Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
https://twitter.com/VinceMcMahon/status/1255600974355464192?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Funny every time

https://twitter.com/vincemcmahon/status/953003137069125633?lang=en

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

never not lol at this

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

drat Shane, he even suspended Titus for touching him

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

never not funny

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Titus is too good for WWE.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

I was half expecting this Tweet to end with ".... and that's why it was so hard to cut you"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnSccAokV3c

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Why in the world did jack swagger and jinder win champ of the month at any point ever

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Not sure about Swagger but Jinder was mostly the goof and the excitement of WWE doing something different, even if it is bad.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Nobody wanted Orton as champ.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

rotinaj posted:

Why in the world did jack swagger and jinder win champ of the month at any point ever

Over 1 billion Indian goons.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

never not lol at this

IcePhoenix posted:

never not funny

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

HerraS posted:

anyone who wants to hinder Jinder needs to get their back pimples popped

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Has this been posted yet?

https://www.givemesport.com/1565717-wwe-news-vince-mcmahon-reportedly-negotiating-deal-to-sell-wwe-to-espn-and-fox

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

rotinaj posted:

Pretty sure Swagger was Something Different too, plus he had that goofy Biff Tannen look and energy to him and everybody hoped he'd break out to become a goofy bully. Instead he started wearing a suit and did a YOU PEOPLE promo and people got tired of it rather quickly.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I think in 2017 the shock value of "oh my god they're seriously putting the belt on loving Jinder" was so strong and enough people were probably still salty about Okada beating Omega at WK11 a few months prior that the comedy option won.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah man Jinder is great he's the best champion ever I loved the part where he called Shinsuke Nakamura *checks notes* a dyslexic Pikachu in between beating him loving twice.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Can't speak for anyone else but Swagger was a hoss that used the Doctor Bomb and that was enough for me. Time makes fools of us all.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol at many people here saying Swagger was never good and this very subforum voted him wrestler of the month twice

Edit: Also remember when Randy Orton said the N-word

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 30, 2020

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The only way Vince "sells" the company away is if he somehow cloned a younger version of himself and switched brains and then sold it to Nu Vince. And even then the old decrepit body would probably still gently caress himself over because it's written into his DNA to be a dogshit human being.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Sell it to Tony Khan and do an updated version of Vince on both Raw and Nitro at the same time gloating about he won but with Tony instead across Dynamite and NXT

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jiro posted:

The only way Vince "sells" the company away is if he somehow cloned a younger version of himself and switched brains and then sold it to Nu Vince. And even then the old decrepit body would probably still gently caress himself over because it's written into his DNA to be a dogshit human being.

An acquisition rumor with some smoke would drive the price up, but there's almost certainly no truth to this.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Sell it to Tony Khan and do an updated version of Vince on both Raw and Nitro at the same time gloating about he won but with Tony instead across Dynamite and NXT

"The name on the contract says Khan... but it says SHAD KHAN"
*tony in shambles*

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

That sounds like bullshit. It makes no sense for ESPN or Fox to get into such a deal where they're running such a carny business. McMahon gets away with what he does because no one cares. Once it's part of ESPN or Fox people will start asking questions. WWE bought WCW for almost nothing. Unless WWE plans on closing up and just selling ESPN their video library I don't see them biting on a completely weird industry that they'd have to run arenas, etc.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I can't see a company that is probably already regretting that huge TV deal buying them anyway

It's clear WWE's ceiling was reached long ago and it's only down from here - but then again they probably knew that going into those deals too so maybe they'll go all in on the WWE investment and lose a ton of money along with them

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Edit: Also remember when Randy Orton said the N-word

And when he wanted to gently caress a teen fan

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

And when he wanted to gently caress a teen fan

That too. Man there's so many hosed up things happening in WWE from the company and their roster sometimes you forget just how many.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

For anyone who didn't bother clicking, the "source" of this story is Dutch Mantell spewing bullshit on Twitter

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Disney (ESPN) didn't buy the Fox networks (just the rest of Fox), so the idea that ESPN and Fox would buy WWE makes no sense.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Velveteen Dream getting a title shot next week. He must have been found innocent

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The absolute best argument for why WWE isn't getting sold was made by Bryan Alvarez, who said that Vince would only sell if he could get more than Zuffa got for selling UFC. Which... isn't happening.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/1255625504268394496

Please don't.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1255672181406797825?s=20

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I’m invested in this storyline of whether or not he will be able to keep his job and provide for his family and possibly keep his visa. High stakes drama is just the best

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I’m invested in this storyline of whether or not he will be able to keep his job and provide for his family and possibly keep his visa. High stakes drama is just the best

Arrested development voice "He didn't."

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Go get you that virus, Queen Libby

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

HerraS posted:

anyone who wants to hinder Jinder needs to get their rear end whooped

Really missed out on the opportunity to do a Jinder vs. EC3 Bacne Match, guest reffed by Dr. Pimple Popper.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

bartok posted:

Can't speak for anyone else but Swagger was a hoss that used the Doctor Bomb and that was enough for me. Time makes fools of us all.

Swagger in ECW and during his early days on SmackDown was pretty good, and looked to have a pretty high ceiling, but as World Heavyweight Champion, everything that made him great to watch was systematically stripped away. I enjoyed his programme with Rey, where he played a vicious bully against "the greatest underdog champion," but that's basically forgotten because of the Kane heel turn that immediately followed that led to the seemingly endless Kane v. Undertaker feud that just seemed to get stupider with each passing week.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Swagger also had a jacket that said “Bigg Hoss” on it which I still want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Swagger also had a jacket that said “Bigg Hoss” on it which I still want

Oh yeah, the Real Americans was a tag team that had real legs. Honestly, the WWE should have run with a stable where Zeb Colter and Swagger gathered a bunch of "Americans" like Cesaro, Del Rio, and because he wasn't doing anything, Justin Gabriel.