Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm just kidding.

It's been a lot of Gardetto's actually but I've been trying to eat well for the most part, I've been cooking really nicely for my wife and I, I've made us a brined and sous vide pork roast with side dishes over the weekend, and got a second one that I actually cured with a touch of maple syrup and mustard in the wet cure that I'm going to make an Easter "ham" for us with next weekend [e: err the following, whatever easter weekend is, whatever, you get it], and tonight I made a mushroom vindaloo with saffron and butter jasmine rice as a side.

But I mean I'd take rear end.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Mar 31, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Aishlinn posted:

that sous vide pork sounds pretty great. we made some cheesy rice with some nice roasted kielbasa and green beans tossed with salt pepper and lemon, was quite good.

Ooh that reminds me I have a kielbasa and an andouille in the freezer as well...hmm
The sous vide turned out real nice, I kept the brine simple (kosher salt, white sugar (normally I do brown or add molasses or other interesting things for pork depending), pickling spice, white pepper and sage), hit it for about 14 hours, and into the bath for about 5 hours at 138.5f. Roasted brussels sprouts and artichoke hearts tossed together as a side.

Similar for the "ham" I'll be doing, but added the maple and mustard to the brine and left out the sage and pepper and added curing salt to up the 'ham-ening'. The pork roasts were super on sale, got two of them for like $2'ish/lb or some such when we did a major plague stock up run late last week, the two together ran us like $12-14 or something. Plenty for multiple meals each for the two of us.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Frank Frank posted:

Vodka and whatever I can find to mix it with and some of those habanero/bbq almonds.

I got some of those and they aren't spicy enough.
But I'll tell you what they ARE good for...

I mix them in with a good handful of 'california' trail mix (what my store calls this stuff, sans the almonds that are already there, they have walnuts in there, that's why I add the hab. almonds, you see):

And another good handful of:

And now you got yourself a sweet, salty, spicy thing that will fill your gut and make you poop real hard too well goon-bless.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

you've never been wrong before JK Fresco, I'll buy it.