Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

my current thing i keep a stock of is bags of the hershey's minis assortments, i grab one of each of the all-dark chocolate and the regular assortment. having some chocolate on hand is really helping fight the mild sense of dread ive been constantly feeling since the whole thing started.

So what are you goons snacking on? :munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Beer!

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

beer is food. i'll allow it. :cheers:

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Cherry cotton candy

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

rear end

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm just kidding.

It's been a lot of Gardetto's actually but I've been trying to eat well for the most part, I've been cooking really nicely for my wife and I, I've made us a brined and sous vide pork roast with side dishes over the weekend, and got a second one that I actually cured with a touch of maple syrup and mustard in the wet cure that I'm going to make an Easter "ham" for us with next weekend [e: err the following, whatever easter weekend is, whatever, you get it], and tonight I made a mushroom vindaloo with saffron and butter jasmine rice as a side.

But I mean I'd take rear end.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Mar 31, 2020

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Beer for me too.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Pumpkin seeds, beet chips

I refuse to get fat

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Big Beef City posted:

I'm just kidding.

It's been a lot of Gardetto's actually but I've been trying to eat well for the most part, I've been cooking really nicely for my wife and I, I've made us a brined and sous vide pork roast with side dishes over the weekend, and got a second one that I actually cured with a touch of maple syrup and mustard in the wet cure that I'm going to make an Easter "ham" for us with next weekend, and tonight I made a mushroom vindaloo with saffron and butter jasmine rice as a side.

But I mean I'd take rear end.

that sous vide pork sounds pretty great. we made some cheesy rice with some nice roasted kielbasa and green beans tossed with salt pepper and lemon, was quite good.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

been eatin a lot of fig newtons lately

no clue why it's been pretty weird

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Cheese

The Consultant
Apr 5, 2006

I'm tops and you're horseplops

Given that I will need to self isolate for a while longer I feel a bit guilty asking people to buy me fancy things for my grocery runs but yes...cheese

and scotch

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
sour candy

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Aishlinn posted:

that sous vide pork sounds pretty great. we made some cheesy rice with some nice roasted kielbasa and green beans tossed with salt pepper and lemon, was quite good.

Ooh that reminds me I have a kielbasa and an andouille in the freezer as well...hmm
The sous vide turned out real nice, I kept the brine simple (kosher salt, white sugar (normally I do brown or add molasses or other interesting things for pork depending), pickling spice, white pepper and sage), hit it for about 14 hours, and into the bath for about 5 hours at 138.5f. Roasted brussels sprouts and artichoke hearts tossed together as a side.

Similar for the "ham" I'll be doing, but added the maple and mustard to the brine and left out the sage and pepper and added curing salt to up the 'ham-ening'. The pork roasts were super on sale, got two of them for like $2'ish/lb or some such when we did a major plague stock up run late last week, the two together ran us like $12-14 or something. Plenty for multiple meals each for the two of us.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Cheese. I have to have cheese in the house at all times.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

A few days ago I thought about making a thread called "Quarantine Quisine! Post your qourona virus recipes ITT!". I had already cooked and put the leftovers in tupperware and then I watched the news. It turns out that people are starving in Italy and and have organized raids on grocery shops on social media. I'm surprised that there is not more people talking about this.*

I felt sick to my stomach. I was thinking about making a thread about using up all the leftovers in my fridge before hunkering down and to think long term. Half a leek needed to be used as well as the fresh chillies and ginger that was starting to go soft. Long story short? I made bacon and egg chow mein. I was inspired by all the youtube recomendations of dan dan noodles.

I still feel bad about posting this because even if I'm in a lockdown area where few people have suffered that could change pretty rapidly. Exponential growth and all that.

The finished results don't look pretty and were bland but some sriracha sauce made them good.

*If this can happen in Italy it can happen anywhere. They don't want us to panic. "Keep calm and carry on."

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Shredded cheese from the bag

feller
Jul 5, 2006

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Last thing we bought from the co was a big ol sack of onions, carrots, and potatoes, so I’ve been making a lot of curry, roasts, stews, stuff of that nature.

We basically have a freezer full of random meats we got on sale, and a pantry full of random canned things we got on sale, so we were mostly already ready for an apocalypse.

Snack wise we got mountains of nuts and dried fruit.

If we eat literally everything in the house before going out it’ll certainly get boring but I’d estimate prolly 2 months. Boggles my mind anyone is still risking weekly trips.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
They’ve been covered already but Gardettos (the best snack mix ever) and cheddar cheese, the sharper the better.

I don’t know what I’d do without them

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

ArbitraryC posted:

Last thing we bought from the co was a big ol sack of onions, carrots, and potatoes, so I’ve been making a lot of curry, roasts, stews, stuff of that nature.

We basically have a freezer full of random meats we got on sale, and a pantry full of random canned things we got on sale, so we were mostly already ready for an apocalypse.

Snack wise we got mountains of nuts and dried fruit.

If we eat literally everything in the house before going out it’ll certainly get boring but I’d estimate prolly 2 months. Boggles my mind anyone is still risking weekly trips.

same. I just did a practice run chickpea and lentil daal, homemade naan. Been fartin like crazy

thezanke
Feb 16, 2020

Babybel and tequila

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Tomorrow gonna be corned beef with plenty of roasted veg. Between that and the batch of curry I made today it’ll probably be leftover lunch and dinner for the rest of the week.

Breakfast on weekdays is oatmeal, just the plain kind you get in a huge package and scoop yourself. Add some nuts, dried fruit, dash of cinnamon and nutmeg and bingo bango perfect start to the day.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Marijuana and korbel brut

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Valko posted:

A few days ago I thought about making a thread called "Quarantine Quisine! Post your qourona virus recipes ITT!". I had already cooked and put the leftovers in tupperware and then I watched the news. It turns out that people are starving in Italy and and have organized raids on grocery shops on social media. I'm surprised that there is not more people talking about this.*

I felt sick to my stomach. I was thinking about making a thread about using up all the leftovers in my fridge before hunkering down and to think long term. Half a leek needed to be used as well as the fresh chillies and ginger that was starting to go soft. Long story short? I made bacon and egg chow mein. I was inspired by all the youtube recomendations of dan dan noodles.

I still feel bad about posting this because even if I'm in a lockdown area where few people have suffered that could change pretty rapidly. Exponential growth and all that.

The finished results don't look pretty and were bland but some sriracha sauce made them good.

*If this can happen in Italy it can happen anywhere. They don't want us to panic. "Keep calm and carry on."

that looks god drat amazing :thumbsup: (also what the heck would "pretty" chow mein look like?)

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
It’s funny you mention having chocolate being comforting OP cause aside from grabbing actually important sustenance at the last trip to Costco one thing I did snag was those dark chocolate salted caramels. As a bonus they were on sale too.

It’s perhaps a bit silly but it’s legit nice to have a treat like that sitting around, gives a sense of normalcy.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
that spicy chicken ramen with the chicken mascot, and trazodone

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

Tea and chocolate covered digestive biscuits.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Eatin' Cheetos right now.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Aishlinn posted:

that looks god drat amazing :thumbsup: (also what the heck would "pretty" chow mein look like?)

Aww, thanks! But really a pretty chow mein should have lots of vibrant green in it. There was pak choi in the supermarket but it was starting to go yellow. No sugar snaps either but all the weird stuff that I assumed people rarely ever ate over here (like brined hot dogs in glass jars) were gone. Stupid panic buyers ignoring the fresh stuff and hoarding the ramen and canned meatballs... while dried beans are something you have to travel 20 miles to find...

Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsey were right. People in the UK don't know and don't want to know how to cook anything.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

stacks on stacks of Goya brand Maria cookies.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

ArbitraryC posted:

It’s funny you mention having chocolate being comforting OP cause aside from grabbing actually important sustenance at the last trip to Costco one thing I did snag was those dark chocolate salted caramels. As a bonus they were on sale too.

It’s perhaps a bit silly but it’s legit nice to have a treat like that sitting around, gives a sense of normalcy.

aw snap, the saunders ones? those are ridiculously good. I avoid getting them because i will seriously sit down and eat the whole box.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Tater tots.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Knormal posted:

Eatin' Cheetos right now.
I ate all the Cheetos :(

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Aishlinn posted:

aw snap, the saunders ones? those are ridiculously good. I avoid getting them because i will seriously sit down and eat the whole box.

Yeah they’re fantastic. I’m not normally a huge fan of sweet things so I tend to eat about 1 a day after dinner and the tub lasts for a super long time.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

munchin on homemade sauerkraut

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Eat a dick unicycle boy!
I've been looking after my vege garden and I grow a lot of an Asian green called Sambung

It's this nice mixture of refreshing and mildness with a slight mint that I could eat a big bowl full easy

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I'm self medicating with rum and my delicious home-made burgers.

Lightly formed 4oz patties, heavily seasoned and thrown onto a searing hot and well oiled cast iron skillet for a couple minutes, flip once and place a slice of your favorite cheese on top and let it melt as the second side cooks. Remove from heat the second that cheese is properly melted. Get some potato buns and apply a razor thin layer of mayo to each bun and fry them on the skillet too.

Then you can put whatever bullshit condiments you want on them for all I care. They're easy to make and so dead-rear end simple it doesn't matter how drunk I am, I won't gently caress them up.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Vodka and whatever I can find to mix it with and some of those habanero/bbq almonds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sardines.