Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favorite returning character?
Kane
General Carville
Premier Romanov
Jobbo Fett
View Results

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

Mokinokaro posted:

It's plain cool that they even made variations for the Soviet units really.

I wish we'd seen more variations on the "APC units can fire out of" unit style in RTS in general but it's tricky to balance out since a lot of infantry tend to be glass cannons

If I remember right, some of the expansion infantry you get do fantastic things in an IFV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

Garrisoning buildings is oddly used by the AI. All I remember is the frustration of trying to level a city block full of walled in troops.

Edit: Edited for quasi-spoiler

thiswayliesmadness fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 12, 2020

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope you're only doing some of the better mods out there, because there are some -really- bad ones. Stuff like "your only available unit is paratroopers", or "95% of the map is land mines" turned me off custom missions right quick.