Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Becky is slang for a woman, prolly white, who gives good head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I’d love it if when she dies, the Brits are like “actually who cares!?” And Charles gets hosed over one last time.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I remember when people would get up in arms about “Lottery of Babylon” posts, thinking they were legit and not realizing the gimmick. Is that much different then a “kill all cis-men?” post from T-Man, if they don’t like it, then don’t report it?

It’s LAB’s call and the forums aren’t a democracy or anything. I just don’t understand why anything specific is being called out, especially so generally that a lot of people are like “uhhhhh.” I’ve been following IOSM for probably 5-6 years, and it’s never been a problem before. I feel like some of this is people taking those comments too personally. V much a “Not ALL men!” reaction.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Clicking though to that guy’s profile then his “game company.” Can’t be recommended enough if you love buzzwords.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Skwirl posted:

What? I don't... what?

I mean, I had a gay uncle who married two different women, but the first time it was to a French friend who wanted to stay in America and the second time it was to a Scottish friend and he wanted to stay in Scotland.

That “LDS” at the end of his bio is probably the answer. In my experience, it means Latter Day Saints aka Mormons. Possibly just a super repressed dood.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

There’s a Facebook post circulating from the owner of the gas station that was expecting this tanker. It sounds like there is a chance of “he hosed up.” Rather than a wholly malicious action.

Just a heads up!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Mak0rz posted:

Lol no you dope he had to bypass countless signs and purposefully go around barricades.

Oh hey: https://www.startribune.com/truck-driver-didn-t-intend-to-hit-protesters-on-35w-bridge-state-officials-say/570925582/

They closed the interstates 2 hours earlier than the day before. I had no idea until I saw it on social media. So yeah, I can see someone making a mistake and loving up.

I live in the Cities. I want energy to go towards changes to MPD/SPPD. If some trucker made a mistake, then I don’t want people focusing on them.

Boywhiz88 has a new favorite as of 13:10 on Jun 2, 2020

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Yeah, it’s my birth year. I made the statement yesterday or whatever that i saw a post that the trucker was in that position because a local gas station called in a favor.

I’m more likely to believe that it’s a result of a bunch of things falling into line for a lovely result, rather than “man is so incensed to kill people on highway that he bypasses their roadblocks (without getting caught or noticed?), gets to the protest, and then slams on his breaks creating minimal injury and no loss-of-life.”

I’m having to watch all the people in my bougie, low-crime neighborhood freak out over loving nothing. There’s so much misinformation in the Twin Cities, intentional or otherwise, that yeah, I’m gonna step up for a slightly better explanation.

I’ve had nothing but negative run-ins with cops, SPPD has punched me in the back of the head while I was cuffed. You don’t know me, so don’t presume that you do. Meanwhile, I’ll keep focusing my disdain on actual CHUDs and the loving police.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I’m surprised he’s not upset that the police are creating more Dan Crenshaw-looking folks.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I’m a big fan of the Star Citizen fan who said the officers had been indicted and arrested yesterday when it just happened today. Like within the last few hours.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Also it’s dogshit syrup.

Source: me. I drank a bottle in a Supertroopers inspired stunt my senior year of high school.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Mak0rz posted:

Allow me to introduce you to Mrs. Butterworth

Just realized it was Mrs. Butterworth, not Jemima. But I’m sure it’s only marginally better.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

HIMBOL

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I wonder how much conspiracy and online bullshit comes from people not having real hobbies aside from media and Internet consumption. I dunno, I feel extremely online since I’ve been on message boards since 2000 and I’m only in my early 30s, but I don’t relate to any of that stuff.

I know part of it is online literacy and lovely ‘shops and seeing people fake identities in online communities for months/years and that was all by 15. I just feel like... isn’t there anything better for you to do? Read a real book? Go for walks regularly? Bake!? Cook!?

I get that there are people who do all this stuff and QAnon, but just... how do you get that way by your early 20s? And then make it a public persona? Sorry for the stream of consciousness, just some stuff that’s been on my mind lately.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Arsenic Lupin posted:

What's he got against Cesar Chavez? (is old)

They’re loving it up w Hugo Chavez probably.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Is there a "heartwarming people on social media" thread...?

The STDH thread?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

It’s great too because it was a “like,” not even a full retweet. But then she does a screenshot of that original tweet she liked and shares it as part of that thread, even though there wasn’t a single word missing.

Ugh. This is like Orson Scott Card.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

d3lness posted:

Eat my entire rear end in a top hat you dumb pile of loving poo poo. Glad to hear you think suicide is so good drat funny. How about you kill yourself? Peak loving comedy forums posting, huh?

Lmaaaaao. I don’t know how you are able to make em pop up like that T-Man but amazing.

Boywhiz88 has a new favorite as of 12:12 on Jul 7, 2020

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Piell posted:

If your gimmick is you post racist screeds indistinguishable from someone just posting racist screeds sincerely, it's a bad gimmick.

Orrrrrr you could admit that you got fooled, like a lot of us did years ago (and occasionally still do).

Part of the fun w LoB is just reading regular posts then BAM LoB post and you’re like WTF is this doing here then realizing it’s LoB and laughing. Bonus when people like you fall for it and freak out.

Edit: I hate to go this route, but you’ve posted in this thread twice in the last 30 days and that’s it. You don’t seem to be a thread regular. It’s an inside-joke at this point for the IoSM thread that has lasted multiple iterations and mods. It’s sometimes bizarre screeds about religion or literally anything. HENCE “Lottery of Babylon”

If you don’t like it, put them on ignore or just stay out of the thread.

Boywhiz88 has a new favorite as of 12:49 on Jul 7, 2020

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

SiKboy posted:

But you're gonna anyway because you want the thread to be a circlejerk of the same 6 posters over and over again? Its a valid discussion to have whether the person discussing it has never posted before or if they post here like its their job.

I personally like LoBs posting generally, it is funny when people argue with him, but honestly if someone wants to be a gimmick poster they have to take the lumps that come with the gimmick. And its worth mentioning....

its almost like racism doesnt have to be part of the gimmick. If someone wants to "ironically" post racism without consequences there are places they can do that. Like 4chan for example.

No, I don’t ever pull post-history stuff but I saw someone that only has two posts in the last month and thought may not be aware of how LoB works. Piell explained their stance, I accept it.

LoB finds some absurd stuff. That last post that kicked off all this was a bit extreme, but again, no one is going “oh haha, what a funny post.” It’s about the interruption that makes you go “what is this doing on SA” and then looking slightly to the left and seeing LoB’s name. What they posted wasn’t ironic, it’s never been framed that way. It’s just an awful post that got scraped from a comments section anywhere.

Some posters are commenting on this way more than they have bothered w the person freaking out at T-man, ironically or otherwise. That’s actual toxic crap in this thread.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

pseudorandom posted:

Found this today while doing some shopping.

This isn't exactly social media, is there a better thread for dumb reviews?

Oof! I hated stuff like that when it affected ratings for my job. Our main metric was “likelihood to recommend.” I had given the client great service, they even said so in the review but they 1-star’d that metric citing “none of my friends use computers.” I don’t blame them for that situation, but it was also like a “drat!” moment.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Shithouse Dave posted:

This was too long for a screenshot but enjoy this absolutely tone deaf handwringing

P sure this is fake as gently caress. I tried Googling that Chanel thing and could only find a bullshit article w the same info as the post.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Deflate the tires citing vaccination.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

cuber posted:

jfc. high school friend went from "i think we should lower taxes on rich people, but black people are cool and abortion should be legal" (pretty poo poo, but about as best as i could hope in rural U.S. in the early 2000s), to "I would have sided with the police abusing black people during the Civil Rights Movement."

having a hard time with this. i feel i should send him a personal message to let him know how this comes across, but he's not a loving idiot, he knows what he's posting. gently caress, this sucks.

Link him to articles about all the protestors who had their eyes blown out.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Cleretic posted:

This one's almost impressive, this guy's several tiers of wrong on like, three different subjects, it's an impregnable fortress of stupidity.

It’s a collection of tweet responses to the Emma Watson tweet above. I’m a big fan of all these women talking about how Emma’s nearing her “expiration date” for looks, etc. Just such gross sexist remarks from other women who between their age and efforts (presumably they’re feminists) should know better.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Oh I know. Hence the presumably, but imagine anyone telling these folks they’re “past due,” they would probably pushback and be correct in saying it’s a sexist as hell statement. So it is really lovely they’re just parroting that line.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Since I’ve been w my company, there’s been efforts towards equity. It started w conversations about gender-equity. There was a post on the company intranet from our CEO and COO about these efforts. This is NOT a big company. Saw a guy reply w a screed. Didn’t see the screed later in the day. Can’t recall if the guy was around by the end of the week, but it was amazing to see.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Piss Meridian posted:

very weird thing to post

What do you think is being posted?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Bobby Digital posted:

“All the door pulls are like that!”

And then it turns out that was the only one they could find after checking several racetracks.

Wasn’t part of the investigation them finding a pic of it as is months before Bubba’s team moved in?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

QAnon Anonymous has a great episode about Scott: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/qanon-anonymous/id1428209307?i=1000440445332

He’s honestly waaaaaay nuttier than he let’s on.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

PetraCore posted:

I've also seen criticism of the fact that by casting actual pre-teens in the roles of fictional pre-teens who are inappropriately societally sexualized and having to try to navigate that, you're putting the actual pre-teens in sexualizing positions that might be difficult for them to navigate as people are attracted to the movie for the wrong reasons. I think that criticism has a decent point but I'm trying to figure out what the way to handle it best would be. Having the characters navigate situations that aren't portrayed onscreen? Portraying things more toned down but having people react as if it wasn't to depict the disconnect between what the characters feel they're doing vs the situations they're actually placed in?

The one thing I thought of was for the dance routines, replace them w adults as a self-imagining, with cuts to the crowd indicating that they don’t see it as the same thing.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Not even the pistol he shot himself with? I can't hand him that?

Vincent, why are you hanging in the bunker w Hitler and Eva?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

What a loving gross sounding food.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Midnight Voyager posted:

Our school never taught any of that whatsoever. If you had the option for comparative government, you had it better than me.

And no, I never did sports. Our school didn't offer them.

If you wanna generalize, here's your generalization: Our country's loving huge and every part of it doesn't have the same education. Hell, people don't get the same education within the same state.

Same city. Same district. American education is broken in part cause of how hosed up and fragmented it is.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

hyperhazard posted:

Kind of glad I didn't build up a 13 year posting history with a Nazi symbol, tbh.

Buddy, you’ve got no idea.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Regardless of the connotation, using your birth year in your handle is pretty lame and best avoided anyway.

I was young, dammit!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I think we’ll see Queen Elizabeth pass out of “nowhere” this year. It’s just the funniest thing that can happen to England post-COVID and Brexit.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I’m very surprised that Elon Musk is openly requesting to sink Miami into the ocean.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

That dude sucks rear end but the part in the middle is not in the real tweet.

Isn’t this where you would provide the original unedited tweet?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Thanks HoS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

oldpainless posted:

Agreed. Observe and report is criminally underrated

Great movie. It's so so so good