Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

I checked his page and yes, hes just an open Nazi.

Yeah his profile picture is his face superimposed on a Nazi symbol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

There's no male version of barbecue Becky because racist white dudes do far worse things than calling the cops.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

letthereberock posted:

To be fair about 1 in 5 rock songs from the 70s and 80s were specifically about lusting after underage girls.

Little Richard dated an underage girl to keep up appearances because that was socially acceptable but being gay wasn't.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

RFK should have just walked it off instead of being such a baby it was only a .22.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Wage theft is more than all other theft combined in the U.S.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

If you want Q Anon for Taylor Swift, there was also a big thing in all the white supremacist forums where they were convinced that she was a secret nazi, entirely on the grounds that she's never explicitly said otherwise, and presumably because of all the winks and nudges people looking for conspiracies always manage to find. It kind of petered out when she endorsed Hillary and blasted Trump in 2016, but it was very much a thing.

I'm sure most any celebrity has at least one following of internet broke brains deep in some bizzarre rabbit hole.

Too be fair Taylor Swift is a rich white southerner so it was a safe bet.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Bobby Digital posted:

Deleted pretty quickly but I grabbed a screenshot while it was up

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/p...ping-brutality/

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Moon Slayer posted:

Then they'd better not do it with quotes that are extremely racist.

Thank you. I've been meaning to type up a big effort post about how even knowing the gimmick it makes me uncomfortable seeing huge walls of hate speech dumped without warning or context.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'm not well versed on Bosnia, but unless those direct quotes in that article are outright fabrications they are pretty damning. What am I supposed to be disagreeing with?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Blaming the Bosnias for being genocided by Serbs? Refusing to call this a genocide in contradiction to ruling of the International Court of Justice? The whole thing is genocide apologia and is trash, and is especially trash to post up a link to on the 25th anniversary of the genocide.

I am fully admitting I don't know poo poo about Bosnia because I was a small child and it's something that nobody really talks about anymore, but I was referring to this quote in the article:

quote:

Yes, I thought that the claims [about extermination camps] would help
trigger a bombing campaign by the western powers [against the Serbs]... I tried [to
provoke the bombing campaign] but my claims were false. There were no extermination
camps, even though conditions [in the detention camps] were terrible.

Assuming it's a real quote, it's the president of Bosnia openly admitting making the genocide up.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I think I've been inside too long because I read this as him physically travelling to the concept of nowhere to buy flowers for a date.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

The head of a major research publication made a crude sexual joke that people thought was unprofessional and the same people defending the guy are the same people that would be saying behind close doors that some people don't belong in the workplace because they can't take a joke. Somehow the takeaway from all this is people are upset about a worm being made fun of.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Jenny Nicholson could say that water is wet and some nerd would put out a 4 hour angry rant on youtube saying that she forgot about ice.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Totally real native American conveniently doesn't have any photos on Twitter.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

When Dan Snyder couldn't find any actual natives to pretend that the Redskins name wasn't offensive for money he ended up hiring a black dude with straightened hair who goes around pretending to be native for a living.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I proudly live under a rock and I still can't go more than 5 minutes without hearing about Taylor Swift, so I'd be annoyed with her even if she wasn't the female equivalent of a nice guy.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

How racists do you have to be to think Adam Driver looks better than Dev Patel?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

StillFullyTerrible posted:

Dan Aykroyd and Albert Einstein are both correct, but yeah that list is not great

Dan Aykroyd claims he was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome in the early 80's when it did not yet exist as a diagnosis. Asperger syndrome was only considered a separate thing from autism for a period of about 20 years.

Some people claim Spielberg is autistic as well and if it's true it explains how all of his child characters are basically written as tiny adults.

Being on the autism spectrum myself I get the impression that Dostoyevsky was or was close to an autistic person. There were far too many autistic traits in Prince Myshkin for it to be a coincidence.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Okay I looked up Joyce Carol Oates, but I still don't understand the point of splitting hairs over where the pedophile lawyer went to school.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

grittyreboot posted:

https://twitter.com/nfergus/status/...1005941760?s=19

Teens lip synching McElroy brothers bits and listing off which D&D classes are bottoms are the first wave of a full scale Chinese invasion.

Thank God.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

it's an implied "mfw"

The photo is supposed to be a reaction image but it also kind of makes it seem like that person was trying to gently caress a child.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'm trying to figure out why the poster thought it belonged in the thread and I'm speculating that they thought the random photo of a child was supposed to be the person being hit on in the joke instead of an unrelated reaction image.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

mng posted:

Life is just taking a neverending dump on the guy.

You are what you eat and he only eats disgusting piles of beef.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Bugsy posted:

I know the current status of the lobster leader was posted a page or so ago, but its a pretty wild ride.

https://twitter.com/RationalDis/sta...292933807058948

That book cover is supposed to be "look at us we have abs now", but all I see is "pounded in the butt by my giantess daughter"

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Why censor the name of a verified account?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

"Obama eats dogs" was a weird right wing Facebook type meme. I think because he spent some of his youth in Indonesia? The stereotype doesn't fit anything else in his background. I'm not sure I've ever even heard it applied to Indonesians but at least that's in the rough geographical ballpark.

The best part is he mentioned it in a book that came out in 2004 and it didn't become a right wing talking point until his reelection campaign which tells you how often a Republican opens a book.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

I am loath to make fun of anyone's appearance, but these two look like the result of exercises in drawing boardwalk caricatures. You would think they would put even *trivial* effort into looking good for official campaign photos.

WTF is going on with this picture. It's so off-putting to me that I thought it was fake somehow. I went on twitter to make sure that that was the actual photo they put out and not something somebody photoshopped to look bad. Matt looks like a cross between Seth McFarlane and the cover of Devo's first album. Laura looks like a bad police reconstruction of what somebody's bloated corpse might have looked like when she was alive.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Necrothatcher posted:

Where's the idiot?

In the picture kissing his granddaughter on the lips.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Attack on Titan started out like an anime version of The Walking Dead, but the plot twist partway through was the main characters finding out that they were the true master race and everything that was being sent at them was the rest of the world trying to hold them back.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Also it's not even true: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-aids-treatment

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I don't know I saw this more as a statement of facts rather than a defense of it. WWE has a pretty heavy right wing bent. Even Dwayne Johnson is more of a socially liberal fiscally conservative type than he lets on. He's smart enough to realize his actual political views don't mesh well with his image, but he is a lifelong republican.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

It's weirdly difficult to buy cheap stew meat. Everything that isn't a prime cut of meat is automatically turned into heavily processed food so the stew meat in stores is relatively expensive as a novelty for the people that grew up buying the cheapest thing they could find and slowcooking it until it was edible.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Dark Souls 2 word filter for some reason had Cleveland.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Yeah I get that hearing from a black Muslim woman director can offer a new perspective, but there are plenty of works of fiction and documentaries exploring similar themes without feeling the need to show 12 year old girls twerking in skin tight clothing.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Life finds a way.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Read After Burning posted:

I know of Boogie1488, but who is this Frank Hassle guy? Has he come up in this thread before?

Also, the memes that are editing Boogie into the New Vegas intro are pretty good.

Everyone involved is some flavor of alt-right

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

grittyreboot posted:

I don't know if Boogie's gonna catch a charge on this. I would imagine any attorney worth their salt would point out the other guy was stalking, harassing and possibly threatening him.

This happened in Arkansas so I don't imagine Boogie getting charged.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Len posted:

You're better than the people who used to run the day care I worked at

They got a deal on honey thickened apple juice at one point and we're going to serve that instead of apple juice and then someone pointed out you can't serve young kids honey

I'm not sure if you're aware or not but that's apple juice at the thickness of honey not thickened with honey. It's for people with medical conditions that weaken their epiglottis enough for them to be able to eat normal food without choking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Mega Comrade posted:

I think your overestimating how many people know about the various dumb secret symbols fascists use.
This a low budget, small crew show. I can totally see it getting past people. It's just very funny that when pointed out they tried to claim they'd done a background check.

It's only low budget in the sense that companies shoot reality shows in order to get out of paying actors and writers salaries. Sky is the largest media group in Europe and has basically infinite money to do due diligence and not hire very obvious Nazis. They knew enough to try to preemptively claim he didn't have Nazi tattoos so they don't get to feign ignorance.