Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

wwe is bad, to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

they taped 18 or so matches, which would have went 6-7 hours which checks out for how long Mania went last year. i guess the awful thing is them doing basically a graveyard shift

i think you mean a boneyard shift

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

SirDippingSauce posted:

Uh, is Asuka really, like, a roughneck from Osaka, or is that a put-on for the character? I'm mo Japanese expert, but even her in ring trash talk, she's laying it on thick.

like many thing in wrestling, there's a basis in reality but shes also playing it up deliberately

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

I think he meant it more in a "make hay while the sun is shining" kind of way. For instance, don't have a drug problem and no savings and be forced to do dumb or humiliating poo poo in a worthless promotion or bum around conventions when you can make a shitload of money, retire early and have a good 30-50 years left in life onwards.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

off the top of my head it was a last-minute replacement for something else (maybe when Roman went down with leukemia?) so there was no actual storyline beyond dropping hints like "these guys have a lot of history [somewhere else]"

but they put on a really good match and then never faced each other again with actual buildup, because WWE

it was our consolation prize when the pumpkin finn vs bray in drag match got cancelled last minute

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

it was always lore to me and my friends that they melted down D-Lo Brown's chest protector and divided its powers into 3 new pieces of armour for the Shield to wear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

"I'm convinced RAW's ratings will bounce back considerably" holy moly