Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

If you didn't watch AEW this week you missed a really fun show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I'm so happy! I'm not watching Wrestlemania!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Based on what you guys said here, I actually watched the Firefly Funhouse match, and loved it. As someone who's hated Cena forever and always thought Bray deserved better, it was so vindicating for the story to actually be "yes, John Cena loving sucks as a person, and he loses". Really built on a ton of history. I have to wonder who wrote it, maybe Bray? I can't imagine Cena having much of a hand in it, but kudos for going along with it.

Also it's infuriating that yes, WWE can do good stuff when their back is literally against the wall, but given the chance you're never gonna see the "GOOD poo poo". This match would never have happened on a regular WM, and if it did I guarantee they would have reversed the outcome for the audience. That said, Bray owns, surely will go down as one of the best promos in the business.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

All the talk on Twitter from people still in WWE talking about how strong their "family" is really sickens me

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

You can say Vince is a piece of poo poo, the company is endangering their workers etc. but if you're paying for the network or watching them on TV you are supporting them and that ain't right, Jack

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Cole's just jealous that he'll never get a standing MICHAEL COLE chant. Ever

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Seriously, it's so typical of WWE that they can't even show the video of the last time a beloved performer was on their awful show as the whole thing is their lead announcer making fun of his weight and his emotions.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

If you're gonna support this evil company, at least watch it!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

Mike and Maria have 2 children, one of which is less than 3 months old and neither of them have jobs now so it could be worse!

What a compassionate company

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Holy poo poo dwarf Shinsuke lol

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Roman is never leaving WWE and if he does I don't see him going to AEW. Imagine watching Mox, Jericho, Omega, Cody, Page etc then going to SUPERMAN PUNCH poo poo-spear Roman. It'd be painful

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Max Coveri posted:

Late as gently caress on this but what would stop him and AEW from repackaging him with a new moveset?

Repackage him how? Has he ever given a great promo? His spear is the weakest behind Edge's and Darby Allin does a way better SUPERMAN PUNCH. The guy can barely deadlift people into a powerbomb, which is a problem when you're a "strong" man. Someone said he's a better wrestler than Jericho but I'd love to see Roman try a Lionsault or even a dropkick after jumping off the ropes, or basically anything Jericho does, because that's insane.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Rarity posted:

Alan_Shore already getting worked by heel Roman and the character doesn't even exist yet

If Roman did go into AEW as a super smarmy charismatic heel who did cool stuff in the ring, I'd be totally down.

What I wouldn't want is him at his current promo level doing his Superman Punch "ironically" like Cena did with his 5 moves of doom that sets the adults off because they look so bad and fake

EDIT: Above is a good post

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Benne posted:

Did I time travel back to 2015 because "Roman is a bad wrestler" is an extremely dated take

I'm sure you could play a Roman match from 2015 and one from 2020 and be hard-pressed to tell the difference

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Eddie didn't like the pressure of being on top. Which is a shame because he was the loving best

Edit: watch this and have a lil cry. You already know what it is https://youtu.be/iqieKvt9BS0

Alan_Shore fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That ref bump. That smile at the camera. The crowd losing their drat minds. One of a kind.