Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Two pages late but gimme a calico plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

What the gently caress is binet and why is it a thing today?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I hope they just keep holding up progressively bigger Bibles.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

you broke my grill posted:

The problem with millennials is they only submit applications online and that's why it takes 100 applications. If you really want to get a job you need to pound the pavement, walk into an office, hand your resume to the bossman, look him in the eye, give him a firm handshake, and tell him, "I'm your man!"

The bossman:

"Don't give this guy a loving job, he didn't pay attention to the 'apply online' thing on the website"

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

ultrafilter posted:

If you have reflux problems sleeping on your right side is a little risky. For someone without that issue, it's totally fine.

You know what? I buy it. I'm gonna do some research on my own sleep patterns over the next week.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

American schools teach that monarchy was an awful, despotic form of government to live under, and isn't it amazing our demigod-like Founding Fathers broke those chains and created the almighty, infallible position of the President. Now memorize every single one of them we've ever had without actually learning anything about how the position is meant to function or how hosed up our legislative and judicial branches of government are.

20 years ago maybe

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Haha I'm going to use that comparison a lot, it's pretty funny. Probably not satire, though

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Hitman's developer IOI had a game called Freedom Fighters, where you are the guerrilla resistance when the US gets invaded by China or Russia or something. It definitely has a good message. When I came back from Iraq I got it and it really hit hard how the game's antagonists call you everything that the United States called Iraqis and Afghanis. It is blatantly obvious that it's meant to be anti-imperialismt o anyone that was politically minded back then and I credit it with breaking my rah rah USA mind.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Jesus gently caress, a house fire is like a bazillion times more likely to happen to you than a serial killer breaking into your house and is also a really lovely way to die. You should probably have a good lock for your door, but not one so secure it might make leaving your house too hard in an actual emergency.

Even weirder cause Israel Keyes set a house on fire.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Scratch Monkey posted:

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1389565059735638020?s=20

Note to natives: next time try to live up to white people standards if you want to be considered human and don't want to get genocided. It's pretty simple, really

Natives picked up chattel slavery to try to live up to white people's standards, didn't help.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Just heard a chud that has unfortunately inserted himself into my life tell that joke at my son's birthday party. I loving hate it.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I'd wager good money those doses go to whatever sort of port staff needs it.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Turned out pretty well https://twitter.com/mrmaxxxpleasure/status/1413256041400356868?s=19

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Can we go back to the trolling vs trawling derail? That was fun.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

There's no way she does drugs out of a bag, either. Probably a gold box holds her cocaine in just a big rear end pile

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

There's a loving song about it and everything

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Name's Bill. Bill Codename.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

rodbeard posted:

I'll always remember Billy Joel as the guy who sang about how it wasn't a big deal that he drives drunk.

Billy Joel tried to kill himself by drinking Pledge. He has made some poor choices in life.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Invalid point of view but right concept. Agriculture and industry waste more water in a week than all those personal water saving measures could do in hundreds of years.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

FFT posted:

Well yeah, otherwise you'd say you got a degree or degrees in whatever.

"I majored in $subject before getting a degree in $othersubject", "I majored in $subject before I dropped out"

Your "major" is just what you intend to get a degree in.

"I was a philosophy major" and "I have a degree in philosophy" can mean two very different things, despite the fact that both would be true for the second speaker.

Dennis and Dee had a fight about this.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

hrm yeah nobody ever had burnout from fighting in a war. Now shut up and let dad drink an entire bottle of whisky alone or he'll beat the poo poo out of you

My grandfather fought in the Korean war and he was always so stoic and just like moved on with life without complaining. One day, about two years before he died, he broke down in an elevator and told me how the horrors of war kept him awake and ruined his loving life

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

There is a pretty consistent throughline among right wing thinkers where other people should suffer because it's proper, and anyone who objects is weak, while simultaneously living insulated from the consequences of their desires.

I think the idea of "luxury beliefs" is pretty intriguing, definitely some flaws in dude's explaining of it but it sure helps explain a lot.

https://robkhenderson.substack.com/...eisure%20Class.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

Uhhhh, he's literally saying that left wing ideas are actually a thing that only rich people want because they don't suffer from the problems that left wing politics seeks to address...

which is literally the 100% opposite of what I was saying and also reality.

Dude seems like a colossal idiot.

https://twitter.com/robkhenderson/status/1615066014793826324?cxt=HHwWqIC8yfj-7uksAAAA

I'm ot making an endorsement of the dude, sorry if it came across that way. His idea is interesting if you look at it like the normal projection thing that conservatives usually do. Like that financial advisor's post about how you should invest in property and not a car and a guy responded "dude I'm just trying to get to work"

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

I'd say the real "luxury beliefs" are beliefs like "I should be able to order GrubHub but we should have the cops stationed to ticket delivery bikers". Or "We shouldn't build more housing but I don't want to see any homeless people". Beliefs that demand luxury at the expense of the invisible, totally alienated from material conditions.

Yea this is kind of what I was getting at. People who think "something should be done about the homeless" but that something is making homelessness illegal and absolutely nothing else is a luxury belief. You don't have to deal with the impact of your beliefs, or what happens when they fail. But you look more astute and socially conscious than your friends at brunch, so that's a thing you're gonna say.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Coolness Averted posted:

boomers don't even remember the shows they're pining for. Archie Bunker was a bufoon the audience was supposed to laugh at. That was the point. He wasn't a working class hero who just said it like it is, he was a cantankerous old man who was pigheaded and wrong. A bunch of other characters were also played for laughs, but idolizing him is missing the point about as much as treating Patrick Bateman as a cool dude.

From the generation that lost their poo poo over two girls kissing in a cartoon.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Boywhiz88 posted:

Uhhh. Rosa Parks wasn’t in the back of the bus, like her whole thing was sitting at the front and refusing to move for a white person.

Nope, she was sitting in the black section of the bus and the driver came back and said the first four rows of that section were now white only, making more room for the whites up front, she refused to move.

What's even wilder is thst there was a law on the books that said no person should be made to move if they needed to adjust the number of seats in any section and you were already sitting down.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I like Fable and am hyped for the new game I just found out about.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

90s alt rock band Third Eye Blind's lead singer is a kinda hip eco warrior guy but oh my god what a way to lose everyone.

Nws link

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ctzfvf9MSGE/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Nws picture

Heart mod edit: do not inline nudity, even if it is spoilered!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody has a new favorite as of 00:30 on Jun 24, 2023

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Grem posted:

90s alt rock band Third Eye Blind's lead singer is a kinda hip eco warrior guy but oh my god what a way to lose everyone.

Nws link

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ctzfvf9MSGE/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

This got deleted now you guys missed out on hasbeens trying to stay relevant. Or I dunno what the thought process here was.

mod edit: removed inline nudity

Somebody has a new favorite as of 00:30 on Jun 24, 2023

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

Okay this is extremely funny calling AEW competition.AEW wishes it was WCW. It’s more like a weaker TNA

An insanely stupid take

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

credburn posted:

I just feel like you gotta have some high level of narcissism to post a picture of yourself crying. You can't get more performative in a still image.

gently caress off with your criticize of my 19 year old self on MySpace going through a fight with my girlfriend and her friends are being mean to me, too.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

What's a Deves?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

tokin opposition posted:

What's the attacks guy keeps going on about? The gently caress happened?

It could be a ton of things. It looks fun but can also be deeply, deeply stupid and dangerous.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Grimes shouldn't be allowed to wait until the last minute, survey her competition, make a gameplan, then drop the obvious front runner for worst tweet of the year

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Tumblers seem like a really bad name for a thing supposed to hold your drink.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Vapor Moon posted:

What's the problem with missing Bowie?

Do you go around like that sad sack of sick Charlie Brown with it? NO, you go on with your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Maybe I missed this little follow up to this lovely article but it is pretty funny.

https://twitter.com/RandyHeyyyy/status/1758000692088770634