Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Citing lowtax's often absenteeism from the forums, some moderators of these forums, including mcnally, attempted to legally take control of the physical server these forums are hosted in. A loyalist admin was able at to thwart the attempted coup banning the perpetrators however this currently leaves this subforum without a moderator. Due to this power vacuum and civil unrest in the current events thread and cop thread Godholio, Mare, and myself have seized power and will govern as a triumvirate until free and democratic elections can be established.

We should be getting mod powers tomorrow morning but in the meantime we have no actual authority here and thus we must ask everyone not to poo poo up the forums.

And no, we are not joking https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=124121 more details will be revealed in the following days.

update: Mcnally and the others were trying to help lady ambien get control over the servers citing lowtax's mental health in court. Lowtax is on the verge of just deleting everything. If you aren't in the gip discord you might want to join because there is a non zero chance these servers might not exist in a week.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Apr 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
standby, taking over the forums att

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8qgehH3kEQ

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUQUD3IMbb4

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
:mcnally:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
War were declared

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

give it back to grover

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

shim for mod

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3918876

But theres still several hours before the operation begins!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

hobbesmaster posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3918876

But theres still several hours before the operation begins!

Nobody synced or even set their watches

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Anyone found guilty of taking advantage of this period of lawlessness before we are crowned will be dealt with harshly.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Nobody synced or even set their watches

Its true.

Also imagine posting this:

esperterra posted:

TVIV goons,

I love you loving nerds. I never originally wanted the power, but when the admins came knockin', asking who they thought would be a good choice for a new mod, the good goons of this thread held me up and said 'idk this gay bitch?', and for that I am thankful. I am thankful for all of you, and all of the dumb arguments we have about TV shows.

What happens in the coming hours is for a better community, and I know you'll see that when we're through. For those who have been contacted, you know your roles. For those who haven't, I hope that once the dust settles you see that this was the right thing to do.

In peace, may you leave this shore. In love, may you find the next. Safe passage on your travels, until our final journey to the ground. May we meet again.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
The Huns sunk GIP McNally, report to your gay communism recruiter today

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Make my dad a mod here

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

You have my ferry

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

You have my ferry

bring luca

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbTvvQzCRNQ

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

PookBear posted:

Citing lowtax's often absenteeism from the forums, some moderators of these forums, including mcnally, attempted to legally take control of the physical server these forums are hosted in. A loyalist admin was able at to thwart the attempted coup banning the perpetrators however this currently leaves this subforum without a moderator. Due to this power vacuum and civil unrest in the current events thread and cop thread Godholio, Mare, and myself have seized power and will govern as a triumvirate until free and democratic elections can be established.

We should be getting mod powers tomorrow morning but in the meantime we have no actual authority here and thus we must ask everyone not to poo poo up the forums.

And no, we are not joking https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=124121 more details will be revealed in the following days.

This poo poo sounds stupid as hell

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijvTiDnWJLE

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

FYI we're dead serious, mcnally and some others tried to have lowtax committed due to his mental health problems/lady ambien and used that as an excuse to get legal control over the forums. Get in the gip discord because uh, these servers literally might not exist in a few days

edit: mcnally was helping lady ambien get legal control over the servers

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Kawasaki Nun posted:

This poo poo sounds stupid as hell

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i repeat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijvTiDnWJLE

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
suck my dick from the back loyalist scum!

free mcnally

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

PookBear posted:

FYI we're dead serious, mcnally and some others tried to have lowtax committed due to his mental health problems/lady ambien and used that as an excuse to get legal control over the forums. Get in the gip discord because uh, these servers literally might not exist in a few days

edit: mcnally was helping lady ambien get legal control over the servers

Free McNally. And thats a pretty silly story

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Lamest April fools ever

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Haha funny April Fools but there's no way McNally would be stupid enough to launch a failed coup with a GBS and TVIV mod as co-conspirators

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Maybe the beating of his heart finally echoed the beating of the drums...

Mr.AARP
Apr 20, 2010

I was born after Kurt Cobain died. Now you feel old.

PookBear posted:

Get in the gip discord because uh, these servers literally might not exist in a few days

Is there a link or are those of us without PMs going to have to buy it just before these forums burn down?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Daddy's back, children. :getin:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
This whole thing sounds sad and weird enough to be possible, though the timing is suspect

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Kawasaki Nun posted:

This whole thing sounds sad and weird enough to be possible, though the timing is suspect

Yeah exactly

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

dear richard

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

It's kinda neat seeing how different drums react to it though.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
It's fun to pretend Papa lowtax cares if we live or die.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
This certainly feels dumb enough to be plausible

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
actually on reflection this can't possibly be real, because what in the world would cryptic "you know what to do" messages posted in forums accomplish, are people supposed to post their way towards seizing the means of production? And the rebel mods/admins are supposed to be... taking over the forums through extremely dubious legal action during an active pandemic? everything about this is stupid and dumb and if it is real frankly they deserved to lose.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i hope it's fake because sincere usage of the term "traitor" would be heart-breakingly embarrassing

e: although in fairness so would going to any appreciable lengths to get control of this site

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Apr 1, 2020

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

actually on reflection this can't possibly be real, because what in the world would cryptic "you know what to do" messages posted in forums accomplish, are people supposed to post their way towards seizing the means of production? And the rebel mods/admins are supposed to be... taking over the forums through extremely dubious legal action during an active pandemic? everything about this is stupid and dumb and if it is real frankly they deserved to lose.

from what I understand it was just cyrano changing a post of theirs to give the ban context

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Look, Lowtax has gone pretty far off the deep end ever since this coronavirus thing. I mean after his medical history he's pretty paranoid. It's led to him drunk posting in the mod forums apparently, so things have gone super downhill, and some people thought it was time for a change. The triumvirate will be here when you need us.