Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Walrus posted:

into the breach is great. I never play indie games, what else should I check out here

if you've really not delved into indie games, there are a LOT of really great ones, and plenty outside this pack.

ones in this pack I would highly recommend:

Undertale - one of my favorite games of all time, incredibly charming characters, one of the best video game soundtracks of all time seriously it's so loving good, genuinely funny writing, multiple playthroughs, an absurd amount of hidden things and dialogue based on your decisions or talking to people in specific ways, an incredible story, and one of the few games to really nail the "things are going on under the hood as a game" style of game design. Literally my only complaint about the game is that the intro area(the ruins) was designed two years prior to the rest of the game as a kickstarter backer demo, so it's a bit less polished than the rest of the game, but once you meet the skeleton brothers, the game never really lets up. Just a wonderful time. Or a Bad Time, depending on the decisions you make.

Hollow Knight - not played it, but people go fuckin' nuts for this metroidvania game.

You've already jumped Into The Breach, so that needs no explanation, but while it's not included in the pack, I would highly recommend their other game, FTL. It's basically a starship management roguelike where you move crew members to various stations in a ship as you flee an inexorable wave of rebellion, trying to deliver the death star plans last hope for saving The Federation. It's ridiculously hard but offers a surprising amount of different playstyles. There is a very divisive final boss, however, if you don't do well during a run it can just stonewall you right at the finish line, unfortunately. But overall it's a really fascinating game.

Totally Accurate Battle Simulator - stupid goofy fun, but man it's a LOT of that. You place down units on a map, press play, and then they do their own thing outside of your control. The "campaign" is relatively solid too, giving you a lot of scenarios that you have to set things up so that when you hit play, it ends with your side surviving. You can also just have the sandbox mode where a thousand mammoths face off against a thousand guys riding around in wheelbarrows.

SUPERHOT - this is basically Matrix Bullet Time: The Game. time progresses glacially unless you move, so you can plan out your movements and shots as dozens of enemies rush you at the same time. Then once you've finished a level, it plays the whole thing out in real time, like you're some John Woo motherfucker. loving fantastic game.

Darksiders Warmastered Edition - Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time-esque, but more grimdark and with art design by Joe Madureira. Not really an indie game, but well, it's in this bundle and it's good.

Stick Fight The Game - this video is a perfect encapsulation of the shenanigans that is this game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de3uKf-2MP4&hd=1

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - haven't played it, but have heard the praises for this co-op game sung far and wide.

Super Hexagon - a frantic twitch-action game with a intense soundtrack

VVVVVV - a ridiculously solid reverse gravity puzzle platformer with a super basic artstyle and INCREDIBLE SOUNDTRACK.

Magicka - a very weird diablo-esque game where you are given a whole bunch of different types of magic, and you cast each magic together to make a frankly stupid combination of spells that do all sorts of things. this game is extremely silly not only in tone but the tomfoolery you get into either alone or with other players.

That's it for games in this bundle I know of and can recommend, if you'd like I can point you towards quality indie stuff that isn't included because there's a lot of them and a lot of incredible ones. One of the advantages to indies is they're often very cheap, generally 5-15 dollars, so you can get a lot of great games for the price of a single AAA title.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Apr 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks very much. I love Dark Souls and Earthbound but have never played Hollow Knight or Undertale so those will be next on the list I think. I did play Darksiders back when it first came out, along with Psychonauts, enjoyed both very much. Might have to try Darksiders 2 as well though I have a vague recollection of starting it once and not enjoying it, seem to recall some big changes from the first one.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Even if you're not into the whole metroidvania thing, hollow knight has some of the best 2D platformer combat/bosses in forever.

4Coronas
Mar 23, 2020
I bought the bundle just to play hollow knight and a couple other games. I hear it's like Dark Souls, so I'd probably enjoy it. Other than that and a couple of select games, I'm probably going to give out the rest of my codes though.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
KNIGHT SQUAD: HTHJJ-5GDRC-HY??Y where ?? is 5 * 15

AWESOMENAUTS: EI2PR-A0EPH-9A??2 where ?? is 100 - 4

WASTELAND 2 SOME KIND OF BULLSHIT SPECIAL EDITION: 2Q3AM-??CH0-DV9XR where ?? is 4 * 11

THE WALKING DEAD, SEASON 1, GOD KNOWS IF THIS EVEN IS CLAIMABLE ANYMORE: QBDJI-GCAJL-CZK?? somehow this one has no numbers in it so ?? is WX

ANOMALY 2: C9J3P-BQNHE-LL?PT where ? is 5+1 i got tired

Enjoy in good health.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Bogart posted:

WASTELAND 2 SOME KIND OF BULLSHIT SPECIAL EDITION: 2Q3AM-??CH0-DV9XR where ?? is 4 * 11

grabbed this one, thanks!!

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Darksiders: W94PD-HI4EP-9CCIH (last block should be first instead)
Broken Age: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=TqfpDpz5cAsUhye5
Brutal Legend: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=sXBZfkumVVF3SaNS
Psychonauts: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=Sr7WGEuWrMcU6kbN
Tropico 4: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=nDFGdDrwRKsr7GxF
Magicka: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=AFWWtTHAr6URyztq
World of Goo: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=km2aKzYAmwefYuAf

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - haven't played it, but have heard the praises for this co-op game sung far and wide.

Worth noting, this isn't a co-op game in the sense that another person plays with you. It's designed so you control the older brother with the left analog stick and the younger brother with the right, and solving puzzles and challenges often requires both brothers working together. It's not a terribly long or difficult game but it's a worthy addition to the bundle.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
3.5 hours left on the bundle as of this post, for those who were holding out for some reason.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Stux posted:

grabbed this one, thanks!!

Something you should know before you play wasteland 2 is that the game is a 90s era throwback rpg, and they've taken great pains to include poo poo that had been excised from the genre, like trap choices and useless skills. Keep that in mind when you play!

e: not that the game is bad, it's very good if that's what you want, it's just something to keep in mind while you play. You have to slip back into that mindset.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Bought the bundle to gift to goons. With all of these keys, the first character has been placed at the end.

Into The Breach- 4VWE-WY02K-0Q82Z C

Undertale- 074P-0CXNY-9HQ3T B

Hollow Knight- FY63-L8X35-LQ4AN B

Wizard of Legend- PE27-LYJA0-G9XZA A

Totally Accurate Battle Simulator- M0NV-ALEQN-FJTB4 B

The Witness- 4XV6-WPZA5-HV3CH B

SUPERHOT- LR8P-BJIZG-E6VZV A

Lego Batman 3- CHRP-M7YAZ-2J99I A

Killing Floor 2- JN8F-ETEMI-7CD2M A

Fahrenheit- 5JKY-4WXWK-JKIC4 A

Jackbox Party Pack 2- FJ6A-AVP09-K4PPD B

Stick Fight- WQDY-QQ6KW-42LKX A

Sniper Elite 3- HH8X-R8X9N-HCX7J A

Darksiders 2- VYWH-CDTND-TLN78 9

Darksiders Warmastered Edition- KYP5-V8NWR-C6BBR 9

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons- W2VQ-QAATY-AZNAW 9

Party Hard- 98L6-EZNEW-2NL60 A

GNOG- IEP7-AEI63-2QR2G A

Worms Revolution- M9YL-WDV5E-22MGV A

Broken Age- Z5YF-44TRL-XJTJL 9

Brutal Legend- 96NT-L5KL0-JQNL4 M

Psychonauts- P6GW-NJBFT-PC55E L

A Mortician's Tale- D4FR-4NVZE-V3AF0 A

A Good Snowman is Hard to Build- FLVC-3RKXC-FJ7GV A

Agents of Mayhem- XK8A-YNK73-YFN0P B

DUCATI - 90th Anniversary- P5Z7-AXR8P-EACMW B

Pikuniku- DPKI-70WM0-NFAPG A

Tropico 4- ZGWQ-KDW6N-FLMDK 9

This is the Police- IT4Y-BJJTM-60HI9 B

PAC-MAN championship edition 2- 4G56-AJMHF-NN5L8 A

Magicka- 46PA-QZEEK-QJ6RW 9

HIVESWAP- VNCH-NY6YG-5P2VW 9

World of Goo- FTVY-8T29N-ZHW4W 9

EU IV - 3IB2-R5RT5-TTQWZ A

Alien Spidy- DH60-JX8VL-3LYLT 9

Stealth 2: A Game of Clones- 7RPW-YHXL4-CV7QQ 9

Hacknet- 6P9B-58XTC-7DWEP 9

Tilt Brush- YYKJ-FY2W2-DTWIZ 9

Lostwinds- MG5M-WLTMB-JJPDR 9

Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville- ZMGA-5HHJX-BH2FW 9

VVVVVV- FJQZ-JWJYZ-R7V0H 9

Super Hexagon- 5R5T-0ZJ46-CAB70 9

Speed Brawl- 50YH-RE703-VZ9GE A

Happy gaming, goons!

Arrrthritis fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 7, 2020

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Arrrthritis posted:

A Mortician's Tale- D4FR-4NVZE-V3AF0 A

I took this one, thank you.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Arrrthritis posted:

Jackbox Party Pack 2- FJ6A-AVP09-K4PPD B

Thanks, this will be great to play with my family!

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

Arrrthritis posted:

Bought the bundle to gift to goons. With all of these keys, the first character has been placed at the end.

The Witness- 4XV6-WPZA5-HV3CH B

Thank you very much, grabbed this one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

Something you should know before you play wasteland 2 is that the game is a 90s era throwback rpg, and they've taken great pains to include poo poo that had been excised from the genre, like trap choices and useless skills. Keep that in mind when you play!

e: not that the game is bad, it's very good if that's what you want, it's just something to keep in mind while you play. You have to slip back into that mindset.

dont worry im aware, but ty for looking out anyway!