Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

tasslex posted:

Shane Company is nationwide, not big but spread out. We've had it in Minneapolis for ages so I remember their locations in Minnetonka at 394 and Hopkins Crossroads, and in Woodbury at I-94 & Radio Drive. Open weekdays til 8, Saturdays and Sundays til 5, or online at ShaneCo.com

Now you've got a friend in the diamond business!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
This program was bankrolled by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, and by the annual financial support of viewers like you.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Phy posted:

Conjugating "je suis, tu es" etc. to the tune of When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again

Japanese "te" forms to the tune of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town", as in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWQacyKoiT0

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

once when I was in middle school I and a couple of classmates awkwardly crammed a primer on Spanish pronouns into the format of the New Age Outlaws’ in-ring spiel

every time I recall this, I smile and thank whichever deities are listening that it was never ever committed to any kind of recording media

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
from main street to madison avenue, america's sold on cable

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it
That bit from Seinfeld where Kramer says he's going to turn a ribbed condom inside out for his own pleasure.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
the trump sissy graydon carter tweet and the newt gingrich grilled chicken mcwrap tweet

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The goose spelling terrific in the Charlotte's Web animated movie.

T-double E-double R-double R-double I-double F-double I -double CCC

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Phy posted:

Conjugating "je suis, tu es" etc. to the tune of When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again

This, except German, and to the tune of the Dr Pepper jingle

Ich bin Pfeffer, du bist Pfeffer, er ist Pfeffer, sie ist Pfeffer...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

caedwalla posted:

That bit from Seinfeld where Kramer says he's going to turn a ribbed condom inside out for his own pleasure.

I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving it!

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

This loving song.
I think it came on a cd with adobe photomorph or some poo poo in the mid ninties.
It is loving haunting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i07y67lRGeM

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Mothmansplainer posted:

The commercial for muzzy that always aired on nickelodeon.

Yes that's french they're speaking and no these children aren't french - they're american. :911:

A kid in 8th grade science class out of nowhere said "je suis la jeune fille" and I turned to him and just said "Muzzy" and we laughed for probably 20 minutes straight

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Phy posted:

Anyone who has studied German, to the tune of Blue Danube:

Aus außer bei mit, nach seit, von zu.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

This never fully leaves my mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Guy Smily's real name is Bernie Liederkrantz.

ihatechesspieces
Jan 2, 2013

When I was a kid, the electric company in my region used to have commercials that played all the time featuring a cartoon lightning bug and kids singing "you gotta obey what those signs say" and that poo poo still gets stuck in my head at work to this day.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ihatechesspieces posted:

When I was a kid, the electric company in my region used to have commercials that played all the time featuring a cartoon lightning bug and kids singing "you gotta obey what those signs say" and that poo poo still gets stuck in my head at work to this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Fn2XnECOA

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

This is... kind of a jam. Definitely not what I was expecting.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I might remember that from being a kid but I've never lived in ohio

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
Write to me
Stick Stickly
P.O. Box 963
New York City
New York State

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

This is... kind of a jam. Definitely not what I was expecting.
Yeah thanks for bringing that back to our collective minds, as I HAD forgotten it but am glad for its return. I could definitely envision a solid remix of that for 2020

Also I realized another thing that never leaves my brain for more than a few days, and of course there is a looping clip of it online:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkX3xF-m-1Q

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

In the 2000 film Charlie's Angels there is a scene in which 2 children are seen playing a PlayStation game, both holding controllers and mashing buttons at the same time. The game shown is Final Fantasy 8 so this makes no goddamn sense.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Hey, Jimmy! Gimme a cheese with nothin'!
Nothin'?!?!?

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
In the memo line it says "For drugs, yo"

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Dr. Quarex posted:

Yeah thanks for bringing that back to our collective minds, as I HAD forgotten it but am glad for its return. I could definitely envision a solid remix of that for 2020

Also I realized another thing that never leaves my brain for more than a few days, and of course there is a looping clip of it online:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkX3xF-m-1Q

Those guys are in that movie The Forbidden Zone!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

The intro and mannerisms of this weird local DJ Caleb Crump who somehow got this super late night spot after SNL I think on the local NBC affiliate if I remember correctly. The intro was this weird version of Fantastic Voyage and he'd be at these nightclubs in loving Albuquerque, New Mexico screaming into a lovely mic that sounded like he was calling you from a payphone. His catchphrase was "Shooky-dooky now ladies and gentlemen!". Then he'd advertise local businesses by interviewing them. Also musical acts that came through town. It all had a very local access feel to it.

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon
CharMEEEEEELEON WARTORTLE Mewtwo Tentacruel AERODACTYL! Omanyte Slooooowpoke

Zeinin
May 7, 2003

A homeless man named yaweh bin yaweh told me I was going to be the king of my people.

God drat

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon
You now speak to Ormus.

He was once a great mage, but now lives like a rat in a sinking vessel. You have questions for Ormus, and doubt in yourself. Ormus sees a strange dichotomy in you, as he does in all would-be heroes. Speak to him, and he may grant you wisdom in turn. Or turn from him, and seek wisdom in yourself.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
When I was a kid I read Harry Harrison’s Deathworld, and I still think about the arm-holster gun that snaps into your hand all the time. Back then I just thought it was the coolest thing anyone had ever thought of

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
The lyrics from the We are Siamese if you please song from lady and the tramp. I'll probably hear them on my deathbed.
We are Siamese if you please
We are Siamese if you don't please
Now we're looking over our new domicile
If we like we stay for maybe quite awhile
Do you see that thing swimming round and round
Maybe we can reach on in and make it drown
If we sneaking up upon it carefully
There will be head for you and a tail for me
Do you hear what I hear a baby cry
Where we finding baby there's milk nearby
And if we look in baby buggy there could be
Plenty of milk for you and also for me

It probably doesn't help that I have 2 chocolate-point Siamese that look eerily like the animated ones. Well, except for the buck teeth. Disney was still rocking the stereotypes hard back then

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

magikid posted:

CharMEEEEEELEON WARTORTLE Mewtwo Tentacruel AERODACTYL! Omanyte Slooooowpoke
Gotta catch em all

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
this lovely but abnormally catchy tune from the mediocre game exo-squad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDFODLq2rBk

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Jecht called the Jecht Shot Mark 3 as such because he wanted people to show up to games hoping to see the Jecht Shot Mark 1 and Mark 2, which didn't exist.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

When I was a kid I read Harry Harrison’s Deathworld, and I still think about the arm-holster gun that snaps into your hand all the time. Back then I just thought it was the coolest thing anyone had ever thought of

That was a weird book.

Spoiler-- there were psychic plants making trouble.

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick
There was a book I read as a kid where a witch got turned into a bluejay, and two girls found her broom and started trying to learn how to ride it, and the bluejay would follow them around screaming and its call sounded like "thief! thief! thief!".
Of course it turned out it was the witch straight up calling them thieves for taking her broom. Eventually she turns back to normal and its all cool.

Anyway, now any time I hear or see a bluejay all I can think is THIEF THIEF THIEF!!!!

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

bullshit from the video game Dark Ages of Camelot. So much detail about that game. Locations, classes, items, builds, strategies, animations ughh it’s burned in there forever

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Something that haunted my mind as a child that I thankfully have evidence for now. I remember the very first commercial I ever saw for Mighty Morphin Power Rangers showed the Rangers transforming into their animals. The actual show of course never delivered on that and so I assumed I’d dreamed it or something.

But here’s a clip with proof and some of the most dubious trippy early 90’s CGI you’ll ever see. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/HsZWcY_n-8w

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

I saw this once when I was like six, and remember specifically how the dickhead grandpa said that the Grither is as tall 'as a poplar tree' and has 'fists like basketballs'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Pelé’s official name is Edson Arantes do Nascimento.