Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

sigh someone find a clip where he screams "WRESTLEMANIAAAAAAAAA" first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Good thing J-Ru's limo exploded, I was worried he saw me smiling as he walked by.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I think I gotta catch NXT tonight. The amount of big men bumping meat tonight is going to be off the charts.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Rarity posted:

Welp, someone's now gonna have to self-isolate for the next 2 weeks

Not til.... *crawls to ring* I record.... my smackdown match....

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

KungFu Grip posted:

whats supposedly on nxt this week

BIG MEN BUMPING MEAT. SLAPPING MEAT.

(The NA title triple threat)

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

well.... i WAS gonna watch. Luckily if its like every other big Keith Lee match I can experience like 40% of it sheerly through reddit clips.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
wtf is a Dexter Lumis

His gimmick is that he doesn't blink. Ummmm ow.

Atmospheric theme song tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZg59pDzpoc

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Apr 2, 2020

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Boring or ~slow and methodical~

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Yeah he had a match tonight. Announcers kept trying to get over the fact that he doesnt blink which is not the gimmick I'd want if I was a wrestler.

The triple threat is great ASMR if you don't look at the screen. Aside from the commentary all you hear is meat smacking and heavy breathing.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

flashy_mcflash posted:

Ah you're right. I think I mentally blocked out huge portions of that stupid-rear end show.

If you have more than 0 nostalgia for that show you blocked out SO much

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

MJeff posted:

Is HHH aware that he's allowed to book Keith Lee against other people?

This was supposed to be their wrestlemania weekend match which would wrap everything up before going into post wrestlemania season with presumably new stuff.

STAC Goat posted:

It ain't in any way good wrestling or TV but the Sam Shaw/Dexter run was some weird as gently caress skits from him stalking Christy Hemme, to Anderson researching his life, to him being tossed in the mental ward and Gunner randomly coming across him while visiting PTSD vets and deciding to help him, to Santana Garrett sexually manipulating him.

That poo poo was weird.

Although its one of the rare cases where wrestling talent actually watched the show because Christy Hemme went on one date with Shaw, went home and saw all the creepy poo poo he did behind her back, and was like "Dude, stay away from me!" the next week. That surprised the poo poo out of me.

Of all the gimmicks they choose to continue after a TNA transfer.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

:stare:

Which is my reaction to most impact clips ive seen in the last 5 years. You ever feel like Broken Matt was the most normal person working there?

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Apr 2, 2020

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Well I have a new favorite wrestler

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://streamable.com/er9472

"Residing in an undisclosed location" has to be the dorkiest way to say "parts unknown"

I'll be damned, he really didn't blink. How about that

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

projecthalaxy posted:

This is the new Saxtonation

If someone got pinned by that, their career is over.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
People too impatient with keith lee. Let him feud with the undisputed era for 9 months, 4 months of ziggler, 6 months of corbin, lose an IC title shot, 4 months of him and a partner vs ziggler and a partner, 3 month feud when his partner turns on him, lose a money in the bank, elimination chamber, and king of the ring, and if he can do all this without being injured once he might get a US title run after winning it on a preshow. Pfft you guys wanting your day 1 rumble and world title wins from a full timer.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Ibexaz posted:

I know it's the WWE thread and all but It's telling the difference in ideologies between them and AEW when Marko Stunt can get more offense in on Lance Archer during a crowdless pretaped TV debut squash match than Ricochet can get in on Brock during a PPV title match

Prince Puma was so fuckin cool

I didn't like Marko getting sold offense. Him using agility to desperately dodge attacks was cool tho. Now I know Ricochet is a high flier but he's super strong and isn't itty bitty so he shoulda got SOMETHING against Brock.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Prerecorded wrestlemania still being sold as 2 separate nights without advertising whats on each night

Defiance Industries posted:

Remember when Enzo slammed his head into the ring really gross-like and they replayed it like ten times? WWE LOVES to do that.

Fingers crossed they never get their own Sid leg break.

Burt Buckle posted:

I remember a few years ago listening to Wrestling Observer Radio, my memory is a bit fuzzy, but I believe somebody within the company thought they didn’t need Ricochet because they had Neville as their high flyer, and Dave thought that was absurd because Neville, while good, was no Ricochet.

How the tables have turned. We were all fools to not realize that Ricochet is a talentless jobber.

Actually using a microphone, Twitter, and wwe writing/booking. Only the most elite indy stars can survive exposure to all 3 without irreparable damage.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Gillberg retiring the same weekend Goldberg won the title was such a surreal coincidence. Shame they never got a tag run together.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Lamuella posted:

Like there won't be botches on the pre-tape

Montez: WRESTLEMANIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *splat*

"should we retape that from the commercial break onward?"

'naw. Also show a replay from another angle'

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Gonzo McFee posted:

So have any spoilers came out from Mania tapings yet?

The Undertaker's entrance didn't have druids.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

GrimGypsy posted:

given the way mania is taped, they could literally have anyone do play-by-play from isolated places anywhere in the world and just dub it over the cut.

This is Wrestlemania: In Your House, not Wrestlemania: Superstars

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Should we be concerned that a 2nd person on NXT got kidnapped by ninjas or is that not important right now?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Huntman posted:

Also can someone explain why Bobby Lashley and Aleister Black are feuding and why they have a Mania match apparently???

They're upper midcarders with nothing to do cause the raw titles are tied up by 2 people who are never there.

Huntman posted:

Ah, excellent.

Glad Aleister's first Mania singles match will be a memorable one and also glad Corbin v. Elias is a Mania worthy match too.

Ziggler getting his first mania singles match and win also.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

JT Smiley posted:

Rusec is my go to example whenever people say "why don't you just wait and see where the story is going?".

Rowan's spider is mine and I actually had one guy clap back at me with "YOU CANT CALL OUT ANY STORYLINE INTERRUPTED BY CORONA VIRUS"

Huntman posted:

On top of others having "historic" first singles matches at Mania

Braun having a world title match in this situation is hilarious for a guy they should've pulled the trigger on 3? years ago

I was shocked it wasn't Sheamus (who was last seen saying he's entering the elimination chamber) til I realized it's an all new chance for them to have Braun choke away a title.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I was curious how they'd explain Roman's absence when mentioning coronavirus is on the same level of no-no as mentioning Benoit. Well that answers that.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

bartok posted:

What's hilarious is they could have pushed Roman to the moon after he came back from beating cancer and finally gotten the crowd reaction they so desperately wanted for him but did nothing. Same poo poo with Daniel Bryan when he returned. Surprised they didn't have Edge feud with Baron Corbin or Dolph Ziggler after the Rumble. Maybe they will rehire Big Cass for Edge's next match after Orton.

Also didn't do anything with Sami, 2017 Rollins, and Sasha returns. I guess they're just afraid they'll get hurt again so their first 6 months back is super bleh. The era of injury return guys winning the rumble then getting the title is over.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

STAC Goat posted:

WWE's got no one built up and ready to break through because WWE doesn't do things like that anymore. But like people got excited for Kofi based on one match and Becky based on a broken nose and some promos. They got up for Cedric Alexander losing in a RAW main event. So WWE fans will always get hot if WWE throws some weight behind a talent, ANY weight. Hence the talks of that weird time people got behind Cas because WWE spent a few weeks kinda booking him well. Its why the complaints about the place being too negative are silly. No one's saying anything positive because they don't have anything positive to say. But if WWE suddenly gave Apollo Crews a push into the main event the place would go on "Apollo-Mania!" And then when WWE blew it or had Brock squash him we'd be back here.

Nobody's going "Apollo-mania". Dude is the living embodiment of 'Just happy to be here ^_^'. Kofimania wasnt just a better done Jinder experiment, it was a story that was an entire career's worth in the making.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Can't have too many "guy"s. Let's break up Rusev Day to do another Lana/Rusev relationship story where the blow off is an 8 minute smackdown match.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://streamable.com/w3rq9l

Feels like we're glossing over that Ali's big gimmick reveal is that he's a drama poo poo stirrer.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Neodoomium posted:

Is Keith Lee still the funny gif guy or did they quit forcing him to do the popup behind a guy on the apron every week

Think he literally did that 2 or 3 times and people overly freaked out about it. "THEY'RE GONNA RUIN IT!!!!"

Or maybe it was more than that and I just don't know.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The cat was out of the bag the second the mystery text message got added into the story. Now Hacker-Ali being the "ooooh drama, sooo juicy" brand of truth releaser wasnt the part I saw coming. The Laughing Man this is not.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
If Ziggler's plan was to get a mania singles match and not to get with Mandy (aside from a few nights) then hoo boy, noone has seen a plan come together this well ever.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Aww Goldberg's entrance won't have the security guards.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Big loving deal? I've worked grave shifts for 10 bux an hour.

Not saying don't unionize, 100% definitely unionize.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Lid posted:

As soneone who never got on the Koftrrain as it was clearly meant to be the Ali Express and Kofi was just slotted in like another cog this has been all exciting to not watch. WWE had enpugh problems with its title scene before extended gold watch reigns that were not a part of a rrue storyline but because they had no plans.

If Kofi was to win the title tomorrow and no ones around does it make a pop?

Ali was probably gonna lose tho. I swear 90% of Kofimania was Big E and Xavier giving everything to push it.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Fentry posted:

I didn't see the show last night but combining Tamina Snuka and Sasha Banks seems like a good way to get Sasha killed finally

https://twitter.com/SashaBanksWWE/status/1246259924381949952

Never seen a Samoan Drop taken this poorly before

Wtf a Samoan drop is like... one of the moves kids who copy WWE moves CANT hurt each other with. Hasn't she been doing that like a decade? Also holy poo poo the balls on Sasha trying to bring up 5 year old continuity in the divas division. These women literally get amnesia every 6 months.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Which match tonight are you guys most excited for?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Cerebral Bore posted:

Do we even know what matches are booked for tonight?

There's a reddit topic asking what people are looking forward to the most tonight. People are just..........bluntly listing matches. Either there's a list out there somewhere or 'the match I wanna see might not be on tonight' just literally never crossed a bunch of people's minds.

Most popular answer is the boneyard match for what its worth.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Apr 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

xbilkis posted:

Honestly my main takeaway watching this clip is how loving ugly the monochromatic look for SmackDown is. Obviously it's accentuated when you have a wrestler in a blue bodysuit with blue hair, but for all the emphasis WWE puts on THE BRAND it's funny they just crapped out "One show blue, other show red!" and had that be the defining design choice for their flagship broadcast shows

How am I supposed to know which show I'm watching otherwise