Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

TommyGun85 posted:

LOL Jessie straight up tells Cloud she wants to gently caress him and his response is "are you seriously that desperate?"

oh man

Look goons. I don't know how to break it to you, but sometimes, a person just isn't attractive to you no matter how hard you are attractive to them. Besides Tifa is the better girl anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Holy poo poo Rude shoots a motherfucking POWAH WAVE

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
This is all loving stupid. This is just as bad as the rest of the Compilation that people moan about.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
On the other hand, the gameplay still looks good, so at the very least it looks like it will be fun to actually play, but not a good story.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Thing is, I still think Zack dies. Zack dying is a core part of Cloud's character. It's not only why he has the Buster Sword but also why his psychosis is so hosed up, because he inherited memories from Zack that nobody else understands why he has.

EDIT: I mean, the only other plausible explanation is that Zack just gives him the Buster sword, tells him to pretend really hard to be him, and then fucks off on a time traveling motorcycle for sick time adventures.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
This basically lets SE do whatever the hell they want to do with the rest of the games in this new series, huh? Maybe Fort Condor doesn't even exist anymore.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Being told that you are the abomination spawn of a Thing from the Stars is going to mind gently caress you at any age.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
This is easily explained by Cait Sith being a time traveler who is trying to stop Sephiroth from changing the timeline.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Pyrus Malus posted:

the cherry on top of all this is gonna be when the time cop ghosts refer to her as aeris

I would take back every bad thing or doubt I had about the game tbh.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
If it assuages or changes anyone's feeling about the game, it's only at the end does the plot swerve at a 90 degree angle away from the original. Up until basically storming Shinra it does in fact seem like a really good remake with a few extra mysteries introduced like the plot ghosts and expanded story bits, like Jessie's backstory.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Hell yea this game has tonberries

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
On one hand, it would be kind of stupid in the next game if Aeris still dies and Zack is still dead considering this game's finale with defying fate, but on the other hand it would be funny as hell if all this speculation comes to naught.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I just don't see how Aeris dying gave her any magical ghost talking power she didn't already have before she died though.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
P sure Aeris is one of the few characters who don't consider Sephiroth hot

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
In every single Kingdom Hearts game there is always an explanation for why Sora loses all his amazing super powers at the start. I can give Nomura as much poo poo as anybody, but I trust him to explain away any power reset.

EDIT: If you believe the idea that now, with Part 1 done, they have a solid groundwork of assets ready to go and an engine they are comfortable with to realize the next few games in, I think it would take a gross amount of incompetence to have the next few games in this series take forever to come out.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 7, 2020

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I would argue it's not as ingrained into people's minds as you are arguing, although I don't have a stake in this discussion either way. There are a lot of people who don't remember a lot about FF7, this was discussed in various other threads multiple times over the past...year? Years.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I wouldn't mind that honestly.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Don't worry though, Cait Sith Mk. II will still show up in the middle of it so you know the fan favorite character didn't really die.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
My absolute favorite spoiler that I've seen, bar none and by a long shot, is that Cait Sith gets a small scene after the plate falls where he just falls to his knees in emotional pain, and that is apparently the only time he shows up in the game, or at least the main story. From how it was described it has the exact same energy as when he shows up in the middle of Cloud beating Aeris, where it's like "really, you chose THIS time to introduce him?"

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I just watched someone play the Rufus fight and...are they flirting with each other?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Nobody except Barret cares about the golden shiny wire of hope

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Boy, this cast of characters that doesn't include a wife beater is way worse off for it, let me tell ya

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Ccs posted:

I couldn’t figure out what that “Seven Seconds” thing was referring to at the end. Wikipedia says it’s that Sephiroth gives Cloud seven seconds to change whatever he wanted, and so he saved Zach which unintentionally changed other things, like causing Biggs to survive. Dunno if that’s true but it’s a cleaner explanation than multiple coexisting timelines.

That's as much a stretch as anything though, because I didn't get that impression at all. To be honest, any speculation on what he is talking about in that scene will have to wait until probably close to the ending of the second game to make sense.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Also Zack has a best friend, Kunsel, who goes looking for him after he goes missing for 4 years.

Kunsel never finds Zack.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Kunsel also gets namedropped in the remake by the trooper in Shinra HQ who recognized cloud!

I hope Kunsel managed to reach 1st Class in the 4 years it's been since (the bulk of) Crisis Core :unsmith:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

McTimmy posted:

Even Tseng tried looking. He even moblized all the Turks no one knows about to do it.

Well, according to Last Order, anyway.

Excuse you, I care A LOT about Cissnei (not the other ones though, you're right about that). Cissnei x Zack forever bitches, I'm hoping she shows up in part 2 in Gongaga or some poo poo!!!!!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Kill All Cops posted:

This is what Zack wakes up to after all the whispers die

Same post plate Midgar, suspect time fuckery or multiverse. Sephiroth did just absorb Meteor, after all

The Dave posted:

I can't see it too well, but how would yo know that's post-plate and not pre-plate?

There appears to be a gap in the outer wall where part of it is missing.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
While I can't say I fully like the ending of the game, I'm insanely hype for part 2 to come out due to all the speculation generated by said ending. Did Zack get yanked into the present? Did Zack live at all? Is the Zack timeline a third timeline separate from the remake timeline? Is Zack going to get shot in the back immediately after that weird flashback ended? Is Aeris going to die? Is Aeris going to live? Is Aeris going to decide to die and voluntarily sacrifice herself? Am I going to get to see Cissnei again? Is loving Genesis going to come out of nowhere and quote Loveless at the party? What is going to happen with Yuffy? How is Vinny going to play? What is Cosmo Canyon going to be like? Is Bugenhagen still a massive girth of a man? Is he still a wizard? What are they going to do for the Midgar Zolom? Is Enemy Skill going to get absolutely bonkers if you can learn Beta and all the really strong Enemy Skills in Part 2? Is there going to be more than one Magnify materia in Part 2? Is some of your equipment going to carry over? Are there going to be parts where you follow Zack separate from the main cast? What is Sephiroth's plot this time? Will the Gold Saucer have Chronobind? Is Fort Condor even going to exist? Is it still going to be terrible? Are Rufus and Cloud going to kiss?

AAAAAAAAA I'M FUCKIN HYPE BROS

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
If we get a shot of Cloud and Zack standing shoulder to shoulder, side by side in their battle stances my soul might actually leave my body

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

SyntheticPolygon posted:

That's going to happen and there will also be a Zack vs Cloud boss fight.

:gizz:

:gizz:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The man in black fled across the world map, and the ex-SOLDIER followed.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The only thing I know for real, is that there will be blood shed.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I am looking forward to both my and this thread's speculation getting blown out of the water by whatever happens in the next part, for good (it exceeds our expectations) or bad (it's lamer than anything we've come up with).

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Onmi posted:

So the game, in one of its map story moments, explains the 7 seconds line

What

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Cloud is going to use a different version of Omnislash in every game every time he's fighting Sephiroth, and Sephiroth is going to block all of them, up until the last Omnislash is just the original one and it actually connects.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Here's what I want to happen in the next part. At the very beginning of the game, you go to Kalm, and Cloud starts his Sephiroth story, and you play through the expanded flashback, all that jazz. Story ends, everybody's silent, taking it in, and then Tifa says "Cloud that's bullshit. You weren't there and that's also really weird, because your memory of the event is startlingly accurate outside of that." And Cloud's mind just snaps instantly because he can't reconcile it. Yes, I want the Cloud mindbreak to happen at basically the start of the next game. If you're going to make a statement about how you're not going to follow the plot of the original game, by golly, you need to go all in. I don't know what would happen after that, I imagine Tifa or Aeris would take over as leader while they either drag Cloud's comatose body around or leave him in Kalm, and somewhere, maybe Junon, Zack enters the picture somehow, I dunno. It's too early to tell what hte next game is going to do, but man, I want it to be wild.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I can't WAIT for The Price of Freedom's remaster in the next game. As is, the song is already fantastic, and I don't know how they could make it better, but I trust them to.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Jetrauben posted:

Honestly, I'm not really sure I believe Kitase either. At the very least, we have multiple characters and possibilities in play now we did not previously have. He has to say "assume the story will continue as it always has" to dissuade people fearful we're going full Kingdom Hearts, but I sincerely doubt we're just going to do a complete 1:1 story at this point so much as a Ultimate Universe Golden Path version of FF7.

A giant sandworm Leto Atreides in the Lifestream dictating how everything should be. His one memo: That bitch Aeris needs to die

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Harrow posted:

Gotta be honest, that Nomura quote about chopping the game up into smaller parts leading to faster development and wanting to release the next part ASAP has me feeling more pessimistic about the future of the FFVII Remake than I have since, like, 2016. I went from thinking "wow, FF7R kicked rear end, the next part's gonna be amazing" to "ah poo poo they're going to crash this into the ground immediately and we're going to wish they'd never made it in the first place." Maybe the most surefire way to gently caress this up from here is to chop it into six or seven parts, release one every year or year and a half, and just drag it out until we just want them to stop, like when Ubisoft was doing annual lovely Assassin's Creed games.

I hope that's just some comment he made and that internal discussions end up arriving at the decision that it's better to take longer to develop fuller games.

I was excited about future games right up until I saw this post and realized that you're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Based on my playthroughs of the original game, Cloud and co. would have survived just fine without Barret actually tbh imo