Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

"Why do you need to see the water closet? You don't look like a plumber."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Ambitious Spider posted:

didn't Trump own the boat after that?

I don't see anything about that but it was apparently originally built for a cousin of Jamal Khashoggi

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

The fun thing about the Q nonsense is it all got completely debunked years ago, when someone dug up a book called Q which was literally about how to go about with controlling people in this exact manner. And the Qs just blinked and kept going regardless.

What?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I don't think Sisko would support Trump, but I think Kirk, Picard and Janeway would all be even less likely to support him. Don't know enough about Archer or what's his face from Discovery.

"what's his face from Discovery" is from the mirror universe so he'd probably be the most likely to support Trump

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

El Fideo posted:

God drat I need to laugh about this. Is there a Kama'aina Goons thread anywhere?
I mean, technically? Found it when I moved here but lol

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

El Fideo posted:

God drat I need to laugh about this. Is there a Kama'aina Goons thread anywhere?
furthermore you don't have PMs but i found out where this happens mondays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU7hZ3smj0g&t=263s

uh

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

blowing your nose isn't quite as much of a full-body experience as a sneeze, but i can assure you it is much more effective

lol sneezing is broken, "something's buggin' my nose, better send a whole bunch of air down the other pipe"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

goblin week posted:

i like masks because they free me from performing facial expressions to customers

Hell yeah I haven't heard a Karen tell me to smile more in months

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

jesus christ one of his tweets in that thread is just "Jack and rose..."

and "There are no male homeless centres"

it's just everythingwrongwiththeMRAapproach.txt

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

BrigadierSensible posted:

So the short Alt-Right bloke doesn't like a popular song. Whoop-de-do.

What are his objections to it? And why is that funny?

(I get teh self-own he did about his wife not being aroused by him.)

right wing wunderkind is a boomer at heart, quelle surprise

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Vib Rib posted:

It's good that way. Thickens the broth and provides a hearty taste on a cold winter morning. :colbert:

if done properly it'd basically be egg drop soup with noodles, i see no problem with this whatsoever

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

captainOrbital posted:

Well, it's the loving NY Post. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt (tho obv the meaning of the word upset depends on whether it's a noun or an adjective this language is so dumb)

or verb! :eng101:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

it's worse, it's a blue line within the middle horizontal line

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Also they can't do that right now because of COVID.
life, uh, finds a way

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

kecske posted:

maybe they met one of those people who try to pronounce acronyms as words
that is quite literally what makes an acronym distinct from initialisms in general. "IPA" is an initialism, pronouncing it "eepa" makes it an acronym.

also re: virtue signaling: if anything it's time to point out vice signalling, like anyone going out of their way to buy goya products

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Vib Rib posted:

I was going to say "holy poo poo, that's still going?" but it also made me realize that's the only reason I ever even heard of The Escapist and is pretty much the only pony in their show.

it's still going but yahtzee's heart is clearly not still in it

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

had a good one when i was a teenager but it was pretty much just about Rama

which i probably only picked up because i loved mythology and wanted to read about the namesake of the Arthur C. Clarke books

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Ambitious Spider posted:

ahegao is just homer simpson erasure

missing an important detail

warning: cursed:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

"I wonder how many children's meals could be paid for if [those people making a fuss] could afford to donate their daily food expenditure to charity" except it's intended as a slam on the people that give a poo poo but can't afford to donate enough to make a huge difference while making sure they themselves don't starve?

or at least that's how i read and understood it

it's very "gosh the economic system you propose might work if the people lacking money/food/shelter had enough money/food/shelter to contribute to other people lacking money/food/shelter!"

stringless has a new favorite as of 13:41 on Oct 22, 2020

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

GreenMetalSun posted:

I think it has something to do with the blue Satan horse with the giant penis.
there's a lot of weird going on with DIA. harmless, but extremely questionable choices were made regarding the design of it and the art that went into it

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Shorthand for "centipede" from a very cringy pro-Trump video series.

same source for when they were calling themselves "nimble navigators"

here's an example if you want, i guess

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

I've never even played Celeste (seen a few speedruns though, looks cool), but I kinda just assumed the main character was trans and I'm not entirely sure why.

there was a transgender pride flag next to an LGBT flag on her desk and that was a whole thing

i guess as pointed out by xtal it only shows up at the end, but there was a big ado about it like a year ago

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

someone quote the "Alton Brown is absolutely definitely a dom" bit

or just exercise caution opening this link

ah it's just further down:

quote:

We met Alton Brown at a show he did here - we paid the extra cash to meet him and get a blurry cellphone pic with him and have him sign a picture. He noticed my (male) companion’s pocket watch, and proceeded to order him to take it out of his pocket. It wasn’t obnoxious, it was in a Dom tone that brooked no argument. So he complied. When he found out it wasn’t wound, and so not working, he was deeply disappointed, and told him to do better next time.

If this guy isn’t a Dom, I’ll eat that spreader bar.

stringless has a new favorite as of 12:24 on Nov 10, 2020

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

what the gently caress

it's like they put all five classical stages of acceptance in a blender and dripped the aftermath onto a keyboard

stringless has a new favorite as of 14:09 on Nov 10, 2020

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Danaru posted:

How do you respond to someone ORDERING you to do this by doing anything but putting your hand in your pocket, pulling it back out with a middle finger, and laughing derisively
if a person that you admire/respect/whatever says "let me see that pocketwatch."

and you're the kind of person that carries around a pocketwatch? knowing it's unwound or is broken? but it's clearly visible?

good loving luck lol sure you're gonna throw your middle fingers in the air at the guy that you're explicitly present to meet because he exposed your peccadillo

i'd rather have Alton Brown be just disappointed in me than laugh in my face in front of at least one other person about how i'm a poser if i were in that circumstance

i dunno the dude's obviously got control issues (watch Good Eats and try to catch both of his ears in a single camera take) but the spreader bars and such on the actual shows speak more than the "lmao my pocketwatch poser friend got totally called out by Alton Brown but in a super classy way so therefore AB fits into this particular box".

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

StillFullyTerrible posted:

the japanese term "netorare" can apply to any form of romantic relationship and sex outside of it, not just marriage and having children specifically, it is a far more flexible term thusly
isn't that the "NTR" that's apparently a huge "issue" in, well, harem games

because apparently it's a big problem if any waifu targets hook up with someone other than the player's character because How Dare They, i guess

no i will not go into further detail

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

yeah, not happy about this, thanks for quoting it all lol

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

look Doki Doki Literature Club was a neat game okay

and being entirely too-online has penalties in the form of cursed knowledge

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

well i'm not an authority on it so i'll take your word for it

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Mak0rz posted:

I can probably name one larger and more well documented
what, Christmas 2020?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

sure was a good thing we assassinated a man celebrated as a war hero but his country then immediately accidentally shot down a civilian airplane in response and therefore wanted to pretend none of it happened

yep

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Anyone else remember that Mighty Max wasn't just a series of toys but also a cartoon series?

I remember being in the fourth grade (so roughly 10 years old) being in a conversation with someone who was claiming to have seen every episode. I invented a villain by blending the Greek mythology of the Chimera into something with completely different component animals and, of course, he said that of course he'd seen that episode.

It's just doubling down on a lie that's a claim to fame, it's not new. It's weird to keep doing it as an adult, though.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Bonster posted:

I know when I don't sleep the day becomes longer. Really screws up a lot when you slow the earth's rotation.
to be undeservedly fair, this is a factor when driving West.

Atlanta to Las Vegas is about 2,000 miles and you "lose" two hours over the course of it going from Eastern to Mountain Time. Atlanta to Los Angeles is about 2,200 miles and you "lose" three hours going from Eastern to Pacific Time.

But as someone who has driven long road trips from Memphis to locations like New York City, Miami, and San Jose, and also back to Memphis from them as a single leg, I would never pretend that it was easy. Hell, the San Jose to Memphis leg took 32 hours and there was a blizzard involved.

/e basically having actual experience i'd probably go "2,000 miles? i could probably do that in one go." then i'd actually look up how far that is and not double down

stringless has a new favorite as of 11:07 on Nov 23, 2020

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

That picture's been going around for a while, at least since January 2019

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Who has a PhD in treating clinical addiction, don't forget.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Were this the meme thread I'd do the Doofenshmirtz meme with "If I had a nickel for every time a Soviet military officer had a reason to start the end the world but chose not to, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice."

but, :effort:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

jojoinnit posted:

The real IoSM right now is Max here:
from a brief scroll i think this guy's just "lovely Ken M"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

the author of the article is the one complaining about the way it was recorded into spoken language

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Elviscat posted:

I'm also super quick to condemn trans people who join the military because it's often the only way for them to survive under the super lovely American System we all labor under. So that's super cool of you to just dismiss them entirely.
more :golfclap: trans :golfclap: drone :golfclap: pilots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

i'm hitting ctrl+z and nothing's happening