal biblical plague?

Also that crack about "oh no, not my firstborn puppy" most children have either millenial or younger parents. They know there are still small children out there right, how old do they think the parents of those children are?

I'm a millennial, my only child did not survive birth, and a decade later I'm not sensitive about it anymore but also haven't been able to rly have a meaningful romantic relationship so, completely rad to see that compared to a puppy litter with a less than 100% survival rate

Also lmao whyyyy would they make a tweet that seems to make the ten plagues look like they weren't a big deal??

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

when someone vaguely on the left posts 'simp' i just see a poster pathetically scrambling to use the cool new internet word without giving a poo poo where it came from or what it means

it's not unlike a lonely teen misguidedly trying to curry favor on an xbox live server by saying n-slurs

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I'm normally supportive of sex work but findom and findom adjacent stuff just really strikes me as unethical. Like, we say its good to take money from incels, and i would agree, but I think the genuine incels are too hateful towards women to pay them. The dudes actually spending money on findom are probably just sad dudes with massive self esteem issues. They should be spending that money on therapy, rather than seeking out mean girls to bully them for their lunch money.

lmao what do you think incels are, confident and happy people?

an incel's hatred is often cloaking the vulnerability of unfulfilled desire- and it's not like misogyny makes desire for women go away; would that it did

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

Goddamn some people really do worship the Royals don't they

everyone should, they're great, have a triptych

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

ohohoho i can ignore what they're saying thanks to my good pal pedantry

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

you might think its bad to continue the cycle of taking culture from an oppressed people to provide entertainment and self-promotion at no benefit to the people you have stolen from, but have you considered, how to say 'the', in afrikaans??

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

Have you considered the fact that many common American dialects exist with da in them and that writing it out could just as easily be a product of picking those up?

that's clearly not what they meant and i hope you know that

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

look buddy plenty of army rangers wear blackface to do their jobs and, besides, you're white so you telling me where i shouldn't put my shoe polish is the actual oppression

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Pastry of the Year posted:

Peanut Butler, Vincent, I'm sure the two of you have gone to bed, but this is an Official Ask that the two of you don't wake up with a head full of To Be Continued, and maybe give each other a wide berth; several reports led me to this goofy little cockfight and I don't think anyone has any desire to read any more of it.

ty for the warn, I have already forgotten abt it and am not rly the posting enemies type

content:

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Tiggum posted:

Like, back when cash was a thing,

as a poor bankless person in eagle freedom land: oof

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Magna Kaser posted:

Yeah when I was in the US recently in the before times at the beginning of 2020, my friend thankfully reminded me to leave a tip at a cash only coffee place and I was so caught out and didn’t have many smaller bills I just threw a 5 at the person for a 2 dollar coffee and left cuz I didn’t wanna awkwardly ask for change.

Tipping is bad lol

tipping is bad and has its origins in post-civil war methods of making sure black people didn't get paid as much, if at all

what you'd do there tho is give em the five, they give you back three, you give them back one- but you also probably made that baristas day with a triple tip!

i am a fan of ghosting the tip, where you get a $4 bar item, hand a $5 over, leave with drink while the bartender is making change

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

FFT posted:

Tipped labor as explicitly codified into wage laws as a way for employers to pay employees less than minimum wage is distinct from tipping as a concept.

lol in a society without prejudice, maybe, but it's an individualist solution for a collective problem and in that system, a black fella doing the same quality labor as a white fella in Alabama (or, gently caress, almost anywhere in the US) is making less under even the most well-considered tipping situation

idk if you are a USAian- if you are, open your eyes to how this hurts marginalized people who might be seen as less acceptable because of their genetics. If you're not, lol, you have no idea what its like to live in hellcountry

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

AlbieQuirky posted:

I mean, many many years ago when I worked in a music library, we tweaked the cataloging order so that CD 1003 was a recording of Don Giovanni. Its not super difficult to stack the deck with stuff like that.

yah i was gonna say, there are like a thousand ways to sort magic cards, they all have several unique characteristics

citation: having been a teenager who obsessively tried to work out a sorting system while watching dbz

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Hello Sailor posted:

They should announce an expansion pack that just adds a ruler named A. Whiteman (with a false historical background that falls apart the instant anyone researches it at all), who has max stats in everything, and is available to rule any country for campaigns that start in 1488. Then compare the number of complaints received to the average number of complaints for the ones that added more women/Jews/etc.

e: Also, a Venn diagram of those complaint categories and forums users.

imho, they should not, in fact, do that

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

this is a new one to me

"black lives obviously already matter because police bother to arrest them so much"

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

T-man posted:

Cops don't arrest the homeless? News 2 me

i think that dude lives in a town of like 10,000 and has never seen a homeless person in his life aside from maybe a guy who unofficially lives at the VFW or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Adam Ford, yeah, signed his cartoons Adam 4D, and iirc is a convert to evangelical christianity

used to get posted a lot in the politoons thread, idk maybe still is, i stopped reading it so my blood pressure doesn't get to kurosawa dismemberment levels