Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should we do with the remaining Bowsette Buddies?
This poll is closed.
Join them 80 33.61%
Humour them 6 2.52%
Mock them, more 19 7.98%
Convince them to move on, to Melinda Megamelons 57 23.95%
Ignore them 6 2.52%
Ban them 28 11.76%
XCOM 3 ft Cindy Cybermelons 22 9.24%
i'm happy. hope you're happy too - oddium, 2020 8 3.36%
I cannot stop collecting pogs, my slammer collection is opulent - Video 'Videogames' Games 10 4.20%
Look, we have discussed the pog situation many times. Could you please not bring it up 2 0.84%
Total: 238 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

there's a castlevania platformer collection on sale for under 7 bucks and it doesn't include rondo of blood, konami you've done it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
More like deuce ex-tra large am I right folks

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

there's a castlevania platformer collection on sale for under 7 bucks and it doesn't include rondo of blood, konami you've done it again
rondo is bundled with sotn in that castlevania requiem collection, except I don't think that ever came out on steam, just ps4 and switch(?)

its mostly just a port of the psp collection though, just play that in ppsspp

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Relax Or DIE posted:

More like deuce ex-tra large am I right folks

Oh my God JC a bomb

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I wish AI had more of the Uchikoshi game scenes where a character tells you about a cool thing they read about on wikipedia

you've just made me way more interested in somnium files

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

homeless snail posted:

rondo is bundled with sotn in that castlevania requiem collection, except I don't think that ever came out on steam, just ps4 and switch(?)

its mostly just a port of the psp collection though, just play that in ppsspp

PS4 only because (speculation) they used Sony's PSP emulator port them. Or Sony paid them, whichever.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh my God JC a bomb

- jock opening the hood of a tesla

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

what a shame [lip smacking noises]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

weird elon has made his twitter pic that. anyway heres some random info about the bad guy from deus ex

Even though Page is responsible for a large portion of the suffering and violence that has swept across the United States and other parts of the world, he manages to maintain a positive image in the public eye. This is due partially to his philanthropic efforts to help those in need. He announces that he intends to donate 10 million credits to the Clinics and Hospices Association of New York, to help treat those that have caught the Gray Death.

Additionally, the 10 million credit donation never makes it to the clinics as he has no intentions of combating the spread of the disease.

not really related or anything just thought about it thats all

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

enough about bill gates though

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its insanely good to me when extremely evil rich guys get really into the aesthetics of cyberpunk while not understanding even the most basic concepts of it

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
classic atlus knew how to set the mood with their intros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU0urjyf6Tg

also, wow have a lot of translation projects come to fruition in recent years

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 30, 2020

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

hmm that's interesting. by comparison, it's insanely good to me when i see a picture of some bomb rear end titys

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i think they understand it just fine, being an evil rich dude in a cyberpunk world probably own, its the poor people that are real excited about cyberpunk becoming real that is the actual insanely good thing. anyway i have some more vtuber videos to watch *puts on vr headset*

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

SeXReX posted:

Someone make a gta like but it's literally just end-game vice city. No one likes the story missions we just play then to unlock the quick access to guns and cars when our latest murder spree ends

Just play the cheat mode in GTA5.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i now realize, as odyssey and origins both go on sale due to the valhalla announcement, that the reason i've never noticed origins going sub-$20 is because i'd want the gold edition with all the content and that's sitting at twenty five buckaroos

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Stux posted:

its insanely good to me when extremely evil rich guys get really into the aesthetics of cyberpunk while not understanding even the most basic concepts of it

I agree, it's interesting that the CEO of CD Projekt Red is a billionaire.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

still might go for it since i'm kind of in between games at the moment

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

I agree, it's interesting that the CEO of CD Projekt Red is a billionaire.

this but unironically

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh I was being unironic too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I can't imagine being a billionaire and being able to be comfortable with that, when instead I could give most of that money to my employees.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I can't imagine being a billionaire and being able to be comfortable with that, when instead I could give most of that money to my employees.

If you treat other people as humans then you don't have to worry about becoming a billionaire.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i just got a job offer where i'll be making 55k a year instead of the 33k i make now and i haven't done the math but i'm pretty sure i'll be a billionaire soon

also gently caress yes

edit: only 18182 years to go!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

If you treat other people as humans then you don't have to worry about becoming a billionaire.

That's fair, I completely agree with that. In order to become a billionaire, it feels like you have to be a terrible person and embrace that.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I said come in! posted:

That's fair, I completely agree with that. In order to become a billionaire, it feels like you have to be a terrible person and embrace that.

It's pretty much a fact.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Cowcaster posted:

i just got a job offer where i'll be making 55k a year instead of the 33k i make now and i haven't done the math but i'm pretty sure i'll be a billionaire soon

also gently caress yes

edit: only 18182 years to go!

That's a big difference. Congrats.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Relax Or DIE posted:

a conundrum for you to ponder: would a king's quest game with modern qol updates still be a kings quest game, or does making them less hostile remove a fundamental part of the formula

As long as the death scenes still feature horrible puns I doubt I'd notice.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
On adventure game recommendations, I would add the freeware Heroine’s Quest and Nelly Cootalot (wish I think is still free?). HQ is very inspired by Quest for Glory and has three classes you can choose from at the beginning, with multiple solutions throughout the game depending on your strengths.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I remember one time this customer at gamestop was trying to sell me on resonance of fate by talking about how unique and special it is, that he hasn't played it and doesn't know anything about it but it is clearly much more interesting than any other jrpg because if you look at the cover you will notice that the anime characters are wielding guns and not swords and that it takes some true originality in design to decide that your jrpg cast should use guns.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

I remember one time this customer at gamestop was trying to sell me on resonance of fate by talking about how unique and special it is, that he hasn't played it and doesn't know anything about it but it is clearly much more interesting than any other jrpg because if you look at the cover you will notice that the anime characters are wielding guns and not swords and that it takes some true originality in design to decide that your jrpg cast should use guns.

ironically they were right because the battle system in rof is amazing and one of the best jrpg battle systems ever created and its entirely because its about guns.

also you can do this

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stux posted:

ironically they were right because the battle system in rof is amazing and one of the best jrpg battle systems ever created and its entirely because its about guns.

also you can do this

This game owned.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Stux posted:

also you can do this

wow they really cleaned up the ui for tarvok reset

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stux posted:

also you can do this

RoF was the rare Good Anime Game and the more fun thing you could do with the barrels that sadly didn't affect gameplay was point them up, down, or backwards.

Also there was a goon who wore a t-shirt that said "LOVE ME" on it and he died, unloved. Rip goon.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

exquisite tea posted:

You can just watch the Eternal Calm movie from the startup menu since that sets up everything in FFX-2.

I watched this and lol I am even more confused, it's literally been 20 years and I have a swiss cheese memory

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I replayed FFX last week and there were some things I forgot, like how the Seymour subplot takes up the entire middle third of the story and everybody is totally okay with Rikku becoming Yuna's guardian minutes after very obviously trying to stop her pilgrimage and all the Al Bhed CONTINUING to do so several times after.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/dreamcasthime/status/1255922866022789125?s=20

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Isn't FFX-2 one of those FFs where you can miss something important in the first area

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You shouldn't try to get the 100% ending on the first playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Isn't FFX-2 one of those FFs where you can miss something important in the first area

no

investigating things and talking to certain people literally gives you percentage points towards 100% completion, but all that affects is the ending and the 100% ending is lame