Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

So just to make sure I understand what I just saw, Ford did a flipping plancha on a guy who was hunched over and didn't see him coming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

shiksa posted:

yes

the performance center trains you to scream "WRESTLEMANIA" in an empty gym at the hard camera, but not to wait until someone is standing up to do a fuckin flip outside

Dumber; this or Johnny the Bull's springboard legdrop outside the ring that tore his urethra? I'd say the legdrop because this was a dumb mistake, that legdrop worked as planned and was STILL stupid as hell.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Benne posted:

AEW shouldn't be running either and I've been saying that for weeks now

If not two weeks ago then definitely now. We are in the thick of it. Stay home. Maybe replace dynamite with the pre-dynamite PPVs or something. That'll be good for 6(?) weeks of TV if they show half each episode. At the very least let this set of tapings they're doing be the end of it.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

STAC Goat posted:

The most unique way WWE could write Roman out is by just saying "we're in a global pandemic with a very infectious virus, Roman has a compromised health system since he had cancer, and he wants to do the right thing which is be safe and not take the risks which is what everyone should be doing to stay safe and protect each other."

But he'll probably just get jumped by someone.

This would require...not even human empathy, but a comprehension of human empathy.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ruining somebody is easy when you don't let them do things.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

DeathChicken posted:

I was linked to Cena cutting a promo on Bray and...wow, Cena never quite got the whole "Don't point out your opponent is a chump, because if you win then you beat a chump, if you lose then you lost to a chump" thing

I can't help but feel that Cena's agency in that is minimal. In Vince's mind that's all Cena's rivals are; chumps to be disposed of by the ace.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

So I actually got the chance to watch the firefly funhouse match.

Bray Wyatt did nothing wrong.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I hate that Vince can get out of the XFL with his head held high because it had a legitimate excuse for failing this time around.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Boy I sure do love having to cope with this crap by 'focusing on what I can control'. At least Florida is over 1,300 miles away from me.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Knowing that all these people have spent their lives working hard for a dream that will never come true because the key is in the hand of the one of the most deranged, despicable creatures to ever convent oxygen into carbon is one of the saddest drat things.

You lose: Your dream dies.
You win: Your dream still dies.

Take it from Brock folks; don't dream, just punch the loving clock.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

TheKingslayer posted:

Brock mentions in his book that Mr Perfect told him you get in the business to get out. Seems like he internalized that.

That seems like a really weird thing to say for a multi-generational lifer like Hennig to say but at least Brock took the right lesson from it.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Gumball Gumption posted:

This has been a banner loving week for Vince. XFL bankruptcy, Florida Bribe, part of Trump's council fixing our economy, and this bloodletting.

Can't wait for the April 13-20th 2020 edition of the NY64.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Edit: You know what? Not feeling it tonight. Continue on friends.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Eat My Fuc posted:

Why do people think Disney would want to buy WWE? I'd imagine in the extremely unlikely scenario the company is sold it'd be to some company trying to break into the streaming game that's more sports adjacent like HBO.

Part of their ongoing crusade to control all entertainment in the universe.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ok I've heard here before that Taker is bad with his money which is why he can't completely retire. Any demonstrable proof to this?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

At this rate if you told me the entirety of WWE's booking was just Vince getting off on tormenting his talent and the audience because he figures he can get 9 figure TV contracts regardless of how bad his product is I'd believe you.

Apparently WWE is immune to bad business decisions so why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'll believe it when networks don't launch money canons at them when contract renewal time comes up. Ratings were in a steady decline when fox chimed in with 'Hey can we pay you a lot of money to move your dwindling ratings over to our network?'