Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Elviscat posted:

I thought the French Nobility had already been dealt with thusly.

They flip-flopped back and forth between re-instituting empire/monarchy and republicanism before settling on the Third republic. Nobility was restored a few times during, and still exists in a form even if they aren't recognized officially or given political power.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_nobility#Nobility_since_the_Revolution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Oh yeah, sword guy.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Anora posted:

Ohhh, thats a list of cool people (Mostly, I know corps aren't good), was just very confused until I saw who posted the list.

Also, LoL, OAG, good luck playing games with both Sony and Microsoft on that list. What's he gonna do, go board game only?

Steam App on tablet playing hentai dating sims

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Skwirl posted:

Was he Muslim Muslim or Nation of Islam Muslim?

Ice Cube - When Will They Shoot, 1992 posted:

I met Farrakhan and had dinner
And you ask if I'm a five-percenter, well
No, but I go where the brothers go
Down with Compton Mosque, Number 54
Made a little dough, still got a sister on my elbow

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Kantesu posted:

Ignoring the obvious dumbness of "Australia is in Europe and uses the Euro," pointing out the exchange rate isn't an immediately stupid thing. Of course, assuming that number is AUD (an Australian site uses the same number so this seems reasonable) and doing the exchange, 19.84 AUD is...15.30 USD.

It's a troll account, I'm pretty sure.

https://twitter.com/Nedsfeed/status/1353539625499942914

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Bobby Digital posted:

Cait is not the idiot

something something only have one joke

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

quote:

Agincourt

Hey guys, remember when Henry V used trumped up claims to the crown of France and forced thousands of peasants to die in a war, only for himself to die of dysentery soon after winning and have his nutball son lose it all? Truly, a proud moment that should still be celebrated reverently in the modern day.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Read After Burning posted:

Some folks also think this guy is just doing a bit, so who knows.

He's retweeting things like this, so it's def a bit.

https://twitter.com/OkSteev/status/1383145308021010435

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Pththya-lyi posted:

One day the transit nerds and the rocketry nerds will meet in bloody battle, until we realize we need to unite against our common enemy: the austerity nerds

The two Kingdoms united under one Lord.

https://transformers.fandom.com/wiki/Astrotrain_(G1)

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
The last time the UK won a war against France was when they had the rest of Europe backing them up.

Welp.

Before that the only time they won was with Henry V, and everything he gained was quickly reversed after he died of dysentery.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

RFC2324 posted:

The British are the monty python black knight of nations

I love how British people talk about "foreign invaders" being a bad thing for them, when the only things noteworthy about their history and culture came from foreign invaders (including the times when they begged foreigners to invade them).

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

tight aspirations posted:

Boudicca was foreign? And I'm not sure that dismissing Celtic/ ancient British culture as "non-noteworthy" would work well in Wales, Cornwall or Scotland.

Plenty of culture and folklore derives from Celtic/ ancient British people who've inhabited the British Isles for a drat long time. I see a lot of it and the effects it has on modern culture every day, and I think it's pretty offensive to dismiss it.

And I don't think that saying foreign invaders, such as the Romans, Vikings, Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Normans et al did their utmost to suppress and destroy that culture is actually untrue.

In fact I'm not sure this wasn't a pretty racist statement, all things considered.

So much to unpack about this post.

First off, I wasn't talking about the Iceni or any of the ancient cultures that inhabited the islands prior to Romanization. I was talking about modern gammon assholes bitching about foreigners coming into their country and taking over.

Also, last I checked the nations that identified their history and cultures coming from the celtic peoples the most (Welsh, Cornish, Scots, Irish) were not fans of being called "British". Britishness is more of an English concept, that they took from the Romans.

In fact, the modern concept of Great Britain was first pushed by James I, who for all intents and purposes a "foreigner" who "took over" England. James IV of Scotland couldn't wait for Elizabeth I to die off so he could inherit via his ties to the House of Tudor. The Tudors were also Welsh "foreigners who took over" when they married into the Plantagenet family (french foreigners who took over).

Also, I find it funny the idea that an American (me) would be found as being racist against the British. As if the British were a race, rather than a concept invented by elitist aristocrats for the purposes of nationalist propaganda. Also that white limeys could ever be victims of racism. Jolly good. Pip-pip. Wot.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Skwirl posted:

We can all agree that a nation that once controlled so much of the world they would openly brag about "The sun never sets on the British Empire" bitching about foreigners is pretty loving hilarious though, right?

British Nationals who'd retired to southern Spain being forced to go back to Britain because they voted leave is also funny.

How dare you criticize the legacy of Boudicca?!

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Skwirl posted:

They're British, but they aren't English (or maybe I have that backwards).

Even I, a Yankee, know better than to call a Scotsman "British".

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
I will say that there is one significant event in British history that did not involve foreigners taking over.

Oh wait, George III the guy who lost the colonies was from Hanover. nvm

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Regarde Aduck posted:

So who is this British person you are denigrating? The one with all foreign influence removed. Are you mocking the Saxons here? Or indigenous peoples? Are you mocking the Iceni? Also lol at the dual opinions that the British have no culture or history of their own but also ruled half the world at one point. Not a good thing, no, but lol at the desperation to talk smack.

Calm down, John Bull.

https://vimeo.com/437542256

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Otana posted:

There's a lot to unpack in the crazy Scientologist babysitter list, but the thing that made me the saddest is that they don't even capitalize one of the kid's names. :(

Perhaps the kid had questions about The Bridge, thus the parents labeled him a PTS/SP and grounded him from capitalization until he raised his Tone Scale.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Ahh so a stupid rear end in a top hat, in other words.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Josef bugman posted:

Augustus' greatest admitted vice was gambling/playing with dice so I think he might have been the first.

"The die is cast." - Gaius Julius Caesar, famous wargamer

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
All you need to do to beat a hippo is consume more white marbles than it does.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

EL BROMANCE posted:

but *coroner* warning?!

"Weed kills" - some white news lady

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
The amount of crying laughter emojis he uses as he responds to everyone telling him how much of an rear end in a top hat he is sure is a thing.

Also,
https://twitter.com/jonnyfallon/status/1395514829838995457
https://twitter.com/jonnyfallon/status/1395726707001282563

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
If they're evangelical, their "jewish friend" is "anyone in control of the holy land in order to allow the Battle of Har Megiddo to happen so The Rapture can finally kick off".

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Andos El Pantos posted:

Does "Jabroni" have any problems associated with it? It's such a middle of the road insult that people usually don't see it coming and it tends to punch above it's weight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOCAfIWw2H0

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Remember when Fox and Friends got upset over Wonder Woman wearing pants and a jacket in the comics? Do you think any of those soulless spite-golems ever read Wonder Woman?

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Celina 52 Truck Stop is a parody page.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

NorgLyle posted:

I want to know more. I need to try to understand what this person thinks happens in court and in the mind of the willing death penalty applicant.

You aren't the only one wanting to know.

https://twitter.com/TheJayTucker/status/1403363449925668867

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Byzantine posted:

gently caress Venice.

Sorry, you're not getting your bronze horses back.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Remember when the People's Republic of China fell for the Onion?

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Hihohe posted:

Just lol if you dont come from a long line of liars, cheats, and murderers. Can you even call yourself an American?

I'm related to Ezra Ross, a 16 year old who banged Bathsheba Spooner, got her pregnant, murdered her husband with help from two other dudes, tried, convicted, and executed in 1778 with the whole lot (along with the pregnant Bathsheba).

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Skwirl posted:

There was a brief moment I thought they renamed polio after wrestler Ric Flair.

Like how ALS is also called Lou Gehrig's disease.

"Yeah, my kid can't walk, he's got Ric Flair's disease."

*child struts past, goes "woooo", then flops forward on his face"

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Ror posted:

I always enjoy the genre of "I would be the ultimate military operator, if only I had joined" and there have been a lot in that vein this week

I like the inclusion of the Imperial Aquila from Warhammer 40,000 on what seems to be someone's home-built Exitus Sniper Rifle for cosplaying a Vindicate Assassin.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Howard and Nestor-lookin' rear end

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Unperson_47 posted:

I'll never trust a bowtie nor the person wearing it

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Unperson_47 posted:

wanna see coked-up bob backlund debate trump

I mean, is this goofy heel promo from '95 any worse than Trump's programs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICNXZZN9iQQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

DreadUnknown posted:

PETA is run by some real pieces of work, like they got mad at Games Workshop for having space vikings with alien space wolf pelts sculpted on them. Literally a playing piece for a game.
Not a real wolf.
They loving stupid.

There are no wolves on Fenris, PETA! :colbert: