Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Reno Boss Fight Why the gently caress does nobody ever try parrying him with Punisher Mode when he's clearly designed to dodge attack spam? :negative:

Rude Boss Fight I love how he hits Aerith with her own bodyguard. :allears:

Onmi posted:

The physical manifestations of future destiny, they fight with swords to protect the future that shaped them.
The physical manifestations of future destiny, they fight barehanded to protect the future that shaped them.

DO NOT LOOK IN THAT BECAUSE IT'S PROBABLY THE MOST MAJOR SPOILER IN THE GAME IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED.

Oh no.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Onmi posted:

And, I think the final nail in the Rebuild theory to me, is the Watchmen of Fate descriptions.

The physical manifestations of future destiny, they fight with swords to protect the future that shaped them.
The physical manifestations of future destiny, they fight barehanded to protect the future that shaped them.

DO NOT LOOK IN THAT BECAUSE IT'S PROBABLY THE MOST MAJOR SPOILER IN THE GAME IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED.

Are the Watchmen of Fate the dementor-looking things?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Harrow posted:

Are the Watchmen of Fate the dementor-looking things?

The very same!

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I mean to me the mere existence of the Watchmen says things are gonna derail hard. We are all aboard the Rebuild train

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

I mean to me the mere existence of the Watchmen says things are gonna derail hard. We are all aboard the Rebuild train

Yeah, to me that means things are going how they are supposed to

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It'd actually be interesting to me if the game ended up being a remixed take on the original, with new plot events and different outcomes, on the basis of some sort of post FF7 fuckery by Jenova to try to twist time to its favor by looping it. At the least, that'd play incredibly well into a lot of people's current feelings of 'I wish we could go back to 1990 and redo everything because it's all so turbofucked now' - and the obvious snag of saving Aeris meaning that the world will end to Holy, but possibly a necessity to stop Jenova inside of the timestream.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah, to me that means things are going how they are supposed to

You don't introduce ghosts to keep the future on track if you're gonna keep the future on track. That's loving stupid. If things don't change you just do it the same. I know Nomura has a rep but I don't think he's that incompetent.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

A Sometimes Food posted:

You don't introduce ghosts to keep the future on track if you're gonna keep the future on track. That's loving stupid. If things don't change you just do it the same. I know Nomura has a rep but I don't think he's that incompetent.

also, this bit.

AGAIN MASSIVE SPOILERS! DO NOT CLICK IF YOU WANT TO AVOID THEM

Red XIII: Whispers. Perhaps best described as arbiters of fate. They are drawn to those who attempt to alter destiny's course and ensure they do not.
Tifa: D... "Destiny"?
Red XIII: The flow of the great river that is the planet, from inception to oblivion.
Tifa: And you're saying that that flow is somehow...fixed?
Red XIII: Yes. For it is the will of the planet itself.
Barret: So if we're destined for a bleak future, these Whispers will try to keep us on that course? Now, wait just a drat minute! How in the hell can you possibly know any of that? Spouting that cryptic stuff which could all be bullshit! I mean, ain't you a Shinra lab rat/dog?
Red XIII: No, I'm not. When Aerith reached out to me... I found this knowledge of the Whispers.

There is very much an indication that the theme of FF7RE is Defying Fate

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

lol no sorry, I meant things ARENT going how they are supposed to

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Guess we should get ready to buckle up for a wild ride

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I think at this point the safest bet is Aeris lives but what we won't know is how that will affect the planet surviving.

What I want them to do is Aeris's death scene is a fake-out vision Cloud is having and he is able to push her out of the way at the last minute and take the sword to the stomach, and you have to finish the game out with Aeris as the lead.

I really hate spoiler tags in spoiler threads or used for speculation yet here I am.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah what's the current rule for this spoiler thread as far as tags go? So far it looks like we're tagging speculation and remake-specific spoilers but not spoilers for the original game?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Harrow posted:

Yeah what's the current rule for this spoiler thread as far as tags go? So far it looks like we're tagging speculation and remake-specific spoilers but not spoilers for the original game?

I figure the original game is free grounds, for goodness sake it came out in 1997. Remake stuff should be spoiled.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Wait. Isn't this the SPOILER thread though? Shouldn't we just freely talk?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Anything thats just conjecture shouldn't have to be spoiled, but if you are using information from the newer games that info needs to be spoiled

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Black August posted:

Wait. Isn't this the SPOILER thread though? Shouldn't we just freely talk?

I mean the game isn't out everywhere yet, better to be safe than sorry at least until after it's world wide launch.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I think part of it is that people don't want even the smallest spoiler-tagged spoiler in the main thread so people are being cautious even here in the spoiler thread. That might change once the game is out and spoiler tags become necessary in the main thread (and this one becomes the "totally untagged spoilers for the whole game" thread).

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Harrow posted:

I think part of it is that people don't want even the smallest spoiler-tagged spoiler in the main thread so people are being cautious even here in the spoiler thread. That might change once the game is out and spoiler tags become necessary in the main thread (and this one becomes the "totally untagged spoilers for the whole game" thread).

Yeah, I figure a good rule of thumb is "Tags until the game is out everywhere, after which feel free to go untagged"

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

lol no sorry, I meant things ARENT going how they are supposed to

Oh lol sorry for snapping at you then.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I cannot loving wait for the AERIS LIVES memes

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Wreck-It Ralph was right all along!

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
People spent hours modeling and animating Aerith/Aeris to make her look great and by god she is gonna live this time goddamn it, game dev is very expensive nowadays you know!? :argh:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Holy poo poo Rude shoots a motherfucking POWAH WAVE

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Gologle posted:

Holy poo poo Rude shoots a motherfucking POWAH WAVE

Didn't he do that in the original?

Also, fixed the timestamps above. The videos finally added their full length instead of just the last two hours.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 2, 2020

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I did the wall market Coliseum last night and it was the best thing ever. Its 7am and I want to get up and keep playing this game. Goty.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The Dave posted:

I think at this point the safest bet is Aeris lives but what we won't know is how that will affect the planet surviving.

What I want them to do is Aeris's death scene is a fake-out vision Cloud is having and he is able to push her out of the way at the last minute and take the sword to the stomach, and you have to finish the game out with Aeris as the lead.

I really hate spoiler tags in spoiler threads or used for speculation yet here I am.

I think the most shocking way to redo the “Aerith dies” thing is if another character dies instead, I guess Tifa? Cloud “dying” would be pointless unless he stays dead.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

RatHat posted:

I think the most shocking way to redo the “Aerith dies” thing is if another character dies instead, I guess Tifa? Cloud “dying” would be pointless unless he stays dead.

Holy poo poo, Tifa dying would be a really big gut punch imo. Ideally though they'd all survive since we're all bothering to change fate. Maybe Aerith could even bring her back to life if that ever happens, or something.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Making the victim Cloud or Tifa instead would ruin Cloud's identity reveal, though.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

Aerith dies, but Aeris shall live!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Luceo posted:

Aerith dies, but Aeris shall live!

Make Cait Sith the Cetra descendant and Aerith the Reeve bot. Then when Aerith dies Aeris shows up a minute later.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
the twist will be that Sephiroth dies

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mechafunkzilla posted:

:hmmyes:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Wait

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Making the victim Cloud or Tifa instead would ruin Cloud's identity reveal, though.

Nah Tifa could reveal it as she's dying.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The end of the game got uploaded. The plot turns into Kingdom Hearts. :negative:

If you don't believe me, see here: Major Ending Spoilers

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 3, 2020

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

The end of the game got uploaded. The plot turns into Kingdom Hearts. :negative:

If you don't believe me, see here: Major Ending Spoilers

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggggggggHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Ahahaha what the hell is that

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Ahahaha what the hell is that

It appears to be a bunch of Organization 13 ring wraith bedsheets forming a gigantic Heartless WEAPON that is destroying Midgar and/or attempting to murder Cloud when he's Level 1 instead of 99 with gross spectacle and lots of nonsensical floating

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, the context I saw leading up to things didn't make it clearer: Seemingly after the Motor Ball fight, Sephiroth appears and Aerith tries to tell him off a bit to no avail. He then opens a portal of darkness while the Dementors cover Midgar, and Aerith uses some kind of magic to turn it into a portal of light while talking about how they need to change the present and themselves or some such nonsense. They then enter the portal and then the above clip happens. It really looks like Darkside from Kingdom Hearts just shows up and starts wrecking poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

It's amazing is what it is!