Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

that's gotta be an April Fool's Day joke, even WWE wouldn't be THAT dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
My lifelong dream is not to drive a Ferrari or bang 90s Jenna Jameson. My lifelong dream is doing tape commentary for the dying third brand of a company who in one month lose half of its value.

#standforthewwe

Zeta Acosta fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 2, 2020

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
wtf is a Dexter Lumis

His gimmick is that he doesn't blink. Ummmm ow.

Atmospheric theme song tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZg59pDzpoc

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Apr 2, 2020

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

IIRC Sam Shaw was a boring version of Killer Kross, at least in TNA.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Boring or ~slow and methodical~

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

extradite THIS! posted:

J-Ru pulling a Samoa Joe by returning and immediately getting probed again

must be monday

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
He sounds like one of them made up names from FCW.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Blaise330 posted:

wtf is a Dexter Lumis

His gimmick is that he doesn't blink. Ummmm ow.

Atmospheric theme song tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZg59pDzpoc

Did he have a second match? He was part of the cursed FKA tournament, but the fact that his gimmick is "serial killer" means he doesn't work in WWE because they generally don't go that cartoon.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It kind of blow my mind that WWE not only signed Sam Shaw but took his really bad Dexter gimmick from TNA (that they did years after Dexter was a thing) and said "yeah, lets do that but just straight up call him Dexter because it might have been too subtle before (and its been like a decade now since anyone cared or thought about Dexter)."

WWE 2020: Doing TNA, But Worse

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Yeah he had a match tonight. Announcers kept trying to get over the fact that he doesnt blink which is not the gimmick I'd want if I was a wrestler.

The triple threat is great ASMR if you don't look at the screen. Aside from the commentary all you hear is meat smacking and heavy breathing.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

It kind of blow my mind that WWE not only signed Sam Shaw but took his really bad Dexter gimmick from TNA and said "yeah, lets do that but just straight up call him Dexter because it might have been too subtle before."

WWE 2020: Doing TNA, But Worse

Plus giving a horror character the last name Loomis like their skin would melt off if they were in the room with subtlety.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Plus giving a horror character the last name Loomis like their skin would melt off if they were in the room with subtlety.
It's worse than that, Lumis was the name of a love interest in the show so they quite literally doubled down on the Dexter show stuff

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

It's worse than that, Lumis was the name of a love interest in the show so they quite literally doubled down on the Dexter show stuff

Ah you're right. I think I mentally blocked out huge portions of that stupid-rear end show.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Like I gotta assume Sam Shaw is just really obsessed with Dexter and keeps insisting on doing these things along with his other lifelong goal of just tattooing his entire arms black.

But the fact that WWE his paying him to do it on air really speaks to their "hire everyone and just do whatever" era.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Ah you're right. I think I mentally blocked out huge portions of that stupid-rear end show.

Because its been like a decade and the show completely tarnished its legacy and got forgotten out of the prestige tier and no normal person gives Dexter any thought in 2020 except as a reference point for how shows can not land their endings.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

flashy_mcflash posted:

If you have more than 0 nostalgia for that show you blocked out SO much

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
My most salient Dexter memory is having the end of season 4 spoiled because someone on THIS VERY FORUM made an offhand comment about a Finlay action figure looking like Jon Lithgow.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol Dexter Lumis

These wwe names are a trip

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Like you could make up literally any name for yourself and you choose Dexter Lumis or Oney Lorcan

Jack Swagger is a poo poo of a human being but his name is like the perfect heel name

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

How I will always remember Dexter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEy49Eb1Ae0

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'm just going to imagine this is what all the seasons of Dexter were like. This Impact skit over and over.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

How did Oney pick his name and was that really the best option of names available?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It ain't in any way good wrestling or TV but the Sam Shaw/Dexter run was some weird as gently caress skits from him stalking Christy Hemme, to Anderson researching his life, to him being tossed in the mental ward and Gunner randomly coming across him while visiting PTSD vets and deciding to help him, to Santana Garrett sexually manipulating him.

That poo poo was weird.

Although its one of the rare cases where wrestling talent actually watched the show because Christy Hemme went on one date with Shaw, went home and saw all the creepy poo poo he did behind her back, and was like "Dude, stay away from me!" the next week. That surprised the poo poo out of me.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I found the real reason J-Ru ate a probe, from Wikipedia:

Would he be a version of rovert who makes everyone uncomfortable with his conversations about vore instead of woman wrestlers, or a version of rovert who makes everyone uncomfortable with his conversations about woman wrestlers, but now involving vore?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Defiance Industries posted:

Would he be a version of rovert who makes everyone uncomfortable with his conversations about vore instead of woman wrestlers, or a version of rovert who makes everyone uncomfortable with his conversations about woman wrestlers, but now involving vore?

you literally can't spell rovert without vore

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

lol I gave them way too much credit for the Lumis name since I didn't watch Dexter

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NXT Discussion 4/1:
  • Detailed Results here
  • Tom Philips and Sam Roberts were the commentary team.
  • Velveteen Dream defeated Bobby Fish in a singles match. He cut a promo on NXT Champion Adam Cole postmatch.
  • Malcolm Bivens officially introduced his new tag-team who attacked Matt Riddle last week: Rinku and Saurav.
  • Dexter Lumis defeated Jake Atlas in a singles match. Lumis has a gimmick.
  • A vignette aired for Killer Kross.
  • A replay of the brawl between Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano aired. They have their "final" match next week.
  • Dakota Kai won a gauntlet match to become the final entrant in the women's number one contender's ladder match.
  • Order of elimination was: Shotzi Blackheart pinned Deonna Purrazzo. Shotzi Blackheart submitted Xia Li. Shotzi Blackheart submitted Aliyah. Shotzi Blackheart defeated Kayden Carter. Dakota Kai pinned Shotzi Blackheart following interference by Raquel Gonzalez.
  • KUSHIDA defeated Joaquin Wilde by submission in a singles match.
  • Keith Lee (C) defeated Dominik Dijakovic and Damian Priest in a triple threat match to retain his NXT North American Championship.
  • Lee pinned Dijakovic after Priest used a baton to block an attack by Dijakovic which took out his knee.
  • Next week is the Ladder Match for the Women's Number One Contendership, and Gargano vs. Ciampa.
  • Show discussion here.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

NXT Discussion 4/1:
  • Malcolm Bivens officially introduced his new tag-team who attacked Matt Riddle last week: Rinku and Saurav.

Those two guys don't have coherent names for anything except badly translated JRPG bosses. They need to fix their name generator.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jerusalem posted:

• Dakota Kai won a gauntlet match to become the final entrant in the women's number one contender's ladder match.
  • Order of elimination was: Shotzi Blackheart pinned Deonna Purrazzo. Shotzi Blackheart submitted Xia Li. Shotzi Blackheart submitted Aliyah. Shotzi Blackheart defeated Kayden Carter. Dakota Kai pinned Shotzi Blackheart following interference by Raquel Gonzalez.

I don't follow NXT so I don't know who are faces or heels or what but it always strikes me how WWE books gauntlet matches or big multi-matches. Its always one act doing a ton of work and presumably getting over big and then them getting taken out in the penultimate match and the winner facing someone else in the final.

Again, I don't follow so maybe there's some big story between Kai and Gonzalez and it was a proper "final." But just reading that it sure seems like if you got behind Shotzi Blackheart you got the winds blown out of your sails right before the end.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Maigius posted:

Those two guys don't have coherent names for anything except badly translated JRPG bosses. They need to fix their name generator.

This ain't it, chief. They're not uncommon Indian names.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Nope, they do this all the time and clearly the idea is to make you mad at the heel, but it's so common nowadays that the moment anybody strings together 2-3 wins in a gauntlet most people just sigh and go,"Oh so I guess the heel is coming out last to beat them :sigh:"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

This ain't it, chief. They're not uncommon Indian names.

Yeah, also Rinku is the guy's legit name as well

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Kushida has looked great throughout his NXT run.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyyM_JjN7yw

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is HHH aware that he's allowed to book Keith Lee against other people?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

Kushida has looked great throughout his NXT run.

Why they did nothing with the Grizzled Young Vets I have no idea, they seemed to set up an angle when The Timesplitters lost at the Dusty Cup but it went nowhere, which is really bizarre.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

Nope, they do this all the time and clearly the idea is to make you mad at the heel, but it's so common nowadays that the moment anybody strings together 2-3 wins in a gauntlet most people just sigh and go,"Oh so I guess the heel is coming out last to beat them :sigh:"

I liked the one where they just had the first hour of Raw be a Gauntlet match and Seth rolled up Roman and then pinned Cena clean with his finisher.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Why they did nothing with the Grizzled Young Vets I have no idea, they seemed to set up an angle when The Timesplitters lost at the Dusty Cup but it went nowhere, which is really bizarre.

I feel like there was some weird stuff going on backstage then, like maybe some people were going to get called up but didn't because it seemed like a lot of stuff was at a holding pattern style of pacing.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Honestly surprised they didn't give Stokely's guys names like Virat & Sachin

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jerusalem posted:

See, the heel coming out to beat them last actually would be a story I could get behind. WWE would probably overuse it or blow it but at least in theory that's a good way to sell the face as the better wrestler who ran the gauntlet and the heel as the opportunistic one who got lucky and get someone over in a loss and build to something later.

But WWE always seems to have the heel come in second to last and do it then. Which means the face didn't "run the gauntlet", they just had a run in the middle of it that gets lost behind the final match. And now you've blown your "heat" on the penultimate part of the match and fans just have to get back up for the final match with no built up story in the match. And the heel isn't REALLY opportunistic or lucky because they had to beat 2 people which makes the face beating 2-4 people not seem quite as different or impressive. It seems like the worst way to handle every aspect of it.

I would guess its all a means to subvert expectations but like... that's why half of the twists in storytelling are stupid because they sacrifice what was built up emotionally or logically for a surprise that often ends up less satisfying.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Apr 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kai vs. Shotzi was the last match, Gonzalez wasn't part of the gauntlet