Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

PancakeTransmission posted:

I haven't gotten that far yet in 6.5 hours (just getting towards Reactor 5), but (speculation based on story so far) I feel like they're leading up to her dying since shes so thirsty for cloud, and she even says "come back to my house tomorrow night (after the reactor 5 mission), my roommates will be gone"

Oh my god

GOTY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I cannot loving wait for the AERIS LIVES memes

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I can't fathom the people saying this won't do as well as a straight remake would have done

Controversy sells. Pretend I posted that Call of Duty "boycott" image here

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Pyrus Malus posted:

the cherry on top of all this is gonna be when the time cop ghosts refer to her as aeris

That would be amazing lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I say Aeris because the game I played called her that

Like it's not a hill I'm dying on but the version I played literally called her that so that's her name to me :shrug:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Final Fantasy VII: Relapse

Rememorized
Remorse
Rediculous

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Agents are GO! posted:

Nothing in the Nomuraverse ever catches on anything else.

Early on when Cloud goes to pull his sword and it gets stuck on the door frame

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm still completely confused about why the Time Cops attacked the avalanche base in chapter 4

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh, it's the extremely obvious thing. I thought there was something I was missing

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rhonne posted:

What exactly is Huge Materia supposed to do again?

The same as a Small Materia, but bigger

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jetrauben posted:

I don't think that's unrealistic at all. Even in poverty, people try to build the best lives they can for each other, and they form support networks and build small pleasures wherever they can. That's much more believable than "everything is disgusting and grimy forever."

Yeah exactly. For me the slums felt way more crummy and desperate in this.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So I'm at chapter 7 on Hard and so far it's been pretty easy, I've just had to remember to always use buffs and switch characters constantly

Really the best advice, and this goes for anyone having trouble on Normal too, is to always, always leave everyone with an ATB segment available in case you need to heal.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

HD DAD posted:

If the remake pulls a Actually Sephiroth Is Good, that would be utterly fantastic.

I'm like 99% sure that Sephiroth will join your party at the end of the game and fight the real ultimate enemy, god/time/fate or whatever

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's pretty amazing that so far they've managed to only improve on literally every character. I especially never felt like Cloud had much personality in the English translation but now he's got a fantastic personality. And Barrett's English VA is so good.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

RatHat posted:

I thought Sephiroth told Cloud to run at the beginning because that would change the future, since he was so important to everything that happens.

It turns out that the Sephiroth we meet in this game is actually Majima

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

cock hero flux posted:

weirdly barret's VA has in my opinion the best overall performance but also the single worst individual line read in the entire game

Which one?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Speaking of which, what happens if you have Barret equipped with a melee weapon during a cutscene where he shoots at something?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

RatHat posted:

Magic Tifa? Now you’re just being silly.

Magic Tifa is good, it's Magic Barrett that is silly

The only spell Barrett needs to cast is Gun :colbert:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
What if the the reason there's no "part 1" on the box is because the sequel to this is Final Fantasy 16 :stare:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Ah yes, Nomura's Many Sephiroths Interpretation.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I like that when she joins the party as good, if not way better (depending on how much side stuff you've done) than Cloud at just deleting crowds of mooks without even using MP

I highly recommend pretty much never directly controlling Cloud, everyone else is too much fun

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The eyes and eyebrows are pretty different

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yes, but even taking that into account you can tell they're different, sheesh

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Weirdly enough the Airbuster on Hard was easier than on Normal. On Normal it was the first fight I had to use like 10 hi potions in, but to be fair I was dumb and picked the treasures instead of weakening the thing. I assumed one of the treasures would be a rare Materia or something, not just potions

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Ugh the kids in chapter 8 are even worse in Japanese

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Man there is just so much crap about Wutai and war, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the changes to the timeline is that Midgar invades them. It'll give us a chance to return to Midgar and care about it a little more. After an entire game of build up, I gotta think that Shinra will play a vastly bigger role in the later events

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Final Fantasy VII-3: Jessie Returns

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Are there really that many people upset compared to how many are like "this is literally the best FF has ever been all at once"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's been pretty heavily implied throughout that Aerith either has a guess of what's coming, or knows full-well how this will end for her. Her dialogue throughout the game's rife with subtext leaning that way.

"Lovers used to give each other these when they reunite" is one of the first things she says yeah

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
You know, I'm not gonna defend the kids in chapter 8 or every detail of every side quest, but I'll say that the "merc work" in the first half does serve a good story purpose in that it establishes Cloud as a wandering ronin type like Zatoichi

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

stev posted:

I don't think a Final Fantasy product has had this positive a response in the last 20 years.

FFX had similar levels of hype and praise as this one, from what I remember.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Even Fate doesn't give a crap about Wedge :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I bet Biggs will be in the next parts. Or maybe when you get an airship he joins up again.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mordiceius posted:

I'd venture to guess it's not going to though. My prediction is that the rest of the story will go "off the rails" about the same amount as this game did. Those that feel like "Oh it's going to go in completely different directions" will be disappointed.

I feel like it's either going to go completely Kingdom Hearts, or literally nothing will change. I don't see any middle ground here

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Uh yeah I'm gonna say that selling 3.5 during a pandemic is probably like selling 7 normally.

You gotta keep in mind, a LOT of people still don't buy digital

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Can't wait to Hunt Mons in the next episode

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think it'd be better to do the rest of it more like an actual episodic game - release a 20 hour game every 2 years. The public at large isn't very patient and 3 or 4 years is a hell of an ask

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I like how the one on one fights (Reno, Rude, Huntmaster) are basically Dark Souls fights on Hard

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rhonne posted:

Everyone dies except Aerith this time.

Temple of Ancients is the beginning of part 3, she apparently dies. At the end, Sephiroth wins and destroys the world. Aerith wakes up having been resurrected by the planet to make things right and part 4 is basically FF7 World of Ruin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Another translated quote from the Ultimania says they actually are considering doing more frequent, but shorter, sequels

"If we divide the story into large parts, it’ll take longer to make," he said. "If we divide it into more detailed smaller sections, then developing it will be faster.

"I hope to release the next one ASAP."