Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favorite returning character?
Kane
General Carville
Premier Romanov
Jobbo Fett
View Results

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Now that I've been playing the game again, I realize that I don't actually like the Yuri faction as much as I thought I did years ago. Playing against them sucks because of the obnoxious mind control units and the gatling cannons. Playing as Yuri sucks because you feel so underpowered without defense emplacements like Prism Towers or the ability to repair tanks. I'd rather just play as either the Allies or Soviets; Yuri isn't all that fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Nostalgamus posted:

So that's what's at the top of tutorial 1 - I've always wondered.

There's a little thing in tutorial 2: If you garrison the outhouse at the top right, the sergeant will reprimand you for taking potty breaks.

I think that was shown off in the original training video, but yes :)

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Now that I've been playing the game again, I realize that I don't actually like the Yuri faction as much as I thought I did years ago. Playing against them sucks because of the obnoxious mind control units and the gatling cannons. Playing as Yuri sucks because you feel so underpowered without defense emplacements like Prism Towers or the ability to repair tanks. I'd rather just play as either the Allies or Soviets; Yuri isn't all that fun.

Yeah... Its a reason I wanted to include mods eventually, makes it interesting to see how different things get by experience and outside opinion.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Yuri's Revenge Maps: Campaigns and Co-Op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twp4lKWudSo
Maps: Yuri's Revenge and Co-Op

The final video is upon us. It does not feature any new gameplay footage due to it being impossible to solo the co-op missions, due to the AI alliance "bug". Of the Yuri's Revenge maps, the only one with any must-see secrets was a sniper+IFV spawning on Tomb Raided, but its not special or important enough to be worth recording/editing it in. If you want the free units just head into that corner whenever.

N/A

Objective: Reveal Secrets

Briefing: Showcasing the Yuri's Revenge maps.

Author's note: Exploring the expansion's maps

N/A

N/A

Aftermath:

That's it. That is the entirety of Red Alert 2 that I can show off for the time being. Up next is Command & Conquer: Renegade!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

You're sending a commando?!

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Renegade is one of the most underappreciated games in history. I am looking forward to it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

FoolyCharged posted:

You're sending a commando?!

Feel better now, motherfucker?

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Sadly the Dune games didn't get the CnC prefix, they have some delicious cutscenes.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SIGSEGV posted:

Sadly the Dune games didn't get the CnC prefix, they have some delicious cutscenes.

I should add this to the poll I said I would make. If I do mods I might as well do C&C adjacent stuff...

cuc
Nov 25, 2013

SIGSEGV posted:

We can ask Westwood about that (sorry, don't know the source).

Combine that with the knowledge the first post-Dune 2 C&C was originally going to be a fantasy game "Command & Conquer: Fortress of Stone", it seems Westwood had comparable intentions to Blizzard when naming Warcraft: an umbrella brand attached to all RTSes by the company, regardless of setting.

In that sense, depending on how you count engine generations and the outsourced Dunes that don't even run on Westwood engines, Red Alert 2 is C&C No. 3.5, 5 or 6, and StarCraft 2 is definitely Warcraft 5 :mrgw:

cuc fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Feb 3, 2021

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

cuc posted:

In that sense, depending on how you count engine generations and the outsourced Dunes that don't even run on Westwood engines, Red Alert 2 is C&C No. 3.5, 5 or 6, and StarCraft 2 is definitely Warcraft 5 :mrgw:

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2: C&C 1: Warcraft 5

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I should add this to the poll I said I would make. If I do mods I might as well do C&C adjacent stuff...

How about some Sole Survivor, then? :D

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

SIGSEGV posted:

Not like they didn't slap that on completely unrelated products which have not even the slightest relation to the C&C universe. Grumblegrumblegrumble.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Dale-Taco posted:

Renegade is one of the most underappreciated games in history. I am looking forward to it.

Agreed, have a massive, massive soft spot for that game, but will have a lot more to say when it arrives. Nicely done with RA2 and YR though, was a blast seeing them again, def have a new feeling on the whole Yuri faction as a whole, really is sadly a finicky to play, super annoying to play against army in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
It's Time...

An outlaw hunting outlaws, a bounty hunter - A [C&C] RENEGADE

It's time to kick more Brotherhood of Nod rear end, as C&C goes First-Person as The Renegade!