Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bartok
May 10, 2006

Despite not watching WWE for the last year and a half I am morbidly curious about this years Wrestlemania. It's like how I had to watch Heroes of Wrestling to experience how truly awful it was for myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The rubble of the Silverdome, home of WrestleMania 3.

Shame that it collapsed because it couldn't handle the impact of the Hulkster body slamming a 60 ton Andre the Giant in front of twenty million screaming Hulkamaniacs.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I wonder if Roman gets punished for not wanting to die for the WWE.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Benne posted:

They wanted Roman to be their next Cena

This is how they treat their golden child

Why would anyone sign with this company again

What's hilarious is they could have pushed Roman to the moon after he came back from beating cancer and finally gotten the crowd reaction they so desperately wanted for him but did nothing. Same poo poo with Daniel Bryan when he returned. Surprised they didn't have Edge feud with Baron Corbin or Dolph Ziggler after the Rumble. Maybe they will rehire Big Cass for Edge's next match after Orton.

bartok
May 10, 2006

MJeff posted:

They honestly couldn't have. Roman was getting cheered but he got a very tepid reaction with a healthy mix of boos at WrestleMania and he definitely got boos at the Royal Rumble. People are ready to like Roman, but they still don't want him as the top guy.

To be fair I stopped watching all together right before the second Saudi show. I just based that on less people bitching about Roman on my Twitter feed and listening to WWE recaps where they would bring up how Roman was getting more cheers than boos.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Lamuella posted:

Honestly?

When people I like get signed by WWE I just sort of stop thinking about them.

I love Kushida. Apart from Ospreay and Hiromu he's my favourite junior heavyweight and I think he has unlimited potential. I could tell you exactly zero things he's done in the last year since disappearing into NXT. I think maybe he had a one match Time Splitters reunion or something?

I honestly thought Kushida was injured or retired early. I had no clue he was on NXT.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Blaise330 posted:

Which match tonight are you guys most excited for?
Jeffery Combs vs. Freak w/ mangled dick in an Italian Castle death match.
Having myself a belated Stuart Gordon(RIP) marathon featuring Re-Animator, From Beyond, and Castle Freak. If I'm still up I might finish the night with Space Truckers or Dolls.

bartok
May 10, 2006

How dare Roman put his and his families health ahead of WWE! Should have been willing to jeopardize his and his family's health like fellow immunocompromised wrestler Daniel Bryan. I love Daniel Bryan but sometimes his love for this dumb fake sport over his own personal well being really disturbs me.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Rhonne posted:

The OC will now join Taker and form the new Ministry.

EDIT: No wait, now that he's Bikertaker, we'll reform Aces & Eights!

Gallows and Anderson are such jabronis that they would be Mideon and Viscera

FAKE EDIT: Wasn't Gallows in Aces & Eights?

bartok
May 10, 2006

The Big Show Show sounds like one of the fake shows from the opening cutscene to WWE Crush Hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrpngT7g3fY

bartok
May 10, 2006

Gonz posted:

Shane McMahon’s punches are simply too strong. If fully unleashed, he could murder someone.

Shane is the One Punch Man of the WWE Universe.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I have two wrestling shirts I wear all the time but only because they are pretty mainstream. I got an NWO Wolfpack shirt and the classic Daniel Bryan YES! shirt.

bartok
May 10, 2006

They didn't even bother pretending to give Ruby a small push after coming back from double shoulder surgery.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Hirez posted:

Bio-dome holds up, so does In the Army now :colbert:

When talking about the Pauly Shore oeuvre I'm of the opinion that only A Goofy Movie still holds up.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Another reason to hate WWE is how they would mock and tease Howard Finkel whenever he would return for an Old School Raw or something.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I probably would still be watching WWE now if not for the perfect storm of Shawn Michaels coming out of retirement for blood money, not cancelling that second KSA show, and running a package honoring murderer Jimmy Snuka. Just couldn't justify supporting WWE ever again even though I had been watching almost non stop since 1991.
With WWE the quality of the content didn't really matter to me because watching WWE was just something I had been doing since I was a kid. I was the same way about The Simpsons in that I didn't stop watching until the infamous "Lisa goes Gaga" episode broke me.

bartok
May 10, 2006

So this year's MitB is WWE recreating their Gamecube game Wrestlemania XIX?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Was Vince trying to combine Too Cool and Doink into one gimmick?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Do it ironically posted:

vince is a vindictive rear end in a top hat I could definitely see it being a gently caress you to them because he knew they were unhappy and wanted out

Vince is totally a vindictive rear end in a top hat but I believe he truly thought this would convince The Revival to stay.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

gently caress the miz, I suppose!

Dude has always been a corporate shill for WWE why change now?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Are they trying to end Kairi Sane's career?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Fairly new to NJPW but should I read anything into how they've been promoting a lot of Shinsuke matches on NJPWWorld recently?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Seth Rollins posted:

yes, Shinsuke Nakamura is going to quit the WWE and stop being a broken down has-been, and go back to NJPW where he will put on the best matches of his career

Hasn't stopped Tanahashi.

bartok
May 10, 2006

The only good thing that could happen if Disney bought WWE is we might see the return of Saturday Morning Slam.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

Just people on Twitter trying to prove the whole thing is a con.

We talking about Dream or Biden here?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Rarity posted:

That loving dork is Kurt Russell's son so show some goddam respect

Thanks for reminding me that AMC cancelled Lodge 49 :(

bartok
May 10, 2006

I'm down for a spiritual sequel to WWE All-Stars. Can't say I'm a fan of giving the roster dwarfism.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I see Apollo Crews is the new guy they expect to do crazy poo poo during the MitB match while having no hope of winning.

bartok
May 10, 2006

PASS THE MASH posted:

Nope he’s too injured and got removed

Isn't the MitB match already filmed? Meaning he was always meant to be replaced? What was the point of having Apollo qualify in the first place?

bartok
May 10, 2006

A Salty Affair posted:

Why the gently caress aren't the IIconics on TV? They're so drat charismatic and entertaining

They are still employed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

Can't speak for anyone else but Swagger was a hoss that used the Doctor Bomb and that was enough for me. Time makes fools of us all.