Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favorite returning character?
Kane
General Carville
Premier Romanov
Jobbo Fett
View Results

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Those were some overpowered prism towers, why aren't Soviets building the poo poo out of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Agreed about soviet faction aesthetics being the best, shame about the balancing. (I actually don't remember anything about RA2 balance)

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I am a bit behind, but what is the policy on referring to changes in gameplay mechanics of later games?

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Fair :v:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
And I imagine flak troopers in buildings might pose challenge to air, but a ground army can either bypass them, or outrange them with artillery.

My guess on why they aren't garrisonable is that the engine wasn't ready for it.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Poil posted:

Never build the psychic sensor Zofia mentions on this particular mission. You will regret it. :v:

Is it a trap, or will there just be an infinite spam of warnings? The cutscene that told us about it seemed super suspicious :v:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I think that if you play your cards right, the starting two Kirovs can take out the power to Yuri's base, after which it gets much easier :v:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

anilEhilated posted:

So I guess I'm the only one who really doesn't like Kirovs? The blimp design is cool but it's just soo...sloooow... If it had some range, say, as an airborne artillery platform, it would be so much more useful. And cooler.

Their design is great. Gameplay is not, but hey, RA is all about that tank spam anyway.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Is there anything that wouldn't be?

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Loxbourne posted:

Also it removes the Apocalypse Tank from the Soviet arsenal for not being serious enough.

:fuckoff:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

PurpleXVI posted:

Being an unfun boring person, I have to admit I'd prefer if the mods were just a brief visit rather than a full playthrough, as I'm far more interested in the official games.

I am interested in the mods, but I am also very interested in mechanics discussion of how the series evolves later. The spoiler policy is killing me :v:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Dog IFV should get tiny loud speakers and play loud barking sounds at people :colbert:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
ahahahahahahaha

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Poil posted:

Did we really save the world, or let Yuri conquer it with a massive dinosaur empire? :ohdear:

Came in to post exactly that after seeing the ending :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I like the gameplay concepts in the next one the most in the series. The campaigns are meh, but I will leave elaborating to when we get there.