Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Benne posted:

She's just doing what her bosses told her, none of them have a single ounce of agency in their characters. Especially the women, who seem way more micromanaged than the men's side.

Seriously. Everyone getting worked like "why didn't she apologize!" I wouldn't be surprised if that tweet was written for Nia to just copy and paste while retweeting the official WWE Tweet. These people have everything micromanaged right down to which turnbuckle they stand on for their robotic entrances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

:(

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I wouldn't be surprised if THE SUPERSTARS are expected to be online searching for whatever hashtag is on during their match to reply to; just like that Seth auto-replying ITS A REAL THRONE FOR BIG BOYS GUYS

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Wait until Charlotte does something new, they'll be back

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

One of my favourite Kanyon promos was from Thunder (?) I think. He goes to do the “Who betta than Kanyon!?” The audience shouts back “Raven!” Kanyon shouts back like a wounded child “No! It’s nobody! Nobody!” And walks off. Little kid Von Doom thought that was hilarious. I thought he was cool.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/VinceGoogling/status/1252697205690920960

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Is wwe really making an angle out of their layoffs with drake maverick? They are really just pedal to the metal on new entries for the most disgusting promotional tactic this year

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
A scatter shot attempt to split the vote and lose.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

NULL_SIGNAL posted:

i wanted to believe the t-rex skull was a rib that he's trying to run with.

then I saw the other tiny t-rex over his shoulder.

That Triple H belts photo, but it's all t-rex skulls.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Is wwe really making an angle out of their layoffs with drake maverick? They are really just pedal to the metal on new entries for the most disgusting promotional tactic this year

What if he wins tho :ohdear: I GOTTA WATCH!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I legit completely forgot NXT was on today.

NXT Results 4/22:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • An "incident" in the locker room before the show meant William Regal removed Finn Balor from his scheduled match with Velveteen Dream.
  • Keith Lee saved Velveteen Dream from an ambush by Adam Cole, Bobby Fish and Roderick Strong.
  • Dakota Kai and Raquel Gonzalez defeated Shotzi Blackheart and Tegan Nox in a tag match.
  • Drake Maverick - who has been legitimately for real fired - did a promo about how "this situation" in the world is tough for everybody but he wants to give his all in his final three matches of the Cruiserweight Tournament.
  • Jake Atlas defeated Drake Maverick - who is working for a company that fired him during a global pandemic despite having huge amounts of cash to weather it - in a Cruiserweight tournament match.
  • KUSHIDA defeated Tony Nese in the Cruiserweight Tournament.
  • Matt Riddle told Timothy Thatcher that looking into his blue eyes reminded him of Pete Dunne. Thatcher pointed out he has brown eyes.
  • Johnny Gargano and Candice LeRae did a pre-taped promo at their dinner table talking up their plans to be NXT Men's and NXT Women's Champions respectively.
  • Drake Maverick - who recently got married and is now fired but still agreeing to work for this company - was approached backstage for an interview about how he's feeling.
  • Mia Yim defeated Jessi Kamea in a singles match. Charlotte Flair came out and offered Yim a title match which Yim accepted.
  • El Hijo del Fantasma debuted and defeated Jack Gallagher in a Cruiserweight Tournament match.
  • Fantasma, who speaks perfect English, cut a promo in Spanish.
  • The masked dudes who have been kidnapping people in the parking lot for weeks tried to kidnap Fantasma, who beat them up and chased them off.
  • Keith Lee was taken out ahead of his tag match main event in an attack by Damian Priest, who is the next challenger for the North American title.
  • Dexter Lumis replaced Keith Lee as Velveteen Dream's tag partner.
  • Wait... what?
  • Velveteen Dream and Dexter Lumis defeated Adam Cole & Roderick Strong in a tag match. Dream got the pinfall on NXT Champion Adam Cole.
  • I think this post was about NXT? Maybe?

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Oh NXT started using the auto book function.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Dexter Lumis looks like the Evil version of Guy Montgomery of The Worst Idea of All Time.

I'll resubscribe to the network if WWE make Dexter Lumis watch and review Grown Ups 2 every week for a year.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Jerusalem posted:

NXT Results 4/22:
  • An "incident" in the locker room before the show meant William Regal removed Finn Balor from his scheduled match with Velveteen Dream.
  • Keith Lee saved Velveteen Dream from an ambush by Adam Cole, Bobby Fish and Roderick Strong.

• Keith Lee was taken out ahead of his tag match main event in an attack by Damian Priest, who is the next challenger for the North American title.
  • Dexter Lumis replaced Keith Lee as Velveteen Dream's tag partner.
  • Wait... what?
  • Velveteen Dream and Dexter Lumis defeated Adam Cole & Roderick Strong in a tag match. Dream got the pinfall on NXT Champion Adam Cole.

This sounds like something out of an Attitude Era Raw, and not necessarily in a good way.

Jerusalem posted:

• El Hijo del Fantasma debuted and defeated Jack Gallagher in a Cruiserweight Tournament match.
  • Fantasma, who speaks perfect English, cut a promo in Spanish.

Odds on him either joining Zelina Vega's hot boy crew or tagging with Humberto Carillo within the next 3 months?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
NXT false advertising not just one but two matches? They really truly are a main roster brand.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Is the literal TV serial killer a babyface? Because I don't understand how that main event makes sense?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Which is worse? A serial killer-esque babyface or misogynist tag team babyfaces.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

karmicknight posted:

Is the literal TV serial killer a babyface? Because I don't understand how that main event makes sense?

Who made the replacement choice? Did Dexter attack someone to make this opportunity? Did Velveteen say Dexter was someone he could trust? Did regal decide he deserved this? In storyline why was Dexter Loomis there?

Also I like how there the storyline that Io Shirai is the no1 contender gunning for Charlotte, and yet there is also the storyline of Charlotte magnanimously giving a title shot to Mia Yim because she was her very first TV opponent.

Doesn't make Io look bad at all!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

I legit completely forgot NXT was on today.

NXT Results 4/22:
  • Jake Atlas defeated Drake Maverick - who is working for a company that fired him during a global pandemic despite having huge amounts of cash to weather it - in a Cruiserweight tournament match.
    [/url]

Stakes are even higher for Maverick now

What WWE did here is genius. They took something that had to happen - a sad, but necessary situation - and turned it into a hot angle.

Drake has the opportunity to either come out on top in one of the best crafted storylines mixing reality and kayfabe ever, or put over someone from the new crop as a class act, on his way out.

It's a win for the fans either way. Thank you, WWE.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dexter came out mid match, which is a legal and binding agreement to be a tag partner.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Dexter Lumis looks like the Evil version of Guy Montgomery of The Worst Idea of All Time.

I'll resubscribe to the network if WWE make Dexter Lumis watch and review Grown Ups 2 every week for a year.

I doubt he has a tattoo of Patrick Schwarzenegger on his rear end though.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1253130325791817728?s=20

This company

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So at best they're merely exploiting a man's real firing in realtime with cameras everywhere so they can pull a "gotcha" at the end of his run in the tournament and offer him a new contract with cameras rolling

Kinda like the time HHH came out mid-standing ovation for Cedric Alexander after his tournament farewell and basically said right there "yeah, we hear you, we'll sign him", only without a firing happening before then, and without it all happening mid-plague when they shouldn't even be running shows in the first place, let alone firing people to begin with

Also keep in mind under this Best-Case Scenario that this is 100000% not happening for the rest of the dozens who also similarly really did get fired mid-plague (a time when they can't be signed, paid, travel and wrestle wherever they want, and *And It Can't Be Stressed Enough* the WWE specifically knew that would be the case in this environment Before firing them)

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I'm annoyed that even though a Zelina Vega led hot guy faction is totally my poo poo, that I can't muster up the energy to watch WWE for even that.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Wazzu posted:

Also I like how there the storyline that Io Shirai is the no1 contender gunning for Charlotte, and yet there is also the storyline of Charlotte magnanimously giving a title shot to Mia Yim because she was her very first TV opponent.

Doesn't make Io look bad at all!

I think that the Mia match is supposed to happen before Io. The gist of Charlottes promo was that Mia was a good hand and since Mia helped make Charlotte a star, she wanted to return the favor...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I'm annoyed that even though a Zelina Vega led hot guy faction is totally my poo poo, that I can't muster up the energy to watch WWE for even that.

I understand and commiserate, but I have to say.... Zelina Vega's Stable of Pretty Men really are extremely pretty.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Do y'all realize it has only been FIVE MONTHS since Vince abandoned his workers on a loving tarmac in Saudi Arabia and then had the company do a press release suggesting said stranded workers were disloyal to the company for not chartering their own flights home

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

One of those dudes was Mr. Brodie. Feels like it was 2 years ago.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Neodoomium posted:

Do y'all realize it has only been FIVE MONTHS since Vince abandoned his workers on a loving tarmac in Saudi Arabia and then had the company do a press release suggesting said stranded workers were disloyal to the company for not chartering their own flights home

No, I remember that. It was in 2019 so it was at least three years ago and-

Man, gently caress this pandemic :negative:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Neodoomium posted:

Time flies when you are having fun!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

We were so sure that would be the worst thing he'd do in this calendar year

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Is there a wwe equivalent of the lolTNA wiki page? Or is the NY64 and it's successors the closest thing we have?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

People I hate in WWE:

Vince McMahon
Triple H
Stephanie McMahon
Charlotte Flair
Seth Rollins

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

What the gently caress is going on with this one, is this the most poor taste work of all time?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hel posted:

Is there a wwe equivalent of the lolTNA wiki page? Or is the NY64 and it's successors the closest thing we have?

There's an LolWWE page but it gives up around 2018, presumably cause after that there was just too much to add

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

There's an LolWWE page but it gives up around 2018, presumably cause after that there was just too much to add

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hel posted:

Is there a wwe equivalent of the lolTNA wiki page?

wwe.com

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Dell_Zincht posted:

People I hate in WWE:

Vince McMahon
Triple H
Stephanie McMahon
Charlotte Flair
Seth Rollins

Nia Jax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A weird question:

Has WWE publicly, or on commentary acknowledged that Zelina Vega's stable has a stable of pretty, attractive men? i.e. That both of the men she is in charge of are beautiful.

Or is that just a thing we have latched on to?